L'Occitane

L'Occitane Work-life balance reviews

Love the brand and the ethos but senior management really seem to lack accountability and have no understanding of running a store day to day. Too much lone trading and managers are expected to sacrifice their home life to ensure the store runs smoothly. General feeling that head office really don’t care as long as you take the money.
A working day was starting at 7.00. First task was to make the boxes and put the protection for the product inside the box. The product was following. After that beeing done, i closed the boxes and make them ready for next step.
The manager of the grand central store in Birmingham is a bully. I was made to feel uncomfortable every time I was at work. She would greet other employees with a hug and ignore me completely. Her contribution to the business was minimal. She stood behind a computer all day,yet took credit for anything that went well. I was given no formal training, just a folder to work through, yet she expected me to train new staff. When thefts occurred in the store, She made me feel that she believed i’d allowed it to happen or taken it myself. Never in all my years in retail have I ever felt under suspicion, so this was incredibly distressing. Due to my vast experience and success as a manager in beauty, I was expected to increase the store’s share in facial skin care business, yet the only training I received on these products was what I had read. In my previous jobs in cosmetics I was given plenty of training so felt knowledgeable and confident in the products I was selling. I felt like I was unable to achieve the targets I was given due to a lack of training. My work/life balance was appalling as I did the majority of the late night store closings and Sunday’s, with her having a lot of weekends off. it was clear from my first day that she didn’t like me. I attempted to be friendly and supportive, but this was rebuffed. I was constantly told how wonderful the previous assistant manager was and was even told that “the area manager chose you for this role, not me” For the few months that I was there my mental health suffered due to the behaviour of this woman. I was off sick for a month, - more...
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, Hours, lack of training
Great company to work for, excellent management and clear sales targets. However, not great career progression for young adults looking to grow. The company has admirable objectives and history which if you adhere with, you will love the organisation. Gave me a depth of knowledge about customer service.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Not much room for career development
It is amazing to work for a company that is so inclusive and collaborates with its teams. Everyone is made to feel like their ideas matter and they can contribute to the overall culture of the company. I feel super happy at work and am always developing to the next step in my career. People have been with the company for years and there are some people that have even left and come back because hey miss the people and the atmosphere so much!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slow on the IT side
great, in fact, amazing products to be working with. company has policy on sales strategies that can be a little restrictive, but they are very passionate and that makes for a wonderful company environment
Training provided. Sometimes the store can be very quiet so it can be boring. I enjoy working with the company. Great support from my colleagues and manager. Quick progression- I was promoted from Sale Associate to Senior Sale Associate within about 2-3 months.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
this company is so warming and welcoming to all staff and customers. A well informed company with what the public desires - and their workforce too! Incredible perks and benefits in house and globally from this company. I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE
Pros
Cons
too much fun!
lovely place to work, pride themselves on customer service, top 100 company to work for, good salary and added benefits, only negative would be long hours, and some upper management having favourites. very detailed with merchandising, offers, training on new products etc
Surplus and clear information on company and product experience, with both staff and customer perspective. Advancement and movement within company seemed slow and unlikely.
The company has good benefits however due to change in main office London. The company has become very corporate and the hours you put in and the effort you don’t see any appreciation back. The company has amazing benefits and the staff discount is fantastic No career progression within business. No progression plans will be put into place.
Pros
Allocation
Cons
You will be covering stores all around the uk
I've really enjoyed my experience working at l'occitane, for the most part. The company seem to really care about their employees and are invested in their wellbeing and progression. I got this impression not only from my manager and assistant manager at the boutique I worked at, but also from head office. I love the culture at l'occitane, their guiding PROSPERITY principles don't feel like the usual waffle that HR/L&D departments spout out for the sake of it, they really mean something and I found it easy to relate to them. For me the worst part of the job was working weekends. Having made a big move from a Monday-Friday role working in digital marketing, it was a massive shock to the system and is part of the reason I'm now leaving. Obviously weekends go hand in hand with retail, I just didn't anticipate how difficult I'd find it. I did also find it frustrating sometimes when I didn't know my shifts for the coming week as it makes it very difficult to make plans. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working alongside a fantastic team. Also the product allocation and discount were massive bonuses. I would thoroughly recommend l'occitane to anyone, it's a great place to work!
As a company L'Occitane are an amazing, although I haven't been treating right by my store manager so all the hard work wasn't a good enough. Salary was a good but when you are not really happy at work you don't really much care about the rest. I left as we split up as the team.
Pros
I have learned more about L'Occitane.
Cons
Not treating people right as they should.
The management here are fantastic and you are well trained and well looked after. You get to try the products out when you first start working there to help you be able to sell them and they are fantastic! Shifts can vary between four - eight hours but you get a break if you're working a long shift and you can usually say when you want to take your break. Supportive and positive working atmosphere, so sad to leave! Wish good luck to all the girls.
Pros
Free product every campaign change, family feel with staff
Cons
There won't be an excess amount of hours but I didn't want this so it was perfect for me
Typical Day. Complete previous days paperwork early prior to opening. Prepare sales area/have all tools ready for a busy day/clean and prepare the beauty room for one to one customers. I learn something new every day. I have good relationships with all my co-workers and I work hard to maintain this. Hardest part. Standing still. Interaction with customers. Most enjoyable part of my job. Building relationships.
Pros
Gree products/Commission/Incentives/Managers meetings.
Cons
Travel to and from work can be a lengthy process.22, 00
L'Occitane is a great company to work for. The products are fantastic and provide men and women with an affordable way to rejuvenate their skin. Management is outstanding and provide great incentives to continue to work hard.
I didn't like to work here, the job was really hard and other people not friendly. There were no break and I was really tired.
I learnt a lot in beauty care and the different products used for the body and facial. I also learnt some I.T. This helped a lot.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours.