Landmarc Support Services
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

Landmarc Support Services Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom40 reviews

Nice people to work with

There's lots of nice folk that work for landmarc and they all look after each other Absolutely no progression it's all very much 'dead man's shoes' the management couldn't really manage aside from a selection few but all in all not a bad place to work

Pros

Great work home life balance

Cons

None really pays not great

Family friendly employer with lots of opportunities

Working here for the last 3 years has been a breathe of fresh air. I have been given the opportunity to work collaboratively with different departments and also have been given so much flexibility and trust to get on with my job. With the majority of my time at landmarc during COVID pandemic things could have gone much worst, they handled everything professionally and with employees wellbeing in mind. I even managed to promote during this period. Top employer and great benefits

Insights into Landmarc Support Services

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Avoid this company.

Unfortunately I can’t recommend Landmarc as company, senior management are inexperienced ex military with no outside world leadership skills, they get massively rewarded for their failures, the bullying and micromanaging from certain managers is unlike anything I've ever witnessed in a workplace, they seem to target individual employees to the point where they will resign and this shows in the actual staff turn over rate.The positive things about working for Landmarc is working outside on the ranges in the summer and the job is more or less Monday to Friday with the option for overtime on the weekends and night firing.

Pros

Working outside and overtime.

Cons

Military style bullying

29 June 2022
Those who have served are some of the best leaders in the world and we are proud to have employees from the military community on our team. We are sorry that your overall experience at Landmarc isn't as positive as it should be and would encourage you to get in touch with the HR team so that we can discuss your concerns.

Professional yet relaxed workplace

Landmarc are flexible and fair. The environment is relaxed, however professional. Particularly busy periods do arise, as with many organisations, however breaks are encouraged in order to maintain wellbeing and eliminate stress. Management trust their staff to get the job done, there is no micro-management. I feel that employees are valued and respected. Progression and professional development are not overlooked.

Pros

Flexible, value good employees, professional attitude

Cons

Busy spells can be challenging although rewarding

Landmarc is such fun!

I have to say from my own experience working here I have had so much enjoyment. I work out on a shooting range and work closely with the army. It’s so good to be in the middle of a beautiful wood using my carpentry skills. I have plenty of time to carry out my tasks and my team are always available to help me. I work with a great bunch of people and the pay is okay for me as I live local to the range. My team leader and supervisor are flexible, helpful and never stress me out. For me Landmarc is a great company to work for. My job title is Training Area Operative (TAO).

Top Company to work for

Brilliant company to work for. Everyday is a learning day, no two days are the same. Management are more than fair. Ex disgruntled employees are easy to point fingers when issues lie around themselves. Yes we have changes going on and not everyone is going to like those changes but overall this is a great place to work, the hardest part of the job is some of the demanding challenges and with the staff we have who are embracing their jobs its a very enjoyable place to work.

Pros

All current changes are for the good

Cons

Can get VERY busy but its a challenge

Top Company to work for

I couldn't think of a better place to work. There is never a dull day here, every day is different and a learning day, the hardest part of the job is some of the challenges we face and the best part is the majority of staff. Yes there have been a lot of changes and to the minority who don't like it they complain and make the company look bad. I really don't understand all the X disgruntled employees, these complaints are because of the individuals issues with aspects of management because the management are driven in order to make times better. People are so quick to point out the bad but not the good.

Pros

All current changes are for the good

Cons

Can get VERY busy but its a challenge

Challenging & Rewarding

Almost 20 years with Landmarc, get to work in some of the most incredible locations across the UK and overseas supporting DIO/MoD. Support, training, professional development and advancement are available for all.Excellent employee benefits. Flexibility is essential as no two days are the same generally.Knowing what we do makes a difference to our Armed Forces is so rewarding.

Extremely happy in my role

I started work with Landmarc in August 2021 and at first there was a huge amount to learn but I was supported in the process throughout. The company went out of its way to make me feel welcome . I received phone calls and had informal meetings with various directors and senior managers and have always felt that I can speak freely. The company rewards staff well and the work life balance is just right.

Pros

Salary banding for the role, clear guidelines and processes and huge levels of support

Great Place

In my time working at Landmarc I find it a breathe of fresh air compared to previous employers. The work-life balance, mental health awareness, female equality amongst many other important factors have created a very happy working experience for me within the company.

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

n/a

Average company, top heavy management.

