Langham Hotel logo
Langham Hotel

Langham Hotel Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

It is very good tradtional 4 star hotel

Very welcoming and friendly employers ,well manned staff's . I gain a lot of skills to interact with customers . The hotel is very serious about customers and employees safety .

Excellent

I have been enjoying working at Langham hotel for the last fifteen year’s unfortunately they put a lot of people in redundancy and was the unlucky one it happened on the 26/07/2020

Fun place to work

I can't fault the Langham, it has been a great place to work for me. I've worked at a few 5-star hotels in London and I find the Langham the most friendly. There are lots of opportunities to advance within the hotel. I'm a Doorman so already have the best role within the hotel.

beautiful place with beautiful people

There were ordinary days, but there were very interesting and unforgettable days. In addition to routine work, it was possible to develop in several directions at once. This experience helped me to better understand people and how things work.

Good company to work for

Hospitality requires care,time and flexibility. It isn't an easy job. You do have to commit in busy time/shift but managment and work environment is really nice and it is a pleasure to go to work.

Promotion of Nepotism

No structure to the job. No trainings proved by the manager neglecting his role to motivate the staff. Understaffed floor, lack of knowledge of work. Not motivating and disgracefull point system of pay where the floor staf gets x1, supervisor x2 more, assistant manager x3 more and manager x4 more of the service charge AND TIPS! - Sounds a bit like a promotion of Nietzsche's infamous the Untermensch concept. All management upgraded through the in-friends from previous places of work mostly Savoy with no experience whatsoever but expectations based of lack of knowledge of their own job. The assistant manager/manager being a host or on the pass. Poor stressful experience for the staff and guests who do not get to be seated at the time of their reservation. Moreover, the main Chef calls the staff 'liners' and treats everyone like under-people. The food in the canteen is not great, staff Benefits not great either. It is mostly impossible to use the colleague stay in thae hotel.

Just terrible experience..

Just the worst place to work in hospitality. The management is completely rude, the most of the colleagues are the same or maybe worst.. They customer service is very poor. The only positive was the good tips but still it wasn't worth it at all.. Try to avoid!!!

It was a joke

I was lied to. The management staff lie and get you into trouble. Do not work here. It's not a very welcoming and happy environment. I constantly felt as if this job was affecting my mental health.

Big family and is very fun to work there

I really enjoyed working at the Langham Hotel, big family there, i had a good relation with our managers, supervisors, and all the employees who worked there.Working there i've learned how to communicate with the quests, i have improved my english skills and i've learned how to work with other people in a team.

Great workforce

Everyone was polite, no trouble on understanding the work. Learned how to manage on excel and deal with invoices as part of my job role for those 2 weeks.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Can be stressful at time

Jobs at Langham Hotel

See more jobs

Interesting and pleasant experience

It was very pleasant and nice working environment. Stuff at this hotel was very polite and very team-working so I learned a lot from them. I am very grateful and wish them the best of luck.

Pros

Free lunch

state of the art food

I start controlling all the fridges and prep list and prepare everything is needed, including room dining ,prep new menu for the self service, service start at 12:00 ends at 15:00. At 16:00 start room dining ,at 18:00 open the bar with its own menu, at 19:00 start the dining service it ends at 23:00. I learn how work in a fine dining kitchen. I think that the managment was good.the workplace culture was amazing. the hardest part of this place was no break at all. the best part was learning learning a lot from amzing chefs star level

Pros

improving skills

Cons

no time for eat

Chefs assistant

Everyday was different at the Langham but I always left my work feeling rewarded However I quickly realised I was unable to progress in this role and the lack of a salary caused me to leave.

Pros

Free luches

Nice place to work

I enjoyed my time working there, we were given free food and the staff were very conscious of our safety we had fire training . it was so so good. Never felt discreminated against.

Great for shift workers

It's very old fashioned and they make more work for themselves than they need to. I don't think they know what breaks are as you don't seem to get one which over 6 hours is illegal. Some of the people are nice. Money is ok but they pay the holiday pay into your wage which tbh is a bit insulting they shouldn't bother. Management is very very picky about everything.

Pros

Wage ok

Cons

Long hours and no breaks.

Amazing work

The glorious Artesian bar is simply amazing place to work in luxury environment, meeting people from all around the world! The team is super supportive, pay is amazing, lots of benefits, like service charge and tips.

Pros

Staff food, tips

Cons

Long hours, hard to find time for living life

Multi

Not the best place for the kind of work you want. The ascension is slow and does not match expectations. You are engaged for a task and you are not taught to do anything further.

Pros

Good salary

Perfect First Job

This was a good first job that helped me gain an experience within the hospitality industry with supportive supervisors. Unfortunately with not much opportunities to progress within the hotel, it makes it hard to make a career. Therefore perfect for somebody just leaving school and looking to gain vital experience within this industry.

Pros

Helpful Staff

Cons

zero hours contract

Environnement de travail agréable

L'expérience fut enrichissante et m'a permise de me développer dans un environnement anglophone.

Avoid

Was working there just 1day. Everything so weird, no one even asked if I had my break. Shift was more than 12h and just one half an hour break. No respect to employees. Don't waste your time there.

Pros

Few nice people

Cons

Long hours, poorly managed place, nasty behaviour from managers

Excelente

Otmia oportunidade para quem tem pouca experiencia.

Pros

Valutação excelente

Cons

Nao fornece refeição