Lanes Group PLC
Happiness score is 37 out of 100

Lanes Group PLC Employee Reviews

United Kingdom137 reviews

4 on 4 off

Good if you like a four on four off basis doing twelve hours shifts. The people there are nice for the most part dealing with customers can be unpleasant

Stressful and incompetent management

Lies from the start:12 hour shifts over 4 days(4on/4off)but told you have to do 50 over 5 days for a month on induction.told you don't do overtime unless you want then find out on first shift your actually on a call out rota and have to stay out for hours longer.Moaned at if doing hgv vehicle checks and find problems even to the point of having a nail in tire air pouring out then being told to drive it to your first job across London and not to worry till later(illegal and dangerous)shambles of a management and HR.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, blame culture basically everything you can think off.

Insights into Lanes Group PLC

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Long hours and constant problems!

worked at lanes group for nearly 2 years and i couldn’t tell you a day there wasn’t multiple problems.I had a dreadful experience with this company.They will put you through loads of courses but that is to only benefit them as i was laughed at by my managers after asking for a pay rise after completing 5 courses. I now have to pay for all the courses after leaving the company.

HR none existent, no manager in a stressful, fast paced environment for 2 years. If you follow and obey, you in!

You have to be desperate to work here! Not an employee company at all! The company is turning 30 this year and instead of a nice, well deserved bonus, to help with inflation increases, they having a breakfast, for a company that has a yearly turnover of hundreds of millions!No pay increase in over 2 years!!!

Pros

None at all! Oh I lie a bottle of spirits at Christmas time, not sounding ungrateful but how about a yearly bonus, spirits ain't going to pay the bills!!!

Cons

Overworked and underpaid!!!

Worst place to work

Worst job ive ever had Stafford yard is the worst place to be working more cover ups than the british government supervisors need retraining contracts manager needs to be replace and drug test are faked

Great People

Lanes has some great talented people working for them . It's a company that if you put the effort in and have the right attitude you will do really well. They are supportive and will reward hard work

Avoid

LMC side is run by someone who has no experience in the industry. The field manager doesn’t know how to motivate his team. Has his favourites and has allowed multiple employees with experience leave with out trying to see if they will stay.

A real and honest view

Unfortunately sometimes people use these platforms to only highlight the negative regarding businesses as an opportunity to vent. Although Lanes has opportunities to improve I do think a lot of positives equally exist and should be recognised. If your a recent graduate of school leaver (A levels) then this is without doubt an organisation you should approach. The roles available are vast and support lots of different jobs (managerial, administration, logistics, engineering). For people who are starting out and looking to place those initial foundations to a career which will enhance the employment opportunities you may seek in the future then this really is an ideal business to do that. If pay and salary is a driver that takes priority when considering a role then you most definitely will not be disappointed. I almost take a view that the pay is actually too generous although I do appreciate remuneration is very personal and an individual opinion. If you are seeking a hands on role so ultimately in the field you will have overtime opportunity at a plentiful rate. The company rewards its staff with an annual appraisal system called ‘a pathway’. Everyone qualifies for this but as to be expected it’s very much about meeting the criteria on this in order to receive the reward. However all very achievable stuff including , Good compliance , Low absence , Proactive development seeking , Flexibility , Positive attitude to work. To support this further the company invested a whopping chunk of cash for the field teams in 2021 to uplift basic salaries. Excluding overtime or allowances -

A great place to work

Worked for the business for a very long time, and enjoy most days at work. The people I work with make coming to work a joy.The managers give support when required

Supportive Workplace

Since i have worked at the Lanes Group everyone has been extremely supportive and helped push me to achieve my goals and more. Everyone is willing to help you .

A fast paced, progressive company with a great family-like culture

Embarking on a career with Lanes Group was one of the best decisions I ever made and I haven't looked back since joining the company 6 years ago.The inclusive and family-like culture make this organisation a fabulous place to work and there are development and progression opportunities for anyone that wants them.

Pros

Inclusive, diverse, fun.

