L'Oréal

United Kingdom11 reviews

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,439 reviews
allocationtargetbrandmakeupbeautyproductprogresscommission

Interesting & varied work

Involves many numeracy skills, entails some physical work, ability to work as a team player as well as being able to work unsupervised required. Workload targets need to be met.

Pros

Company benfits ocasionaly available

Cons

Agency workers not guaranteed constant work

Commitment

100% attendance over several yearsAlways achieving weekly targets.Means nothing to this company Made to feel you can't have a voiceLoved working there for many years,till tecent change in management

Pros

Good canteen

Cons

No loyalty from management

Insights into L'Oréal

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Don’t expect a full working week

What they don’t tell you get regular cancellations, pick rates must be achieved favour Eastern European workers.the job light and easy get trained up on all aspects within the company

Pros

Goody bags light easy work

Cons

Not enough hours got to work to pick rates

Overall the working personnel at L’Oréal.

Overall the working personnel at L’Oréal were great except for one or two workers that were let’s say, not team players. The management, I have never met such a facist group of a management team and they’re getting away with it. Coming from a manager role myself of over 100 personnel, I feel for the workers but, I’m glad it was only a temporary role for myself.

Pros

Early starts (06:00hrs), average wage

Cons

Facist regime, unpredictable hours, suck-ups were favouritised over hard workers on overtime.

The worst place to work

I worked for this company by proman agency for 1 week and It had been a bad experience. I didn't get properly training but just a colleague explained to me what to do but if I didn't understand something then get rude. Was also very annoying haering colleagues speaking in their language while working I felt it very rude.

Pros

Cons

Waste of time

nice work place and some lovely people

I work always on pm shift i really do like people over there atmosphere at work is very nice i learned there few new skills aswel i learn health and safety standards as we using there only electric trucks and that rules are on a first place i dont remember any hard part of my job becouse im not scared work under presure i do like helping others

Pros

canteen with food

Cons

only one short break time

The warehouse in general is clean and safe.The empolyees are friendly, easy to talk to and always work in a team. Employers on the other hand are good but dont always treat people the same, always say their door is open to talk, you talk and nothing happens with your situation. They want to be the best employers ever but unless they listen to the employees more and treat everybody the same in my mind they never will be. The most enjoyable thing about working here is the people you work with, good jokes and always helping each other.

Pros

The benifits

Notbad workplace for temps

Day at work starts with briefs which is quite good. Learned a lot as it gives you the potential to rise. Management doesn't care about workers. Its a good clean place for temps though.

productive

It wasn't my dream job but was good paid with the possibility to make overtime. I had a good relations with the co-workers and felt really comfortable at work. Management was very helpful and lovely. The job started at 6 and was finished at 1:30 pm. I am not a person who likes to complain but it was definitely one disadvantage of this workplace, in a winter time was really cold in the warehouse and often I caught the cold. But the best part of this job was a chance to buy expensive make-up products at half price.

Pros

Cheap make-up products

Cons

was freezing in a winter time

Productive and friendly workplace

At the beginning I had a traning, I have learnt how to operate a shopper (trolley), undrestand all codes and generally realise given orders. I was given vest, knife and gloves required to effective work. I have started at 6 am and finished at 2 pm. At 10 am we had a half hour break for lunch. My managers and co-workers were very friendly and helpful. Any problems with payslips or contact with the job agency. The hardest part for me was learning all needed codes in quite short time, however it took me about the week. I have enjoyed positve atmosphere in warehouse and had big satisfaction from job, done well and with no mistakes. Big rescpect for the company which really cares for co-workers. They are given a gifts and packages with cosmetics Dicounts for cosmetics for co-workers available. Event and parties often are organised. It is very positive and nice.

Pros

Friendly atmosphere; positive co-workers ; high level of the security;

Cons

My shift started at 6 A.M.; uncomfortable safety shoes

Stable company with benefits

It was great to work in Loreal. People are nice and you have access to cheaper Loreal products. Overall, nice place to work at.

Pros

Free cosmetics

Cons

Pay rate not too high

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oréal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement