L'Oréal
Happiness score is 73 out of 100

L'Oréal Employee Reviews

United Kingdom157 reviews

Found 157 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,026 reviews

Fantastic company but reshuffle needed

An amazing company however management needs a reshuffle within shop floors. Benefits within the company are great and I would recommend the company to anyone within the industry but be cautious as the turn over is high.

I wouldn’t work for L’Oréal again

Poor management No progression in the companyLow paid salary I didn’t enjoy my time with the companyThe best thing was the staff shop discountI would avoid L’Oréal jobs.

Amazing family feel and support

Management is great. The brand really makes you feel like you are a part of the family and have a great community and culture. There is also good support and training. You learn a lot about makeup and the products they sell. I worked on a rota basis but i was able to have a lot of input and took childcare into consideration. The best makeup brand to work for. You also get lot's of freebies and discounts! The company really looked after staff during covid. A typical day is trying to bring customers in and tracking sales through the day, keeping the store cleaning and tallying up sales at the end. The sales targets can be daunting at first. It is more about sales than beauty. You do not need to be a beauty expert but just need to learn how to use the products. Helps to have a full face of the brands products on too.

Fantastic Company!

Great company to work for, amazing benefits and a great work life balance along with great job satisfaction! Easy to reach targets with hard work and dedication!

Working for loreal

I enjoyed my 10years was upset to leave becouse the business was moving location made some great friends and work colleagues Learnt a lot and gained some valuable experience in my time there

It was a fun place to work for, but management was shocking

Everyone is in each other’s pockets, if you’re not friends with the high up managers you have no chance on progressing. One of the worst jobs I have ever had, horrible people.

Pros

Free lunch when in head office

Shifts and retail

Good discount and benefits, lots of free products. However the training isn’t great, and management aren’t very supportive. The hours can be long as it is a retail environment.

Pros

Allocation

Cons

High targets

Beauty consultant

Great job, you meet some lovely girls and you can mess around with make up. It is a sales roles, with targets ect. It’s so much fun working on the beauty counters. Not enough hours or pay unfortunately

Pros

Free make up and staff shop

Cons

Not enough hours and too much competition with other brands.

Full training provided. Bags with the cosmetics. Supportive leaders. Staff shop after longer service. Parking on the site. Canteen with good food service.

Overall the working personnel at L’Oréal.

Overall the working personnel at L’Oréal were great except for one or two workers that were let’s say, not team players. The management, I have never met such a facist group of a management team and they’re getting away with it. Coming from a manager role myself of over 100 personnel, I feel for the workers but, I’m glad it was only a temporary role for myself.

Pros

Early starts (06:00hrs), average wage

Cons

Facist regime, unpredictable hours, suck-ups were favouritised over hard workers on overtime.

Boring , repetitive and terrible management

My summary says it all, terrible management, repetitive, long tiring days. No such this as a work life balance and the job was not outlined properly in its description. Overall stressful and for less than £10 not worth it

L'Oréal

Only Favourite by Management people getting more training.You should be as licker to get it.You are driving very old LLOP and they expecting from you pick rate more than 95%You are heavy lifting boxes with shampoons and others.Your back killing u.Management without experience and strong background thinking about their self that they are the best.No one appreciate ur work,even if u r working 60 hrs a week and have over 100% pick rateNo chance for contract.People working from agency even 10 yes without conrtact!!!U can get it ,if they like u.Shock!

Pros

Staff shop discounts

Cons

No chance for contract even if working 6 yrs!

Loved my time with Loreal

I really loved my time with Loreal and only left due to losing hours as a result of a restructure making my salary too low.Management were the best, I’ve never loved a job more than what I did working for Loreal.I’m hoping one day I can come back in a suitable role

Brilliant career opportunities

I loved working here and stayed for 17 years, it offered me opportunities that have formed lasting and positive memories. I travelled. Learned new skills and made lifetime friends. The personal development learning programme is excellent and it’s a young, cool company .

Pros

Staff shop

Cons

Can be all consuming if you let it

Buen ambiente de trabajo, mucho que aprender

Loreal es gran empresa, con buen ambiente de trabajo.

Pros

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Cons

Ninguno

Fun job, low paid

The management and training were incredible, the employee discount and allocation schemes were also amazing. The base pay was low however targets were fairly reasonable and the commission scheme was rewarding if you hit the targets.

Pros

Employee discount, allocation, amazing sense of community, management

Cons

Salary

Best company

Working as an order picker,its the best ever company to work with.There is great outcome nd social life grooming at Loreal,You can make best friends nd Earn much respect with good income!!!!highly recommended wrk place ever

Not the best

Absolutely disappointed with everything apart from the free products. Terrible management, no balance between work and personal life, long shifts, terrible pay. Find another job! The managers don’t care about you even if you do your best.

Pros

Free products

Cons

Everything else

Great Company, Great Benefits

Youre never made to feel like just a number working at L'Oreal. They are very personal and your individual skills are appreciated and put to the test.

Pros

Incentives

The worst place to work

I worked for this company by proman agency for 1 week and It had been a bad experience. I didn't get properly training but just a colleague explained to me what to do but if I didn't understand something then get rude. Was also very annoying haering colleagues speaking in their language while working I felt it very rude.

Pros

Cons

Waste of time

Professional and encouraging

IV worked with loreal altogether for over ten years. They are a dynamic company with many sectors and opportunities if you can travel. As a manager I do struggle with my minimum wage. I have a child and a mortgage and I do find I work hard and see little to play with on payday. This is a job for you if you love interacting with people, enjoy a sales environment and are driven.

Pros

Commission, great discounts, good support

Cons

Wages, a lot of initiative based work, I feel they ask a lot for what they pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oréal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare L'Oréal with

• L'Oréal
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?