Lambeth Council

Lambeth Council Employee Reviews

Working in the customer centre has equipped me with knowledge and understanding of services and communicates with diverse communities within the Borough.
Although I left Lambeth Council almost a decade ago, I only have positive memories of my time there. I would readily recommend anyone to choose Lambeth as their next place of work
Pros
Close to public transport and the local community
Cons
Not applicable
Great work place culture, and friendly culture. Work load is a lot but so far managable keeps one busy. So far so good is still early days yet. I have enjoyed it so far!
Pros
Great Team to work with & Flexi Hours
Cons
Workload expectations
I was only there for three months but while working there most of the staff were kind to me and made me feel welcome while working from home. I was a temporary worker. It does need to be more organised.
Pros
Cons
Normal 35hr week
At first it was great. I really enjoyed coming into work. Then, things began to change. There was lots of tension in the office. I just felt really uncomfortable at times at work. There where some people in the office who could be very mean and they semed to enjoy being mean. Nothing was ever done about this although it was evident that there were bullies in the workplace. There were some people in the office with bad behaviour and treated people horribly. This was not a nice thing to do and many things caused lots of resentment in the office. Some people in the workplace got favoured and there was no attempt to hide it. While my team was micromanaged to the second, other teams occasionally took lunches which were longer than one hour. Some people within the various teams were quite mean and were bullied. They got away with everything and some team members took an extra 30 minutes away from their desks. If members of my teams ever did this, we would be spoken to about it. Some members of staff were really snobbish and had severe attitude problems. Members of some teams got away with so many things and there was a significant difference in the way that some teams were managed. Some spent pretty much all day staring at their phones, while we would be verbally admonished for even glancing at our mobile. I recall once I responded to my mobile phone because I was dealing with a serious issue and I got told off. Meanwhile people from other teams acutally use phones at their desks and had long, really loud conversations! and they do not get told off at all. We get monitored - more...
Pros
Most of people I work with are nice
Cons
Blatant favourtism, people in high positions making sligtly racist comments, some people on other teams acted like they were better than anyone and were really rude, Senior management blatantly unfair and did not care about their staff, they spent their days criticising others
It was my first experience working with contracts management and operational procurement teams, within a local council. Was a good learning curve and learned so much about government, public services, process and governance, ethics and values of serving staff, equality and diversity, HR, recruitment, consultation, training management and suppliers management and more. With a bit of challenge with my line manager who was a nice hearted but a bit old school woman - managed to get lots of fab trainings and learning day experiences which paved my way for the next steps in my career moving on to my next role. Made a 7 grade jump to the next tole - which was a far better and more interesting role and pay and much more fun but in a different local authority. Despite quite a bit of efforts and many applications completed did not manage to secure a more senior grade role in Lambeth - which was a shame as it was / is my local council and close to home.
Pros
Good in house training, generally good colleagues, progressive cooperative council, good governance and public services values and practices
Cons
Low pay (which left me with much debt until now) and not much opportunity for career progression, for me at the time
Working as a team and coordinating with other departments is part of the working week . The team leaders are professional and supportive. The highways team in particular are well managed by the team leader.
Pros
Busy but rewarding work.
Cons
I worked with Lambeth for 2 weeks and I was fascinated with the things that occur behind the company. I worked with excel quite a lot which boosted my understanding.
Long Hours The structure and systems in place needs more work There is disengagement of departments The working culture is to laid back to execute anything
Great place to work and people. Would recommend to anyone I left because I started my own business. They also give you opportunities to move up in the council, and offer training.
Recent change in senior leadership which will hopefully bring more strategic thinking to the table. Good new officers and flexi working is a strong positive.
A very good employer and a good place to work with nice flexible working culture. Good leadership. Diverse workforce. Centrally located. Highly recommended.
It was a beneficial apprenticeship and it’s good to gain new experiences in a new industry, I was going around different sites doing new jobs, It was good experience and it was a hands on job had me working to the best of my ability.
Lambeth council is a relax place to work but it is a shame that manager who are on 60k + dont really have to do much. They tend to push all their work onto people beneath them while they take days off and take numerous holidays. The council is very slow when relying to customers and very unprofessional in its approach to clients. The company is very unorganised and SLOW! The pay was also ridiculous compared to the work you had to do.
Pros
Work form home on certain days
Cons
Long hours, no support from managers or colleagues.
Great work colleagues Good pay Opportunities for progression if you are self motivated Not the best at providing training for staff Hard to get things done as some sections of the council do not engage
I worked at Lambeth for over a year. I felt I was not appreciated by the management that were full of agendas and could not offer a decent contract. I miss my colleagues though, they were generous and kind.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Negative work environment
Best job I ever had, fabulous working conditions, great team in my section. Interesting daily tasks, only left because I moved to rugby and didn’t earn enough to commute
Pros
Good job prospects
Love working with children they make me love my job every day sone just need love and attention we have a massive diversity of culturas we also have a lot of SEN children we teach every day everyone is different but we are all unique and special each one of us gás something
Cons
Part time job
On a day to day basis if all schedules were organised, my day would go to plan even with unexpected situations. I have learnt a whole range of experiences in a short space of time, with great support from my team manager and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was ending my relationship with the children and families involved. The best part of the job was starting my position at Lambeth.
Pros
Great team work, supportive management
Cons
The workplace culture leaves a lot to be desired. The staff morale is low and there is always a restructure going on which constantly leaves staff uncertain about their future. One of the worst places I have ever worked in.
Always had work from the agency and I was normally sent in good schools. Very good listening people and quite empathetic I recommended friends to them
  1. Employee reviews