Laing O'Rourke
Happiness score is 83 out of 100

Laing O'Rourke Employee Reviews

Great work experience.

Great company to work with, excellent commaradey with the team and management, very varied working daysLoved the jobs I worked on met Great people along the way,would recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

Great canteen.

Cons

Worthwhile the long hours.

Good set of lads to work with/for where safety is the most important thing.

I have enjoyed my time in employment with LOR. On all their contracts safety always comes first and all tasks seem to be carried out in a safe manner. There is a good open relationship between tradesmen and their supervisors, allowing for an open dialogue and receptiveness to new ideas.

Nice place to work

Had a great team who i worked with. Supervisor was very laid back Always have your hours on time and paid on time.Although working in all weather conditions outside

Pros

Guarenteed hours

Cons

Long unsociable hours

great job, great supervisors

great company to work for, the only problem was some of the senior managers aren't up to the job. planning was awful. the shop floor culture was great. the supervisors are very knowledgeable.

The Hunger Games

Good company to start your professional career. Interesting projects.I can only speak for the one site I know. Posers and bullies. The kind of people who are only nice and helpful to those who can help them to climb in their professional career.Bullies that are allowed to behave like that because they have worked in the company for many years. A toolbox talk if things get out of hand. It is not a team, it is a tribe. If you do not want to play these games, it will be make clear by some of them that you do not belong there. The rest of the tribe look the other way.I decided that my health was more important than my job and left (with a stomach ulcer).

Pros

Interesting projects

Cons

Company culture

Interesting and Challenging

A great company to work for, their at the fore front of the industry. You have to work hard but get to work on major projects which you know will leave a lasting legacy.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Can be demanding and occasionally long hours

Absolutely shocking place to work for

All of the management is one big click!! If your face doesn't fit your on there radar they abuse the position there in and they have people being made redundant but choose to keep someone who was brought in doing a job what wasn't needed before being paid 3 mans wages instead they keep someone who was put into a made up job roll because they are to bothered about there little click than people who actually work hard and have skills in wide range of the factory dont think your ever safe if your thinking of working here I got offered a course witch put my wife out of work because of the shift change. To help them out but if your not a bloke or women that kisses your bosses feet when you work and you just crack on with your job this place isn't for you STAY WELL CLEAR also 3 months for agencies before they are supposed to laid off or taken on that 3 months will soon turn to 5 or 6 if you get put on afters or nights and you ask if you can be rotated depending on the area you work you'll be left on that shift shocking system they have at EXP10REEMANUFACTURING Speaking to adults like kids!! There is way to many MICRO MANAGERS here Most of the lads that work here are top lads

Pros

Pay, some good lads

Cons

To many

Productive and client requirements are met

At present only one shift is active and we all learn every day with new projects are active with new requirements. Everyone contribute their efforts on.

Fantastic Company to work for

A Family run Business makes you feel part of a team....great people great,enviroment and great pay....was a big part of my life would recommend anyone who wanted a career in Construction to consider Laing O'orourke

Fantastic company to work for

I was Tuped out of the company and wished I had not. Amazing company would love to work for them again one day. Money could be a little more but worth the sacrifice of a top company

Pros

Excellent upper management

Cons

Wages

Jobs at Laing O'Rourke

See more jobs

Good Company with highstandards

A good company that cares about it's employees and has good career enhancement programmes. Have High standards of Health and Safety and try to protect the environment. Forward thinking company.

good health and safety ,paid the going rate ,no problems

good health and safety ,paid the going rate ,no problems .worked for them a few times ,on various sites in Britain,No problems as long as one follows the regs and gives good quality work.

I really enjoyed my time working here. The people were all very nice. Great location and well paid for the area. Technically challenging and global opportunities as well.

As I am Irish you will never beat the irsh

I have work for lang o roke for 2 9 years and you won't get a better company as I walk along most the job on a daily basis I do see a lot going on but a lot of men are sitting down nothing

Pros

Fabulous company

Cons

You will never be short of money

Covid 19

WATCH OUT - Laing O'Rouke don't care about anything but their profits. We were expected on site during COVID 19. Our lives and those of our family's are put AT RISK so that senior management can get rich. DISGUSTING treatment of employees. Long hours, not paid enough, expected to work overtime, intimidating culture on site, no communication between senior management and site workers. money hungry billion pound corporation don't care about its people .

Making us work during corona crisis

I'm working at the Warwickshire site, and nobody is able to follow social distancing. Have complained to my boss that I don't feel safe coming to work, but management don't care!

Not too happy

Working on property that we didnt own made me uncomfortable and the focus on productivity/ getting the job done regardless of anything else was horrid

Soul sucking work

The project runs at a very fast pace. Poorly managed, very difficult, no support, things fall through the cracks, we are clearing land and removing biodiversity. Not worth destroying the planet for this job.

We are still being made to work during Covid-19 world pandemic

We are still being asked to work during the Covid-19 world pandemic - this is dangerous and not essential work. Our families are put in danger, i know people are struggling to find work now but if you can avoid working here.

Stressful and exploitative

I've found that working here is incredibly stressful and exploiting. I've been made to go in to work still, even though i'm obviously not an essential worker. A few people in my site team have family members with coronavirus and they are still being made to go in, because our site manager won't pay them half of their salary if they don't. I don't understand why i still have to go to work, the railway can wait.

Really stressful place to work

Typically at work I am stressed out and unhappy. There is constant pressure to do incredibly long hours. The set up just does not feel safe or responsible. I wish I could leave but I don't have many other options right now. Would not recommend!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laing O'Rourke. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare Laing O'Rourke with

• Laing O'Rourke
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?