Language Connect

Language Connect Employee Reviews

Very good

A very rewarding job, I have been doing it for over a year. It is not stressful, it just requires you to be organised and have a good command of English plus another language. It pays very well, but the amount of jobs you get is not that high and at the end of the month you might not get enough to think it is worth it. it is however if you supplement with another agency or two so you have an additional income. With 2 agencies, you could get to around 1000 £ per month, or if you are serious and have a car you could be earning upwards of 1500£ per month (with another agency! plus this one).

Pros

Schedule, Pay, No Stress

Cons

Few jobs

I enjoyed working for LC and learned a lot in the position. I always felt supported by my manager and there were lots of growth opportunities. There was a lack of culture though, people would skype you rather than talk to you directly (even if they were sitting right next to you).

Did not get paid

I did not get paid for the last 6 bookings since the new owner or manager moved in beginning of 2019.On one occasion I was booked to a place on a Saturday which is closed at week-ends. I joined in February 2017 and it used to be a pleasure to work with Language Connect.

Inspiring, fast-moving and first class management

I worked at Language Connect about four years ago, and it was my first 'proper' job after graduating university. I didn't appreciate it at the time as I had nothing to compare it to, but the management across the board was first class, from the director to all of the team leaders. Following that was a positive, fast-moving culture, a minimum of complaining and office politics, and just a great mix of people from around the world wanting to get their head down and do a good job. For me, Sales wasn't for me, even though I was good at it, and learnt a lot from the Sales Manager, who put time into my development that I imagine is rare for a new graduate. What I did not like was a culture of staying as late into the evening as possible, especially as the office is not located too conveniently for getting your mundane chores done.

Empfehlenswertes Praktikum

Man kann hier als Praktikant/in viel über das Projektmanagement lernen, wenn man Initiative zeigt. Bei guter Arbeit bekommt man mehr Verantwortung übertragen. Das Arbeitsklima ist sehr gut und man geht auch nach der Arbeit mal zusammen etwas trinken.

Knowledge gaining

Not really come across any typical day yet. Very interesting when you meet different people you get to know many new things. Very good management. Very Friendly. Feel very satisfied when the job is perfectly done.

Excellent

A great and friendly company to work with as a freelance interpreter. The work is located in different places in London, so it's diverse. Very professional.

Professionals and high quality translation company

This is a very professional company which provide a excellent translation service to their clients. They look for passionate and enthusiasm translators who can provide the great service they always aim.

A fun company to work with because colleagues are very helpful and superior is very supportive.

Work life balance. Overall colleagues are very supportive. The turnover rate is very low because everyone is enjoying in this company very much. CEO will provide company direction and share to us revenue. He is very friendly and open minded.

Pros

Work life balance, high revenue and low turnover.

Cons

Healthcare

Great Company - not yet ready for the US.

benefits not available. pay not great nice company but they compare straight conversions to the UK which doesn't work for the US and they have no immediate change happening

na

excellent working environment, professionals who are setting high standards and provide high quality service. very good communication and coordination.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Language Connect. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5Job security/advancement