Lancashire County Council

Lancashire County Council Employee Reviews

Love the job and everyone I have spoken to is really nice! Very relaxed atmosphere! Work is very enjoyable and love getting logged on and starting my day. Tasks are varied and the job is far from boring!
Pros
Flexible start and finishes
Great job if you only want part-time hours.You get the same route and driver all the time.Good pay for what you do, management ok can take a bit long to sort a problem out but otherwise willing to sort problems out.
Pros
Not hard work
Cons
Split shifts
It is a very good company to work for . It has the best team ever the manager is very understanding and it is like a big family everyone is every supportive
Pros
Good team
Cons
I worked in various school kitchens for a while. I think I liked being casual where I'd go to different schools helping out. It was always fast paced and time went quickly.
Pros
Cons
Sometimes didnt get many hours being a casual
I worked here for a little over 2 months and had to leave due to what i believe to be constructive dismissal as the manager was rude, unpleasant and had no interpersonal skills at all. I mostly enjoyed the job but it was just sad I had to leave because of unprofessional management.
Worked for social services as admin assistant with large hospital based team and for three years. Overall loved the work and those I worked with, had a fantastic team manager but sadly she was not my immediate line manager because I technically belonged to the admin pool so was therefore under the jurisdiction of a general office manager located over 20 miles away and I only ever saw every few months for a planned, utterly pointless supervision or planned trip to see her about something totally inane. Was with the same team for four years at the same hospital and knew the job inside out then higher ups decided the skills and knowledge I had were well placed working with a different office doing a totally different job and couldn't see the detriment it would cause to the team I'd be leaving behind. When I and the team manager took exception to being pulled out, they responded by reiterating the fact I was part of the admin pool and they could draft in another person to fill my post. The team manager gave her written notice and I did too. Salary and benefits including holidays, flexible working and similar always above and beyond most companies when it's for local authority but sadly it also means the senior managers and higher ups ruin what is otherwise a great work ethos with petty and ridiculous demands over the most trivial things. Think the majority of staff that worked in the admin pool were happy to just do the odd bit of typing, pick up and sort post or photocopy and most worked the bare minimum hours, took flex-leave even when the place was manic and flat out - more...
Pros
Good salary, paid holiday leave, flexi-working time, secure long term employment
Cons
Policies allow others to swing lead, poor management, generic managers with no clue about individual team or service
I absolutelyoved working for LCC. Everyone was lovely. Management was supportive and the training was second to none. I only left due to the going back to studying.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Disgusting company treated like rubbish worked like a dog for a year , helped cover shifts as management couldn’t not manage . Short staffed constantly . I enjoyed my team mates company and the people I supported gained a good rapor . The management wanted me out and so I left ... I would never work for Burnley and Pendle domicilary again . Left drained and felt picked on and pushed out !!! New manager is awful
Pros
Enjoyed the people I supported and felt I made a difference .
Cons
Management awful !! No support for staff
Stressful, highly competitive, unfriendly, military style, reclusive, upsetting, pressured, abuse from visitors, no team work, colleagues untrustworthy, lying, prying, jealousy from staff, staff so stressed they cry in toilets, So military run, it's like a click, if they accept you you may eat at their feet, if they do not, well, you become lunch. Demanding, contradictory, unfair advantages advantages,
Pros
Hours
Cons
Stress
Incredibly supportive and competitive company to work for. They look after your welfare and look after their staff. Paid holidays, sickness pay and competitive pension. On the job training Job satisfaction
Pros
Holiday and Sickness pay. Job security
Cons
Always interesting, always possibilities of progression, fair treatment. Understanding and compassionate. They try and support their staff to the best of their ability. I love it there.
Pros
Career progression, good salary, flexibility.
Cons
Can get very warm in that building
I enjoyed the time I worked for LCC. I had several roles over a period of 15 years and I made progress grade-wise. My job satisfaction was always good until the transformation three years ago when I was moved back to a previous role and was down-graded as a result. My job satisfaction reduced as a result of the changes in work practice and my salary decreased.
Everyday is different with the adults we support depending on there needs can have fun days doing activities, we also do a lot of training for are job.
whole company needs updating, still writing pages of service users day to day personal care and activities using up time on paperwork when they could be spending it with individuals.No team spirit.Managers are rusty and lacking in people skills and not interested in employees using their own initiatives.They use staff supervisions not as a learning curve but as a threat to your continuous employment.Needs an injection of youth as majority of staff are pensionable age. or near it, No fun and a great place to work if your happy to give up your personality.
I only worked when I was asked to as a Casual Care Assistant. It was a great experience because I learnt to work with the elderly who had mixed dementia. Learning how help them was the key factor is this post. Feeding them and taking them to the Bathroom. Most enjoyable was entertaining them in the afternoon, playing bingo and other games. Highly recommend them.
Worked about 2 hours a day then sat about rest of the day chatting bosses let you come and go as you pleased they also let you book as much of overtime as you like even though you would Not be doing any
As part of Project Search, through Preston's College, I worked at County Hall on a Supported Internship From September 2019 - June 2020. My duties Included Checking information on computers, scanning in missed information, invoicing, working in the mailroom, delivering post to various departments. I enjoyed all of my varied duties and all of the staff were lovely to work with. Overall, a very positive experience and would really have liked the opportunity of permanent employment at LCC.
My job is very rewarding , but can be very hard work and can be stressful at times. I work in a primary school in key stage 2. I support a child in tear 6 for 14 hours a week then for 3 afternoons I teach RE, PSHE and French.
Good culture workplace , fairly sourced environment Easy pleasant surroundings, fairly hard work , expected standards to always be accomplished, but they are obtainable
make their own rules, do not adhere to disability act, unpleasant management, would not work here again. staff morale low, no incentives, very poor work life balance, no due care for staff safety
I did not enjoy my time at the council very frowned upon being so young, they do not look after their staff and do not accommodate to individuals, would not recommend