Language Empire

Language Empire Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.3Pay & benefits

Mixed opinion

At the beginning I was very happy to work for LA but LA suddenly decided to lower rates and were constantly changing rules on paying for transport. Sometimes I agreed to a rate and transport expenses but by the time the assignment came, they changed rules of paying and I had no other choice but do an assignment for half of what I agreed with them. I could not drop an assignment because I would be charged a cancellation fee (pay was not a sufficient reason for cancellation). It got to a point where I had to bargain with them and had to have it on writing. They made me to find another job. They were great when they were paying what they promised...

Pros

Flexibility, my own boss.

Cons

Pay

Long hours no rewards

Very long hours and an idea of a pay increase from Language Empire was 50p per hour! Would not recommend, people you work with are nice but the work environment was like a school yard, petty arguments

Pros

Cons

No recognition

My Experience

This company is a good one for starting advancement within the bulk recruiting field. The pay doesn’t reflect the job you are asked to do and the amount of stress that this entails although a jobs a job.

Great working atmosphere

I’ve been working for the company for over 4 years. All the staff work very hard and get along well to create a great working atmosphere. There are many benefits that the company provides to staff members including discounts via Perkbox, Staff discount at JD Gyms, Monthly meal days out, Pension scheme and Free fruit, tea and coffee. I would recommend Language Empire to anyone who is looking to work for a company that will help them develop new skills, gain more knowledge and experience working in a very fast paced office environment. I would also recommend Language Empire and Translation Empire to all the Freelance Interpreters and Translators. The bookings departments are always very busy and will be able to provide Interpreters/Translators with many jobs. The rates of pays for the jobs are very competitive and we have our own finance department that works hard to insure all the Interpreters/Translators are paid on time.

Flexible working hours

Flexible working hours. Helpful staff. Late payment. You have to pay for your transport. No training. Different environments for different jobs. Meeting new people.

Fun place to work

Language Empire is a fun place to work. They are flexible and give support. What I like is the little extras we get like free fruit, tea/coffee and the company pays for us to go out every month. Happy to be here :)

Pros

Free parking, free fruit and tea/coffee

Cons

No decent food places near office

I don’t advice people to work with them

1/ salary never been on time 2/ they are not well organized 3/ they keep changing with there rules with out changing the contract 4/ I stopped working with them and ask them to Cuncil my contract with them and they never do I am still on there list. 5/ not good management.

Avoid

Never paid on time, that’s if you get all of your wage without the accountant missing half of it out. Which then you have to email and sort out yourself to get the rest of your wage. Most of the managers aren’t approachable, the pay is not worth the job, they won’t even put the heating on when it’s freezing cold we have to wear extra layers. Even the interpreters aren’t paid half of the time, unfair on both the employees and interpreters who work for them.

Pros

9-5 hours

Cons

Payment problems, managers

Administaror

The company was all over news last year for fraud and false pretend of Bid Word - the salary method is horrendous. HR people can’t even right a letter. Wage is always late . No development opportunities . No leadership and no one knows how an operation works. Everyone is an account manager . No clear communications between employees and business , business and interpreters and clients. Only work here if you can get anything and keep looking elsewhere.

Pros

Pizzas :)

Avoid at all costs

A full place to work managers are full of them selves constantly doing assessments with interpreters for no reason they never pay on time not even to call centre staff they sack people without due cause they reduced their pay rates paying under ten pound an hour they got sued by big word and are paying a 1/4 million fine avoid worse company ever

Pros

Cons

Pay, hours, everything

Low pay and disrespectful

This company is a disgrace to the profession, and I hope they disappear from the market. I have my worst work experience with them. And to make things worse they have recently lowered their rates of pay. They have a very unjust cancellation policy; you have to give them notice 10 days in advance or you have to pay a charge, but they only need to give you 2 hours notice if they choose to cancel. Please do not work for them!

Pros

I cannot think of any

Cons

Low pay, late pay and everything else

They have improved

Good assignments,nice clients. It is true that you have to wait 2months for your payment but it has now been several months that they pay always on time and there are no mistakes in my payslips (time, quantity of jobs etc.) Unfortunately they reduced significantly the pay and introduced useless assessments for interpreters. The booking coordinators are kind and never push you into accepting jobs you don't want to do(for example because of distance-they don't pay for travel time or mileage). Overall, I enjoy working for them.

Pros

Correct timely payments, lot of good clients

Cons

Neverending assessments for interpreters and low pay

There system dose not make since

I like interpreting works but they do not care about the interpreters at all. Their system is Full of mistake and no one can take responsibility. you should contact another department. you will get paid a minimum three months after you complete the assignment. they do not have a good reputation and its not a secure place to work in

No support from the company

You are paid months after you complete jobs and have to pay for your transport as well, which they rarely cover in full. There system of contact and problem resolution needs serious adjustments as it takes forever to get anything done.

Pros

Different environments for different jobs

Cons

Paid months after you complete jobs/cannot start in the industry if you don't have savings

Poorly Managed Company - AVOID!

I have stopped working for LE for the following reasons 1> You have to chase for payments this can go on for several months they will not put you through to accounts , you have to send mails but they don't respond but they will 'log' a ticket for your complaint but its ticks the box - they don't get back to you. 2> Cancellation Policy - as an interpreter you cannot cancel within 10 working days without receiving a penalty but they can cancel on the day without a payment to the interpreter - these should be more aligned and fair. 3> The agency will lie/mislead and tell you one rate but when you do finally get paid they pay the standard not the agreed rate. 4> The Management team do not care whatsoever about the position they put the interpreters in when not paying on time and refer to LE T&C on occasions if paperwork not received (don't pay interpreter), if late (fine interpreter) yet don't follow their own T&C around payment schedules. 5> The more work you do for them the less your hourly rate as a loyalty bonus and you also have to wait longer for payment the more assignments you do for them. Best advice I can give is don't work for LE, they need to realise without interpreters they simply don't have a business. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!

Pros

Flexible Hours

Good part time job.

It`s a good part - time job. You have to be really quick to book an appointment, but they pay you on time, got easy hub to work with and are easy to contact with.

Payment as Freelance Interpreter

I did Jobs for them in the 2nd half of July. Now I am in October 2018 and haven't been paid yet. They have a payment schedule on the Interpreter Hub now. It is showing that I will be paid after 50 days. Jobs I am doing in October 2018 is expected to be paid in January 2019, no Christmas joy. Yes, it is just beyond belief. As a freelancer they expect you to maintain yourself for all this time while they invoice their contractor and keep the money at the expense of the you as an interpreter. If you continue to work for them for a month then after 50 days they pay a week worth of payment only at a time. The main issue with this company is that they are a language providing service company that does NOT want to pay the linguists working for it. They are happy to keep proceeds from their contractors and do not care about you as a linguist getting paid. They seem to be trying hard to improve on communication and the web linguist interface but the issue of payment to linguists remains as it is the case from the old bad days. Unless this fundamentally changes my advice to linguists we remain. AVOID WORKING FOR LANGUAGE EMPIRE.

Language Empire

LE was the worst experience of my life, they never commit in writing to any last minute request they make to convince to take work with them, never pay the full amount and when they pay the money is paid more than 3 months after finishing the task

Pros

choosing my hours of work

Cons

everything else

You work,they earn and you don't get paid in full.

I speak three languages and had a lot of assignments during the week; approximately 24 hours a week. Three months later I had more than 600 hours worked but no payment received. I called and spoke with the manager who promised to pay me in three weeks time but did not kept his promise as I kept working and adding more hours to the one I had. Called and emailed to complain but they come out with excuses and a promise to pay. I decided not to take assignments till get paid. I won as they paid me in full but I have had to wait for five stressful months to get the money. Now I work with different ones and I never complained as they pay me always on time.

Unethical company

Don’t pay for your parking even when there’s no free parking available...they don’t pay for travel time or petrol no matter how far you travel....won’t work for them again, it’s not worth it unless I can walk to venue needing interpreting. My advice is to try other interpretation companies - there are plenty around!

Pros

No language test

Cons

Not worth it if you have to use car or public transport to get to venue

They never pay!

I have worked for them on the 20th December 2017. Now we are in March 30th 2018 and I still didn’t get paid for the assignment I did for them. I had to drive and pay for parking to do the work and I still didn’t get paid a penny! They keep calling me as they need my service and I only ask to get paid before I ever work for them again and they always have an excuse and never pay! Stay away from Language Empire.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Language Empire. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5