Enjoyed the time here mostly.Poor pay in respect to industry standards.Unique environment with variety of work.Self education is a must.Very much a "critical" environment. Unfortunately they are continually changing their management structure, had 4 different managers in 5 years.

14 June 2022
Thank you for the comments, we would encourage you would get in touch with HR to share more detailed feedback. This will be really helpful for us to ensure other colleagues and future staff have a good experience at Landmarc.

Working at Landmarc in the SE was like a big family up till March 2022. Now it's awful and I hate it every day.

Most people and managers are really great to work the new Regional Operations Manager is causing serious problems. A really good senior manager just left in March and we were told he resigned but I don't believe that. Everyone fears for their jobs now as we are just about to start a new DIO contract and some stability would been good but the way things are managed is now is going down hill fast. People fear for their jobs and I think more people will just leave. We now really pity the local managers who seem to be always chasing their tail trying to make things work properly. Some Team Leaders are too old for all this change and cant understand why it has to change. I'm now looking for another job ASAP and lots of other good people are also looking for other jobs. Its really sad to see a really good job go bad as quickly as this has.

15 June 2022
We are sorry to hear this feedback, we would encourage you to get in touch with HR, there are many processes in place to support your journey at Landmarc.

Productive and fun workplace

Since starting at Landmarc 3 years ago I have been given multiple opportunities to progress and learn within the company. I have successfully completed lots of courses including SMSTS, IOSH, HR & Management. I have also been given the opportunity to do a Level 3 Facilities Management apprenticeship. Everyone has the opportunity to complete an apprenticeship. I am fully supported in my role by senior management and staff on the ground. I enjoy my job hugely and would encourage anyone to start a career at Landmarc. I work in the maintenance dept and can say that everyday is different, it keeps me on my toes and I enjoy solving day to day problems. I have a great team around me and enjoy coming to work. We have family friendly policy's to allow you to have a great work/life balance. We get a generous annual leave allowance and good benefits.

Toxic management

No one can decide if a team leaders should be more office based or on the ground more. Also Team leaders have too many areas of responsibility for which pay does not reflect. Information flow from senior management is quite poor and then team leaders are then blamed for lack of communication. There is no trust placed in team leaders, and are expected to micro manage our teams on tasks that are common at end and start of every month, effectively treat our teams like idiots.

Not a bad company

Face never fitted with head of region, no issue at my site. Enjoyed working there but left due to my own issues but not made easy by head of region. Face never fitted with him

Working in the south east.

Working in the south east. Contract is 5in7. Does not work with the amount of manpower we currently have. So rostas are changed to suit operational commitments. Which contradicts our contract. But when complaints are made they fall on deaf ears and false promises.

Pros

Cons

To many to mention

Very Exciting Place to Work

Landmarc is a great company to work for, it's very different to most companies due to the industry that it operates in. My manager was very supportive and happy to help with queries that I had. The team itself was great, very approachable individuals. Overall, a great atmosphere to work in.

Middle management issues

Landmarc as a company isn't a bad company as such, but like most companies. It depends on the managers you work under. Most line managers leave a lot to be desired. They will make promises they have no intention of keeping. And some have no clue what they are doing. Senior management are paid well, but the guys working out on the hillsides in all weathers aren't. And the lower management, Supervisors etc are paid worst of all for what they have to do.

Pros

Cons

Poor management Poor wages for staff lower down the food chain.

Wasted 13 months of my life!

Absolutely atrocious place to work, treated and spoken to in an awful manner made to feel stupid by clueless managers! Reduced my health to a point I had to spend a month crippled in pain, which since leaving has improved massively!! Salary is just an insult to people’s intelligence and current job knowledge, management are slow to understand and believe they know best, there is no team work it’s everyone for themselves! Had I had the chance to trial the position, before the security checks etc I would have pulled out and not wasted 6 weeks waiting to start after my confirmed start date!

Pros

Home time

Cons

Micro managed with a Destructive atmosphere

After working for Landmarc for the many years I have seen a change in management recently which has been very much for the worse, you have an area manager running his fellow local management down all the time often behind there back and to other team leaders and ground workers, making the moral in the workforce very low.

Pros

We do get paid

Cons

To many to name

Not a safe company to work for.

Seemed OK at the start then came the bullying by inexperienced managers supported by rent an HR there is a culture of if you dare to question a safety issue you will be targeted for bullying and victimisation this company has been found to be un-safe by the HSE in many areas i would not recommend working for this company.

Pros

Cons

Split shifts, bullying, no job security, poor management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landmarc Support Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement