Labcorp

Labcorp Employee Reviews

United Kingdom104 reviews

Found 104 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,303 reviews
colleagueovertimetrainingpoorculturestaybalancelife

It’s a good place to get experience before you get your big boy job.

I was lucky enough to end up in a very friendly lab. Really nice people. Very fun environment. But there are awful labs. So it could be like these comments. I got my experience, moved on to a better job now. Overall was worth it. But don’t stay too long

Pros

People, restaurant on-site, green area

Cons

Pay

Terrible pay for work required

Management in my department was good who were always there if you needed to talk but the job itself was stressful and repetitive. People higher up kept adding things to do onto of an increased workload. Very low pay for effort and location for living there.Training was terrible on busy days and often left to do things unsupervised due to lack of staff.I only stayed as long as I did for the team I was with as the people are lovely.

Pros

People

Cons

Overtime. Long days. Stressful. Repetitve. Lack of rewards for hardwork. Low pay.

Insights into Labcorp

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Toxic environment

Toxic environment, bullying and the worst management ever, no training, favouritism, no equipment.No progression at all. If you been in that company more than 20 years a new starter has no chance and if you are picked on no help.

Stressful & inefficient

Inefficient processes, poor management, faceless management - unable to escalate concerns. Inefficient equipment not suitable for a CRO, under staffed constantly, no collaboration or input from staff on shop floor hence why they are losing money, time and staff. Unable to deliver new structure, staff confused about what is expected. No merit rises despite overcoming the most challenging years through covid and extreme changes. It is a very upsetting time for the company and all those who have poured there blood, sweat and tears in to this thankless place.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

See above

Management was bad

The company itself is good, but the internal management was very bad, no chance of advancement based on merit, if they like you you get promoted, no matter how hard you worked if they didn’t like you, there’s no way you could have more responsibilities or aim for more.

It’s a 50/50 workplace

While you work closely with animals and learn first hand what the industry is all about ( it is greatly miss understood). The company itself make it very obvious they care little for their staff. Our paid hospital time were taken off us, our overtime was cut down from 2.0 to 1.5. You are often rushed to get things done and criticised if you’re running late. It’s all about a profit for this company and not about staff. I wish I could say better things about it, but I really can’t.

Pros

First hand experience of a misunderstood industry

Cons

A lot of overtime. Doesn’t match competing company salaries. Little to no staff help

Tiring stressful work,low pay for what's expected of you

While the job itself could be rewarding,the culture inside was one of high stress,lack of consideration of others,also if you are in with the management your all good and you can definitely tell there's favouritism,there is staff that will back stab you to get to the top so be careful who you trust but also some very lovely people to,all in all for the level of effort you put in,the risks involved the pay definitely isn't enough,I enjoyed some of my time here but definitely do not regret leaving

A punishing grind in a soulless corporation

Advancement is non-existent since the requirements will steadily increase or change when managers do their regular reshuffle to justify their own roles. Your coworkers will be an endless parade of university graduates looking for some experience before they move onto better things.With turnover so high you'll find your responsibilities endlessly increasing (not to mention more getting added in your yearly review) but your pay will not reflect this.The only way to advance a grade is department-hopping but even that has a ceiling only broken by being friends with the right people.The work is tedious, trying to get anyone above you to do their job is a chore (will they face repercussions? Of course not! It will be YOUR fault!) and management will say one thing to your face but another when you have your back turned.Most other employees are okay but you have to be very careful whom you speak to- criticizing the company or department or even raising job concerns will, with some, be reported on which can result in official reprimands which could lead to dismissal.

Pros

Cons

Low pay, awful management

Very low pay

You get paid so little for the amout of work that you do. It’s not worth it, they force you to do over time too and youve not no choice but to just follow

Pros

scenic

Cons

low pay

Horrible place of work

I worked here for over a year and it’s by far the worse company to work for, since my first month pay it was never right and i was always chasing them up about my missing money, i’ve been left early a month now and they’ve still not paid me what they owe. Also the management is very very poor and don’t care about there employees, it’s a toxic workplace with backstabbing.

