Laing O'Rourke

Laing O'Rourke Employee Reviews

Great work experience.

Great company to work with, excellent commaradey with the team and management, very varied working daysLoved the jobs I worked on met Great people along the way,would recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

Great canteen.

Cons

Worthwhile the long hours.

Terrible stressful experience

Laing o rourke haven't given me the chance to self isolate from work. I am seriously worried about puting my family at risk. Is programme really more important than peoples lives?

Why are you allowing workers to continue to work in unsafe conditions during Covid-19? Completely unacceptable, placing people at risk by not suspending non-essential work.

Steel Fixer

This is a serious company and I would like to work with them in the future. I worked with them for two years and I enjoyed the time with them and also the benefits they provide!

You have no life at all .

They invariably start at 7.30am and finish at 6pm . Everything is done through the aurora system so you stay until the death and sometimes there may be 20/30 persons in the queue before ya . Then the travel home and you may be home for 7pm if you're lucky . If you want no regrets on your death bed give these a wide berth . They watch you like hawks while your working . DISGUSTING .

Good company

Good job , good company. Worked at Laing o rourke for a good few years it was a good company to work for and the lads were treated very fairly! I would recommend working for this company.

Good company but poor management

Good company but management don’t care about you at all! They will offer you steady work and decent pay but things like your already approved holidays being “forgotten” about or paperwork lost happens a lot.

Pros

Steady work

Cons

They don’t care about you

High turnover of personnel

Blame culture present......expected undergraduates to undertake tasks normally undertaken by more experienced personnel. High turnover of staff so recruitment was always required.

Pros

Few

Cons

Long Hours

A very busy but rewarding project

The project like so many rail projects runs at a very fast pace with the need to hit strict deadlines being a must. Due to a great deal of last minute changes this make hitting the deadlines very difficult, but the work loads is well managed by the project CAD manager.

Pros

Friendly and approachable CAD manager

Cons

Location of the Site Office

Salary should be better

Working directly with LOR should be better paid...Someone somewhere is enjoying the sweat of those security guards who have to stay all day out for nearly the minimum wage Their log in system is nightmare and useless, YES THERE S DISCRIMINATION AND NOT FAIR TREATMENT, MOST SECURITY COMPANY CONTRACTORS COULD NOT FINISH THEIR CONTRACT WITH L O R,

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Laing O'Rourke?

Haven't got much to say. Overall it was good

Haven't got much to say but overall it was good. Loads of overtime which was really good for me at the time. But the work politics there was too much. Didn't like it at all. This was some time back. Maybe they have improved

Working within a busy department (Bids / Work Winning) on bids was interesting and enjoyable, fast-paced within a good team who worked hard to win the project

Pros

Good canteen

Cons

Long journey

Good company to work for

They made me redundant I was a bit upset about that but got to move on now got a lot of tickets and help and experience there so I would go back if the opportunity cane around

Tough but amazing working enviroment, very fun.

I absolutely loved working at Laing O Rourke, everyday was something new and i was challenged mentally and physically and i thrived upon it and still use the skills i learnt at this company.

Never to comeback

Very low rates. Very long hours. Management treat you as a slave. Always under pressure. Was promised normal working hours and ended up in night shift for day shift money.

Good firm to work for. Some idiots on the site will spread rumours about you. People hear about rumours and then they will drop you in it with the management.

Pros

Good firm to work for

Cons

Watch out for those idiots spreading rumours.

They are a good company to work for. They always have the tasks and the materials for you to complete jobs and you are always kept busy either by scoping out new jobs on site using the drawings they provide and by completing the works they set for you on a daily basis.

Good

Good company to work for Quite long hours but good pay Over the years been on some good projects The safety record is second to none And have introduced well being Mental health ETC.

Don’t work at LOR

There is no health and safety unless the boss is walking Lots of accidents that is covered up If they could have covered the lad that got killed they would have

Asset Management and quality

Distributed assets for the crossrail station at tottenham court road Good work life balance Good at setting objectives. However, wanted to pursue a more technical role.

Everything is 10 times harder than it is at any other company

I was really excited about Working at Laing O’Rourke when I was first offered the Job, that lasted about a week, everything is so difficult and the support to gain experience on their systems is non existent. Working away from home is hard without having to find out how to do everything yourself, the expenses system is a nightmare, nobody is willing to help, they just want you to know immediately. The senior management are really knowledgable but not really willing to share the knowledge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laing O'Rourke. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare Laing O'Rourke with

• Laing O'Rourke
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?