Language Empire logo
Language Empire

Language Empire Employee Reviews

2.7
Work-life balance

Proactive and fun work place

Very Good company , very nice and helpful staff. Freelance is better then working as a contractor. You can pick when ever you want or you can also cancel.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Urgent decision

Productive and great place to evolve

I would recommend Language Empire to anyone who is looking to work for a company that will help them: -develop new skills,-gain more Knowledge,-experience working in a fast-paced environment.For me personally was a great experience working with Language Empire I was well informed and reminded of all my bookings, always a call away and very helpful.Well done for all the improvements and Thank you for all the opportunities to work in my past. I also appreciate your timely payments and the whole of Empire Team being a pleasure to work with.

Incompetent job allocators, do not take complaints very well!

0 hour contract! I am an experienced interpreter and I have completed a degree when interviewed by Language empire! They phone me and asked many questions from summer to winter I were waiting for the recruitment to sort out my profile and offer me a job. Finally there was a nice one nice person who chased it and completed it. I started with a low pay band and later realised they are putting others with no experience on the same band.however I have received an update that I am moved to a next pay band but unfortunately the job allication was poor and they were giving wrong address and wrong sheet and blaming me for the job. I have received fines and very basic jobs which I then decided to give up. Funny enough they still send me jobs which I ignored! They had not received many jobs when I logged into inline portal at nights the jobs were already cherry picked! Not many left

Pros

Cons

Everything that they did

Poor set up and low pay

- often asked employee to work last minute - website not working therefore can't submit worksheets and dont get pay - asked to be withdrawn from the company then keep getting phonecalls asking to work

My Experience

This company is a good one for starting advancement within the bulk recruiting field. The pay doesn’t reflect the job you are asked to do and the amount of stress that this entails although a jobs a job.

very good

Very good company, very professional, very friendly I enjoy workiing for them. I recommend this compay to anyone. It is one of the best company for which I have worked

Worked for them as an interpreter .

Worked for them as an interpreter in January I haven’t still got paid. I contacted them a few times they are told me to wait how long do I have to wait ? I have discounting working with them I won’t work for them any longer .

A typical day and the productivity to all staff members per each day.

As I am still in the process of completing my registration with Language Empire I would strongly genuinely recommend that they do pragmatise more research with their allocation of further and constant job marketing as well as do discover more job venues not only locally but also more nationwide orientated.As honestly speaking as it can possibly be I do strongly recommend that they take this job placement too seriously as at the end of the day we put forward and at risk not only our lives,financial entities and our safety to put it more generally and honestly speaking but also everything else.It is a two way process and everything is interdependent.

Not great

For me the most difficult part is they call you all day to offer jobs that they now it's not in your area, they also know the time you`d be available for jobs and they insist in calling you to offer jobs that it won't be possible to take. Also a big bureaucracy to get the job sheet and post online, you can't cancel the jobs online, you need to call them. Sometimes they won't take your call and they take a really long time to answer your email.

Efficient and useful experience

This company has given me the confidence of knowing various languages and i feel happy about helping various people while working for this company. Great place to work

Extremely challenging and energetic

At the start of this great and unique job, I was so stressed (I had no idea at all), however greatly, the excellent team of Empire Language were so helpful and supportive in guiding and advising me to stay strong and stable in my position. To be honest I has so happy and exited about my job, and I really enjoyed any seconds of my job experience.

Pros

Having the right to choose to accept the assignment

Cons

Far distances to the offered assignment places

Worst place I have ever worked

This is the worst place I have ever worked! This company is a joke! From the complete overselling of themselves at interview down to them not paying me each month. The building is cold - sub zero temperatures and we were not allowed a heater to aid "cost saving". I became very poorly due to this and was penalised when I phoned in sick. When the inspector comes you are sent in in groups so you can't speak freely and they pressure you to put a good review about the company on glassdoor. The MD races around in his BMW and wonders why he crashes and frankly the company's reputation comes before it after just being to court for stealing other interpretation companies identity and business. Take my advice DO NOT PUT YOURSELF THROUGH IT!

Best first job

Since working at language empire I have learnt many new skills such as administration and customer service. The workplace is friendly and the employees there are very helpful.

Productive working environment and good management

I have worked for Language Empire for just short of 2 years and I have progressed within the company. The managing director is very much involved with the running of the business and likes to give all employees new opportunities. You get out what you put in and if you work hard it pays off. All the departments communicate within the office and is always a good environment to be in. Management is great - all are fair and understanding. The managers are the best I have ever worked with really , I actually look forward to coming into work in the morning.

Love working here, love the people and i don't dread going to work in the morning

Work life balance is great, the people are all friendly and welcoming and most of the all the work you do is rewarding. Like anything, if you're willing to work hard and put in the effort you'll get a lot out of it.

Great working atmosphere

I’ve been working for the company for over 4 years. All the staff work very hard and get along well to create a great working atmosphere. There are many benefits that the company provides to staff members including discounts via Perkbox, Staff discount at JD Gyms, Monthly meal days out, Pension scheme and Free fruit, tea and coffee. I would recommend Language Empire to anyone who is looking to work for a company that will help them develop new skills, gain more knowledge and experience working in a very fast paced office environment. I would also recommend Language Empire and Translation Empire to all the Freelance Interpreters and Translators. The bookings departments are always very busy and will be able to provide Interpreters/Translators with many jobs. The rates of pays for the jobs are very competitive and we have our own finance department that works hard to insure all the Interpreters/Translators are paid on time.

Flexible working hours

Flexible working hours. Helpful staff. Late payment. You have to pay for your transport. No training. Different environments for different jobs. Meeting new people.

Account Manager

My manager was absolutely fantastic it was a shame we didn't have her from the start, (Aug2018) the last 6mths with her made me actually want to work for LE. The rest of the management and departments were appaling, no one ever communicates properly or works together to make things better. Your always told to do a better job despite trying your hardest to meet targets, you are expected to meet targets with no support no resources absolutely nothing but still despite you working your best it was unoticed by senior management. The pay was shocking to the amount of work load that was given and when asked for a payrise you were thrown with a million and 1 excuses. Never was I offered any help or support to reach the targets by clients, only my own manager would reassure me I was doing a good job and she understood how hard it was due to lack of resources yet she still acknowledged my hard work and supported me through all the slack and grief I got from other staff members and senior staff.

Pros

Good supportive manager

Cons

Rubbish pay, too much workload. No route for

Paris

J'ai eu l'opportunité de rencontrer plusieurs personnes spéciales.

Fun place to work

Language Empire is a fun place to work. They are flexible and give support. What I like is the little extras we get like free fruit, tea/coffee and the company pays for us to go out every month. Happy to be here :)

Pros

Free parking, free fruit and tea/coffee

Cons

No decent food places near office

I don’t advice people to work with them

1/ salary never been on time 2/ they are not well organized 3/ they keep changing with there rules with out changing the contract 4/ I stopped working with them and ask them to Cuncil my contract with them and they never do I am still on there list. 5/ not good management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Language Empire. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5