Lengthy and poor hiring process

The 3rd party company that does background checks ask for pay stubs from 20 to 30 yrs prior and high school diplomas from35 to 40 years back. They also sent every email twice making you fill it out twice. The rest of the process needed major help also, emails weren't sent to start processes when they were supposed to be. Too many people with their hands in one jar doing tasks and none of them get completed. No one had any answers to assist.

Lots of pressure, little autonomy

Very stressful environment with little tangible support. Little genuine accommodation for disabled people, pushed to take sick leave and then disciplined for high levels.

Pros

Some very committed colleagues

Cons

Set up to fail with impossible tasks and no support

Poor management

Poor management, severely underpaid, most salaries are barely over minimum wage, how they expect us to live off this is ridiculous. There very little in regards of overtime, bonuses/pay rises or promotions for the hard work you put in. Very stressful job, wouldn't recommend working here at all. Some staff can be friendly, others will stab you in the back. I would not recommend working here. serious lack of training from management, they get apprentices to train other apprentices, many have not received proper training themselves. If you value your mental health then don't work here.

Pros

Fresh food on site

Cons

Poor wages Lack of support from management Lack of training

Badcorp

Toxic environment / knee jerkingly bad management. Huge redundancies, no hiring and zero development (in tandem). Making profits, yet staff aren’t paid bonuses. Failing our Ukrainian colleagues (the list goes on). Labcorp is a disgrace, simply had enough!

Good for experience

Covance/Labcorp Drug Development is helpful for those who have left Uni and need experience, but very few stay as the pay isn't competitive, especially when working in a strictly regulated environment. When recruitment/retention has been discussed with several levels of management we have been told we need to look after our shareholders. The US is treated much better than the UK for benefits and bonuses. This shows the focus of the business. If your not in a operational role, I have heard things are better.Management are friendly with each other and will defend one another if complaints are made. In most roles your expected to stay until the scheduled work is done regardless of working hours or other commitments. Some staff members are genuinely friendly and helpful, others will stab you in the back to get ahead or earn brownie points. The ratio is roughly 20/80 so be careful who you talk to.

Good but repetitive

Whilst working as a trainee animal tech I feel as though I learnt a lot in my time there and loved the animals that came in and out of the facilities. You are completely responsible for your growth and progression.Some days can be really good and fun depending on the study you’re placed in and the people you are with as well as the tasks for that day. However, most days are the same and extremely predictable which can get really monotonous. You can wear whatever you want to work as you get changed into scrubs and PPE.Most of the people there are nice and friendly but there were some people that weren’t as welcoming and I found to be quite fake and it’s extremely cliquey so you either fit in or you don’t. It is a fast paced environment which does require you to think and use your brain and you are on your feet all day so wouldn’t recommend to anyone looking for an easy breezy job.Wouldn’t recommend for anyone looking to commute here from quite a distance as it is extremely draining unless it’s something you really want to do.Had I lived closer I probably would’ve stayed longer as I did enjoy my time there

Not a bad job

It’s such a fast paced environment, either you fit in or you don’t. Working with the animals is very rewarding but it’s not for everyone this type of job.

Pros

Working with animals

Cons

Fair amount of work and decent conditions

Awful. I was treated very poorly and felt mistreated to the extent that I had to resign, due to treatment that I believe amounted to bullying. Working here affected my mental health.

AVOID - only gave 1 star due to the people I have met

The best thing about working here is the people I have met and the friends i have made in that place - a bunch of lovely people. Disgusting management, they have no idea how hard people work - hardly no appreciation, only get noticed when you do something wrong. Low salary, advertised as competitive which is completely false !!Overworked which isn't worth at all for how much you get paid for. It's a shame really....

Pros

Fantastic team

Cons

everything else

Management are awful

The management team are pretty awful, absolutely no interest in helping you if you have any problems. The work environment is so toxic, the job itself is somewhat fine but being thick-skinned should be part of the interview, you won’t last a day if not..

Pros

Opportunity for overtime

Bad Management

The colleagues you work with are all brilliant and try their best. The management are terrible, don't know what they are doing and most only been promoted because they are friends with other managers. The result is the wrong people in the wrong jobs resulting in an awful place to work. Harassment and intimidation from those in senior positions is overlooked because of who they are.

Pros

Lots of overtime

Cons

No work life balance. Terrible management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Labcorp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Labcorp with

• Labcorp
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?