Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Hospital is nice but once you are in a job role its difficult to move up from it. Eg. to get into a recruitment role, you need to be working in recruitment or they won't look at you.Some of the managers are nice but other just don't even say hello to you.Only way to get job progression is to move to another trust.I'd avoid the trust and go somewhere that cares.
Pros
Food
Cons
Parking costs, job satisfaction, no job progression
The whole site of LTHTr is Toxic, staff across both sites are Toxic. An abysmal work environment and an unsafe place to work. I would rather travel Miles than work there again.
Worked for the trust since 1994 . Gained lots of experience in different areas of the hospital. Training/ progression opportunities available to all.
Pros
Generally friendly atmosphere
Cons
enjoying working here, coworkers are pleasant, opportunities to try new roles, feel valued, very clean and well organised, good place to work, would recommend
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
could be better paid
I enjoyed being a care worker here. They made be clean stuff and I really enjoyed this, the staff are friendly and brilliant but that is what is expected.
Pros
Avoid!!!!!terrible place to work. A lot of staff who are lower bands get treated with little or no respect and are made to feel like they are a piece of dirt on the ground. Management/supervisors bully there staff and always get away with it. Management/supervisors also make rules up as they go and also have as many tea breaks etc as they want but domestics aren’t even allowed a 5 min breather on a hot wardwithoutbeing told off. AVOID this place at all costs
Pros
Met a few lovely people
Cons
Bullying, harassment, terrible management skills
I attended pain management day case theatre 13.02.20 and wish to pay compliment to the consultant, nurses and all staff. They were excellent, calm and reassuring. I could not have got through it without the full support of the nurse looking after me and felt extremely looked after at all times. I feel all of the staff are absolutely dedicated and are working extremely hard. I would like to say thank you so much for support on the day. I certainly would recommend pain management clinic and also day case theatre at Preston Hospital to everyone.
I was there for 7 months.Enjoyed my work there.A very supportive management. The work place culture is empowering and helpful. Excellent place to work
Need to have more awareness of disability and compassion for staff experiencing difficulties in life. Lack of support and understanding of issues affecting work. Could not recommend.
Work varied and always busy. Work in a waste department is driven by changes in environmental, health and safety and infection control policy There is good opportunity to interact with many different people in your working day. Waste touches everyone. The NHS is one of Britains biggest employers.
I enjoy my job and my boss is firm but fair. She encourages us to persue excellence in our work and keeps standards high. Parking is terrible but as long you don't mind a bit of a walk it can be okay.
Working within a very busy department. Every shift can be different and working alongside others working as a team member is rewarding in itself. Taking calls from outside agencies and general public too.
Management at LHS pharmacy is shocking. No engagement with the teams in branch. Certain staff members can get away with very little work and nothing is said to them. If you are a favourite of the management you can do as you please, otherwise you will get dragged to the office and chastised over little things. Glad to have left the company. I would summarise this company as being suitable for people approaching retirement age as there is no progression whatsoever. If you are still early in your career, avoid at all costs. You have been warned!!
I must say I have never hated a job so much in my life. When I first started there was this expectation from management that you had to know things instantly. If you did not get up to speed straight away then the bullying started. Well the reality is that learning takes time when it comes to starting a new job. Both hospital sites are stuck in the 80’s and have way outgrown their original purpose. Directors keep putting these “action plans” and “campaigns” in place to try and address problems on site. Round and round they go for years and nothing changes and everyone just puts their head in the sand. There is no space, the roofs are leaking and buckets have to be put in corridors. No parking for staff so they have to park on the estate or park off site. The lifts are broken, all storage cupboards are bursting to the seams, equipment just left in corridors so you cannot even get past. You notice that they seem to stick “bits here and there” from time to time. As an example most recently they have found a patch of ground to extend ICU. Very counterproductive because it will only mean even more demand on site and lack of resources – lack of parking for the extra staff and visitors etc. Even with experience and you eventually find your feet, the bullying continues – “You need to work quicker”. Not once have I heard management admit that there is lack of resources, too few staff and demand is so high. Everything seems to be broken or way out of date. They even still use windows XP! Not enough computers for the demand of the job. There seems to be this atmosphere - more...
Beautiful example of how money is being lost in NHS. Useless management without any clear idea of how to lead a company. Hospital is a company whether you like it or not. Always blaming Carter’s report yet doing nothing to stand up in the crowd of a very serious competition. Depending on subsidiaries lead to closing a unit with scraping equipment worth half a million £. Wrong people hired for redundant posts. Micromanaging. Very sad. People leaving into unemployment just to avoid going to work which this place made them hate. Bullying atmosphere which no one is even trying to address.
Awful culture, disrespectful and very hierarchical. No appreciation or value for staff. Higher management live in a ivory tower called Gordan. They haven't a clue what's going on around them, too busy working in their bubble. Chaotic and therefore stressful. Pay is atrocious and career moves very limited.
Work life balance is awful, you are expected to stay late every shift. If you go off sick you lose all of your out of hours enhancements that you would have earned it working. This makes your pay a very basic below average pay. There are no benefits to working g here at all. There is a bullying culture throughout the hospital and while some managers are great, others do not help at all when you need help. Some get time off for funerals while others are told to take annual leave for a funeral, even if they are close relatives.
This has to be the worst place to work. It's a bulling environment. You here management talking about there staff in a horrible manner .No breaks just 30 min lunch. The management are rude and lazy & have bulling tactics . It's rundown and dirty.There is no flexible working. They make you feel bad if you have to take a day off to care for your sick child. This is NOT a good place to work!! If your looking for a position with the NHS, do NOT go here, the only thing you will get out off working here is depression. It's a awful toxic environment to work in. With awful management.
Pros
Cons
Not flexiable at all.
Good place to work with around 7000 highly motivated staff spread over 2 sites-Royal Preston Hospital and Chorley and South Ribble General Hospital. Patient care is at the heart of everything you do.
Pros
Salary, pension scheme
Cons
Short staffed in all areas
Increasing tick boxes , electronic assessments, audits and unreasonable targets to be met rather than focusing on direct patient care. All whilst working with increasingly limited resources, poor staffing and very little regard towards staff working their socks off under these circumstances. I was privileged to work with a great, hardworking, patient focussed team for ten years. But more and more was expected of the role and not in the interest of the patients. Often would work unpaid over hours leaving little gap between shifts. Could work a stretch of 5 shifts without getting our legally owed break. Many staff burning out and at breaking point, then given very little support. Maybey occupational health should do an audit of all areas instead of promoting their services to staff who are able to get to the canteen on a daily basis which is a rarity for most staff at front line.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, no break.
A typical day at work is very busy and fast paced and can be challenging but the support that I have within my team and management is exceptional. I have work for the trust 17 years and wouldn't consider moving anywhere else. I believe in sharing the wealth, knowledge and support that has been given to me, ensuring that my team feel the same. Royal Preston Hospital is the place to work!!!!
Pros
Working in such an amazing team