Lambeth College logo
Lambeth College

Lambeth College Employee Reviews

Wonderful

One of my best jobs ever. I only left because I'd been working there for over 5 years and didn't want to become an actual Librarian at the time. I wanted to see what else I could be good at. I was young.

Pros

Wonderful colleagues.

Cons

None.

Lovely team

I worked there as a visiting lecturer in the Performing Arts Department. Good work place, lovely head of department.Sad when the person I was covering returned.

A good place

I'm only a student, I don't have a salary, but I can say that they have a good environment there because of how they are welcoming to such diversity and how well the staff handle each other.

Pros

Friendly

Great Place

Lambeth College is a productive and fun workplace, working in education means that you work in a fast paced environment. The management are strong and make sure that you feel comfortable.

Very relaxing place to work or do a volunteering job with friendly people and Management team to help me in the job.They let me choose what days to come in to work.

Pros

Friendly Staff

Cons

No Free Lunch

Productive and enjoyable; some of my previews students are qualified nurses now. Whilst other have completed Universities studies.

Working in Lameth college was the perfect job, environment, people and management. I enjoy working there; work was temporarily with an agency. It was good. In my opinion Lambeth Clollege Southside is on the par with Oxford Cambridge.

Pros

No free lunch but breakfast for the students.

Cons

My hours was full time Gillain & Eugenia were great.

Loved being tghere

I studied for two years in several different departments between two colleges. There was a heave load to learn and I was completely absorbed. The courses are varied and informative and not wasting anyone's time. Teaching is to a very high standard.

Pros

Gaining knowledge daily

Cons

Being without money

My role as the office manager was to oversee a team of eight staff to ensure they providing high quality administration, secretarial support and admissions for the centre.

Fun and educational

I felt that the college helped me to learn about hospitality and catering in a fun but very educational way. I have taken myself to the Bermondsey community kitchen to undertake my level 2 qualification in professional cookery.

Pros

Fun learning atmosphere

Productive worker

I did not get paid at Lambeth as it was a school trip for work experience. I learnt how to pitch products to customers to increase the sale rate for the product. For example my assignment was to learn how to pitch a bike and i got the 2nd most amount of pitch out of everyone in my year.

Pros

Work experience

Jobs at Lambeth College

See more jobs

culture problem

due to the location and demographic the students overall have extremely low aspirations and self worth which makes teaching them a difficult if not impossible process

Pros

good hours

Cons

level of students

Great colleagues and work attitude

Brilliant place to work with lots of friendly and supportive staff at all levels of the organisation. Easy to get to with numerous public transport links.

Good workplace

It is a flexible workplace that can be easily balanced with family. The staff or colleagues are nice. However, there has been a restructuring every year, hence staff are taking more work and no increase in pay.

Focus on consistency

During my time at Lambeth College, I found that it was quite difficult to find answers to very common queries. Although this was down to the fact that there was a huge staff turnover at the time of me joining which would have been the main reason for this.

Learner focused

All the courses are accredited, year-long courses. Learners work towards passing Cambridge exams and progress to mainstream courses to further their studies.

Professional and highly inclusive

Lambeth College is a great place to work, during my time with the organisation I was able to meet new and exciting people, who were always willing to help. Their professionalism has also taught me the importance of been an effective communicator, I was able to develop and utilise my communications skills by liaising and passing on relevant information to various individuals within the organisation from top managers to staff at the operation level. I was also hugly involved with speaking with students and members of the public, this experience has truly widened my customer service skills and has helped me to give nothing but the best service at all times, ensuring that all students clients and customers are getting the best service possible.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Temporary

Very enjoyable experience, the staff are very friendly. The college was organised and clean. I still feel a very strong connection with the college and loved every moment being there

Pros

lunch fees

Cons

long commute

Culture of Bullying in Senior Management

Lots of very hard working staff let down by Senior Management rated 1 by OFSTED. There is a culture of bullying in Senior Management and HR support them in crushing dissent. About to merge with LSBU so there should be massive improvements over the next few years.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Senior Management, Hr

Productive and fun

It is an outstanding college it has amazing teacher and I am happy to be there my peers help me to fit in and I feel very safe there. It is a college where you just get on with your wirk and try to achieve your best

Pros

Good lunches

great place to work

very good place to work, friendly environment. you will have to make sure that the students are in the correct places and have the correct exam. extra time will be needed from you

Enjoyable and productive

As a pert-time Student Liaison Officer, it was my duty to cover three sites of the college, to assist Students with educational, social and welfare issues. It was a pleasure to be able to interact with the students, as I had not long left full-time education myself. It was generally a relaxed environment, but it was always satisfying in helping a student overcome a problem in the classroom...or in the common room.

Pros

Relaxed environment

Cons

Sometimes lacking in organisation and planning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lambeth College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement