Lambeth College

Lambeth College Employee Reviews for Lecturer

3.5Pay & benefits

positive working environment

Managers and team members are very professional and supportive. cooperative and helpful.students are given access to various learning opportunities to improve and progress to further studies and/or work.

Pros

Motivated learners and supportive team

Lovely team

I worked there as a visiting lecturer in the Performing Arts Department. Good work place, lovely head of department.Sad when the person I was covering returned.

Productive and enjoyable; some of my previews students are qualified nurses now. Whilst other have completed Universities studies.

Working in Lameth college was the perfect job, environment, people and management. I enjoy working there; work was temporarily with an agency. It was good. In my opinion Lambeth Clollege Southside is on the par with Oxford Cambridge.

Pros

No free lunch but breakfast for the students.

Cons

My hours was full time Gillain & Eugenia were great.

culture problem

due to the location and demographic the students overall have extremely low aspirations and self worth which makes teaching them a difficult if not impossible process

Pros

good hours

Cons

level of students

Focus on consistency

During my time at Lambeth College, I found that it was quite difficult to find answers to very common queries. Although this was down to the fact that there was a huge staff turnover at the time of me joining which would have been the main reason for this.

Productive and enjoyable workplace

check email at regularly. prepare lesson and print it for class. To deal with the public you need to develop patient and sensitive in a teaching role. Management communicate by email and you have communicate with co-workers to monitor students achievement and progress. Marking student work and giving feed back is very demanding. When the students do well and pass and are to progress on to higher course or work and university.

Knowledgeable ground staff

Delivery of a range of functional skills English classes to both young people and adults. Attained several teaching qualifications and had several opportunities for CPD. Co-workers are mostly knowledgeable, hard working and recognise the diverse needs of the learners. Most difficult part working to support a range of learners with limited support mechanisms, but enjoyable are the personal rewards in enabling learners to go onto to successfully achieve.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lambeth College?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lambeth College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement

Lambeth College Reviews by Location

• Lambeth College
  • Lecturer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?