L'Occitane

L'Occitane Pay & benefits reviews

Really fun place and team to work with. Targets are quite high and they require a lot of effort so I don’t think the salary is fair as we don’t work on commissions and don’t have many benefits/allocation.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Low pay/ not many benefits
The manager of the grand central store in Birmingham is a bully. I was made to feel uncomfortable every time I was at work. She would greet other employees with a hug and ignore me completely. Her contribution to the business was minimal. She stood behind a computer all day,yet took credit for anything that went well. I was given no formal training, just a folder to work through, yet she expected me to train new staff. When thefts occurred in the store, She made me feel that she believed i’d allowed it to happen or taken it myself. Never in all my years in retail have I ever felt under suspicion, so this was incredibly distressing. Due to my vast experience and success as a manager in beauty, I was expected to increase the store’s share in facial skin care business, yet the only training I received on these products was what I had read. In my previous jobs in cosmetics I was given plenty of training so felt knowledgeable and confident in the products I was selling. I felt like I was unable to achieve the targets I was given due to a lack of training. My work/life balance was appalling as I did the majority of the late night store closings and Sunday’s, with her having a lot of weekends off. it was clear from my first day that she didn’t like me. I attempted to be friendly and supportive, but this was rebuffed. I was constantly told how wonderful the previous assistant manager was and was even told that “the area manager chose you for this role, not me” For the few months that I was there my mental health suffered due to the behaviour of this woman. I was off sick for a month, - more...
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, Hours, lack of training
Great company to work for, excellent management and clear sales targets. However, not great career progression for young adults looking to grow. The company has admirable objectives and history which if you adhere with, you will love the organisation. Gave me a depth of knowledge about customer service.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Not much room for career development
It is amazing to work for a company that is so inclusive and collaborates with its teams. Everyone is made to feel like their ideas matter and they can contribute to the overall culture of the company. I feel super happy at work and am always developing to the next step in my career. People have been with the company for years and there are some people that have even left and come back because hey miss the people and the atmosphere so much!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slow on the IT side
Good company to get experience for in a luxury retail industry. Benefits are great, culture of workers depends on each store but overall job satisfaction is high I would say. Management is fairly flexible with how to approach shifts and they are very open to talk to regarding any issues you might have. Really easy to know your targets and the managers are very nice to explain the objectives for individuals persons and the shops themselves.
I love the products but the salary is not good. Nice working environment and conditions, everything is clean. Would be better if the salary was higher and better benefits.
this company is so warming and welcoming to all staff and customers. A well informed company with what the public desires - and their workforce too! Incredible perks and benefits in house and globally from this company. I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE
Pros
Cons
too much fun!
Little hours on contract you need two jobs to be able to pay bills but nice company to work for. Easy job. Nice rewards. Produsts are amazing. Trainings very helpful.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Small hours contracts
lovely place to work, pride themselves on customer service, top 100 company to work for, good salary and added benefits, only negative would be long hours, and some upper management having favourites. very detailed with merchandising, offers, training on new products etc
Enjoyed my time there but management is awful. Pay is very good and found some good friends there but I was very glad to be leaving after a year and a half.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at L'Occitane?
The company has good benefits however due to change in main office London. The company has become very corporate and the hours you put in and the effort you don’t see any appreciation back. The company has amazing benefits and the staff discount is fantastic No career progression within business. No progression plans will be put into place.
Pros
Allocation
Cons
You will be covering stores all around the uk
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at the store, until the new manger came. There has being a negative cast spread across the whole store, due to the bullying tactics by the new store manager.
Pros
Lovely allocation and some nice team members.
Cons
No praise and bullying from store manager.
i have thoroughly enjoyed my time at L'Occitane, but i feel my work here now is done, having done it for such a long time i need some stimulation and a change. A day for me is 9.30-6 is a great job with great benefits and the customers are so lovely too.
Pros
good hours, know all customers and area very well
Cons
management let down, having to work most weekends.
I only worked at L'Occtiane for a short period of time as I was a christmas temp but I found it very good, they provided good training and it was a lovely environment to work in.
good work schedule. two short breaks and a longer lunch break. I learned to pack products to scan products, pack online orders, work in a team.
Pros
Free coffee
As a company L'Occitane are an amazing, although I haven't been treating right by my store manager so all the hard work wasn't a good enough. Salary was a good but when you are not really happy at work you don't really much care about the rest. I left as we split up as the team.
Pros
I have learned more about L'Occitane.
Cons
Not treating people right as they should.
Typical working day at L'Occitane usually involves a lot of skills. You have to follow company philosophy, know all the products well and aim for the best possible customer service which is widely known within industry. Working for the company is not simple retail job from 10-6. As L'Occitane is a leader in natural cosmetics production based on on the best quality ingredients, mainly from France, they constantly bring up new products to the market. New additions must be introduced with passion and knowledge to every customer stepping in one of the high street boutiques. I had great pleasure to perform facial consultations, hand massage and professional advice for customers. Also I attended lots of trainings, including product training, training for success, involving HR management and managers meetings. Personally I was responsible for implementing marketing campaigns and developing local promotions within Surrey area. Unfortunately the hardest part of the job is dealing with irresponsible staff members who are not following company orders and not engaging with customers, not following KPI. The company seem to be focused very much on individual sales results, rather on the team work and quality of customer service. Although it was not my problem to achieve the best possible ATV, some of my staff members were struggling to raise their results to the expected level.
Pros
Great products, generous allocation system, good trainings
Cons
Too focused on individual sales results