Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Working at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: 40 Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Reviews

United Kingdom40 reviews

Not worth the stress

Management at departmental level are not great at supporting personal issues which can affect working life such as mental health, childcare, emergencies at home etc. Some very nice colleagues work here, without them it would make the working day very difficult. Wouldn't recommend working here as the stress of being understaffed and underpaid is simply not worth it.

Pros

NHS discount

Cons

Unsupportive staff

Management Appalling / Work Life Awful

Management couldn’t organise anything. Awful at their jobs. Team leaders and supervisors have no formal training and get “easy” jobs due to being the managers “favourites”. Spoken down to, Treated like rubbish. Turnover rate is extremely high. AVOID

Excellent place to work

Enjoyed my time working there. Staff were so helpful and friendly helping me to settle in the North West as I had moved from London. I felt appreciated and valued even as a bank staff.

Pharmacy: Senior management do not uphold themselves to their own trust values.

The team is what makes this place a good place to work however when it comes to job flexibility, job progression or development the senior management do not care at all.Funding your department is non existent even if facilities are falling apart or on skeleton staff to make senior management's KPIs look good.The only way to improve the department is to have new management with fresh, realistic goals and have both staff and patients best interests at heart.

Pros

Colleagues, good team

Cons

Poor funding, Poor Senior management. Poor career progression. Poor training

Lovely teams and a great place to work.

All employees are incredibly welcoming and helpful when training for my first NHS role. Recommend for anyone looking for a career in the NHS. Lots of training and development opportunities.

Management poor, I was the victim of harassment on a number of occasions in different roles

Management poor, interpersonal skills are an area for improvementNot an inclusive employer and have very little empathy even though they are meant to care

Pros

Very little

Cons

The management

Overall, a good place to work. One or two snooty colleagues but you get that anywhere. No 2 days are ever the same.

Overall a good place to work. You're always learning new things and there is always somebody to answer your questions. No two days are ever the same. The management does take notice of grafters and slackers.

Pros

Good pension scheme, good benefits available.

Cons

Long hours, parking.

Supportive Culture, job doesn't feel like work

I joined an admin office team 6 months into the COVID pandemic and had no idea what I would find.Work and demands on the services have been hard at times and morale has fluctuated, however in my experience you are supported by understanding managers and there's a very strong team ethic and positive culture. I have worked in toxic cultures before and this isn't one in my experience, although I know some people in different areas find it challenging. In my role I work across the whole trust so have a big view of what's going on. 99/100 Staff I encounter are friendly and great, but there's always a snooty consultant but you can expect that in any hospital.It is busy at times and covid has been tough but it's worthwhile work(it doesn't feel like work, not because it isn't challenging but it's enjoyable) and mentally very rewarding. Staff benefits are good with flexi time and pension etc, salary increase would be great but you can see from the news ins and outs of NHS pay. I'm very glad I work here and recommend anyone to try and join the NHS.

Pros

Flexitime, structured probation and banding, team ethic and culture

Cons

Collaborating with other departments can be slow.

Toxic

The whole site of LTHTr is Toxic, staff across both sites are Toxic. An abysmal work environment and an unsafe place to work. I would rather travel Miles than work there again.

Worked for the trust since 1994 . Gained lots of experience in different areas of the hospital. Training/ progression opportunities available to all.

Pros

Generally friendly atmosphere

friendly coworkers

enjoying working here, coworkers are pleasant, opportunities to try new roles, feel valued, very clean and well organised, good place to work, would recommend

Pros

good atmosphere

Cons

could be better paid

Brilliant place to work

I enjoyed being a care worker here. They made be clean stuff and I really enjoyed this, the staff are friendly and brilliant but that is what is expected.

Ok place

Hospital is nice but once you are in a job role its difficult to move up from it. Eg. to get into a recruitment role, you need to be working in recruitment or they won't look at you.Some of the managers are nice but other just don't even say hello to you.Only way to get job progression is to move to another trust.I'd avoid the trust and go somewhere that cares.

Pros

Food

Cons

Parking costs, job satisfaction, no job progression

Terrible place to work

Avoid!!!!!terrible place to work. A lot of staff who are lower bands get treated with little or no respect and are made to feel like they are a piece of dirt on the ground. Management/supervisors bully there staff and always get away with it. Management/supervisors also make rules up as they go and also have as many tea breaks etc as they want but domestics aren’t even allowed a 5 min breather on a hot wardwithoutbeing told off. AVOID this place at all costs

Pros

Met a few lovely people

Cons

Bullying, harassment, terrible management skills

Excellent, treatment, care and compassion.

I attended pain management day case theatre 13.02.20 and wish to pay compliment to the consultant, nurses and all staff. They were excellent, calm and reassuring. I could not have got through it without the full support of the nurse looking after me and felt extremely looked after at all times. I feel all of the staff are absolutely dedicated and are working extremely hard. I would like to say thank you so much for support on the day. I certainly would recommend pain management clinic and also day case theatre at Preston Hospital to everyone.

Supportive management

I was there for 7 months.Enjoyed my work there.A very supportive management. The work place culture is empowering and helpful. Excellent place to work

Unsupportive

Need to have more awareness of disability and compassion for staff experiencing difficulties in life. Lack of support and understanding of issues affecting work. Could not recommend.

Productive and fun workplace

Work varied and always busy. Work in a waste department is driven by changes in environmental, health and safety and infection control policy There is good opportunity to interact with many different people in your working day. Waste touches everyone. The NHS is one of Britains biggest employers.

Sonographer

I enjoy my job and my boss is firm but fair. She encourages us to persue excellence in our work and keeps standards high. Parking is terrible but as long you don't mind a bit of a walk it can be okay.

Very busy and challenging department

Working within a very busy department. Every shift can be different and working alongside others working as a team member is rewarding in itself. Taking calls from outside agencies and general public too.

Horrible place to work

Management at LHS pharmacy is shocking. No engagement with the teams in branch. Certain staff members can get away with very little work and nothing is said to them. If you are a favourite of the management you can do as you please, otherwise you will get dragged to the office and chastised over little things. Glad to have left the company. I would summarise this company as being suitable for people approaching retirement age as there is no progression whatsoever. If you are still early in your career, avoid at all costs. You have been warned!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust with

Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?