Cons

You need to like working hard😊

Difficult challenging sector

Senior Managers care about there people and the company clearly cares about the H&S of its employees. Middle management do a good job and they try to support the best way they can and we receive lots of internal comms regarding updates and other notifications

Very stressful, low pay, high risk, no support,

I honestly don't know where to begin so I won't bore anyone with the details of my own personal nightmare working at lanes no brains as an engineer but in my experience when issues become highlighted the only thing highlighted is you, you are now the problem and they will stop at nothing to get you out of the door and shaft you in the process.If you value a social life/work balance then stay well away, wages are kept low so you will do the overtime, when promised a pay rise you will be asking months Down the line "where is it?" and your health and safety does not matter to them.If you want to do the job properly and get frustrated about how your tax money is spent then steer clear as lanes want jobs complete, not suspensions.It is a company where if you're not invited within the inner circles then your life could very well be you waking up and not wanting to go into work out of fear of another bad day.A truly harrowing experience and if you look at the ratings, the ratings don't lie.

Pros

You're on the road

Cons

Where do I begin

Shocking company

Under appreciated Treat staff like rubbish Poor working conditions- working in cold damp cabins Poor backing of hard working staff HR department very unprofessional and unhelpful with matters

Pros

Local

Not a good company to work for

Did 6 months at this place management are a joke and could not run a p*SS up in a brewery kept promising me ppe which I had to go out and purchase my own seen better vehicles in a scrap yard than what they make you drive there is no concern for staff welfare had me going down man holes with out any any ppe and when I questioned it I got told how would you like this to be the last day working for the company whole company is a joke only good thing about the company is the lads avoid avoid avoid

Pros

Leaving the company

Cons

To many to list

Good if you like getting screamed at by management.

I worked here as a HGV jet/vac driver/ drainage engineer a while back and unless your face fits, you ain’t going anywhere. In house training was non existent, but training carried out by third parties, for first aid, London Underground, working at height etc was excellent. Progression as I said is very slow/static unless you are best buddies with someone in management. Regular drug tests carried out, but the known users in the workforce are always sick those nights, rumours flying around saying they’ve been tipped off by friends in management - not good at all. To sum it up, most of the people doing the actual work are decent people, but there are a lot of people there who accidentally on purpose forget equipment or take kit that doesn’t work knowing full well the job will be called off, so they get an easy night.

Pros

Cons

Incompetent site people in charge and middle management let the place down, They need a big shake up to get rid of the dead wood.

Rubbish place to work at poor management and poor salary

Wouldn't even bother unless you want no life. Management and schedulers unable to organise anything some days I would sit in the yard for a full shift. Working nights there was no Management to help and no point phoning them as they don't bother picking up the phone or even call you back your left to deal with problems and deal with drunk and aggressive members of the public

Cons

Better off signing onto benefits than working for them

You would have more independence in secondary school than working for this “company”. Micro managing at its finest. Unprofessional, HR just as corrupt as management. You only progress if you are best friends with managers and never receive positive feedback. they always point out your mistakes yet brush their own mistakes under the carpet. If you speak up against them they don’t like it and hate it if you get on well with other team members. Only good thing is the people you work with.

Unprofessional and not fair

Very cliquey environment, never acknowledged for good behaviour always pointing out mistakes, don’t give people chances and management will always be the first to action your mistakes but never take accountability for their own.

challenging but can be rewarding

Every day is different at Lanes, mainly because of the work we do, you never know what it going to happen. We have worked very hard within our department to become partners to the business and to assist managers in their every day roles, which can be very challenging when dealing with individuals. The hardest part of our roles are for people to understand exactly what we are here for. Assisting employees with issues they have and resolving them satisfactorily and effectively is a great part of the job along with developing individuals as they progress though their careers.

Pros

Every day is different

Cons

Some offices and sites need updating

Avoid like the plague as an employee or customer

Awful place the managers are clueless they do not work together as a company as each department only looks after itself they have an us v them approach leaving the workers in the middle of petty arguments and unable to finish jobs efficiently.

Pros

They will put you through training but only if and when it suits them

Cons

Bad money for the job expected

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lanes Group PLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement