Labcorp

Labcorp Employee Reviews

Found 87 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,707 reviews

Friendly Environment

Mostly friendly and team work based environment.People are generally excited to be at work and enjoy doing it.Office space is nice, coffee, fridge, break room etc

Pros

Benefits are great, management is generally good and co-workers are also generally decent

Cons

Not too many ways to quickly advance, or gain merit increases except to just work there for a few years

Fair amount of work and decent conditions

Awful. I was treated very poorly and felt mistreated to the extent that I had to resign, due to treatment that I believe amounted to bullying. Working here affected my mental health.

AVOID - only gave 1 star due to the people I have met

The best thing about working here is the people I have met and the friends i have made in that place - a bunch of lovely people. Disgusting management, they have no idea how hard people work - hardly no appreciation, only get noticed when you do something wrong. Low salary, advertised as competitive which is completely false !!Overworked which isn't worth at all for how much you get paid for. It's a shame really....

Pros

Fantastic team

Cons

everything else

Management are awful

The management team are pretty awful, absolutely no interest in helping you if you have any problems. The work environment is so toxic, the job itself is somewhat fine but being thick-skinned should be part of the interview, you won’t last a day if not..

Pros

Opportunity for overtime

Bad Management

The colleagues you work with are all brilliant and try their best. The management are terrible, don't know what they are doing and most only been promoted because they are friends with other managers. The result is the wrong people in the wrong jobs resulting in an awful place to work. Harassment and intimidation from those in senior positions is overlooked because of who they are.

Pros

Lots of overtime

Cons

No work life balance. Terrible management.

Management questionable

Worked in archives, coworkers where brilliant love them all. Management questionable, started an apprenticeship that was changed and then the next apprenticeship was business admin, nothing to with archives .

Pros

Colleagues and the canteen

Cons

Lack of proper training and dreadful management.

Great for gaining industrial experience

The training and experience gained is great. The training is also very good and the standard of work performed. All this however comes at the cost of the individual. The salary can be poor and definitely does not match with the responsibilities or the effort that goes into day to day activities. Performance bonuses are reserved only for higher grades so individuals below do not see the efforts of their labour being rewarded and the low pay increments are only achievable if you have no work to do. You tend to get recognised more by colleagues you are friendly with rather than upper management who have no clue on what activities you are doing or issues you have to deal with. Mental health effects are common and are only acted upon when its too late. There is a sense of individuals are disposable and there is a lack of overall appreciation for performance or the well being of individuals.

Pros

Ample Parking

Cons

Stress and Low Pay

Culture of backstabbing

Covance is a great place to work until you realise all the people you believe you get on so well with will stab you in the back at any opportunity to make themselves look good. Also would not touch this place with a barge pole if you struggle with mental health.

Pros

Good workinng hours, plenty of overtime

Cons

Backstabbing

Terrible management

Management are a nightmare, the team leader is a sociopath. Nice to your face but then turns out to be a terror. All they care about is money, and because of this you will rarely get a pay rise or progress. You are always wrong, you will never be able to give any ideas to the team but management will shut them down. 60 percent of the time, the so called 40 years experienced team leader will make a mistake. However, its always your fault. Don't take my word for it, talk to the study scientists that already work there. STAY AWAY, I'D RATHER LIVE ON THE STREETS

Pros

Gym on site

Cons

Low pay, bad management, no progression

Not a nice place to be

Nice office, location off the main road.Was a nice place at the beginning, but the HR team, especially the recruiter “mis sold” the job.They were rude and ignored me when I tried to reach out.Please retrain your recruitment team! Kindness goes a long way!

Pros

Nice office

Cons

Recruitment team (Senior Recruiter -female)

Inconsistant

Good, although not understanding in regards to mental health, good care of animals, pay should be higher for the technicians due to the extensive work.

Pros

Easy to enroll

Cons

Health support, hours, managment.

All about money and making higher management happy

Lower level employees are not valued as much as they should be; lack of bonus payments for lower grades is only proof of that which seems unfair and shows the company doesn't care about employee engagement, motivation and sense of accomplishment when a goal is attained.

Pros

Flex benefits

Cons

company culture

Was the most enjoyable job I have ever had

My role was varied which made if very interesting and enjoyable, helping may members of staff. Unfortunately my department was made redundant so had to leave the job I loved, which also affected my pension etc.

Pros

good work collegues

Cons

large work load

I learnt to manage a huge number of complex studies with tight timelines. The hardest part of the job was client comunication when issues were found or deadlines were not meet. The workplace culture was team work

Terrible

If you're looking to begin a career in science that isn't the same repetitive task every day then don't work here. Company will replace you in a heartbeat if they don't like you and call security to march you off site.

fun work place but very stressful

fun work place but very stressful very chaotic, some bias in management however staff are very nice and everyone is able to help you or give some guidance

Great work experience but incompetent management

This is totally unbiased review about Covance Harrogate. The work experience is exceptional, you learn a lot of skills in a short period of time and you feel that you are making a difference to patients lifes. Some collegues are very helpful and supportive and you will be employable anywhere with Covance on your CV. The aspects covance are not addressing are the toxic/blame culture in some departments and incompetent management. This is a main cause for employees seeking to leave and it’s not addressed seriuously enough.

Chris

Minimum wage, with a bonus scheme, but not enough work to achieve the bonus. When there's little work, you're expected to do the job of other higher paid departments. Management lies to you constantly about when company is due to be busy, and very much a brown nose culture. If you dont kiss the right bum, you wont get anywhere.

Incompetent

Covance are without a shadow of a doubt incompetent. They have issues with management not knowing about training procedure, failed to pay me for my time, ignored the stress this caused or the knock on financial hardship it presented me with.

All was well, until our department was sold to Eurofins

Loved working for Covance, enjoyed the work life balance and the people (including management). It was going so well until our global department was bought by eurofins then it all went down hill, people who already knew about eurofins reputation moved asap and others stayed in hope that things wouldn't change. In fairness they didn't but the lab was closed exactly 1 year later once the tupe law expired.

Stores assistant

I worked for sodexo for a few months. Covance staff look down on you because they think there better then you. My advice is Dont work in the stores there is a bullying face fits culture. Nonsense rules and regs.

Pros

Finish early friday

Cons

Clicky people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Labcorp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8K
1.7K
1.5K

3.1Job security/advancement
  • Labcorp
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?