LanguageLine Solutions

2.6Pay & benefits

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,041 reviews
paytimegoodworkingjobworkinterpreterpeople

Mostly positive experiences

As a freelance interpreter you choose when you want to work.However only getting paid by the minute for actual calls means some waiting between calls.Not a well paid job when you consider the majority of calls are of a sensitive nature.Health, police, social services).Great as an extra earner if you want to work from home.Your first 6 months will be a massive learning curve of translating with new vocabulary and taking notes efficiently.

Amazing company to work for

I’ve been working at LLS for more than 3 years now as a telephone interpreter. It’s a freelance flexible job that pays good rate per hour. I don’t have to worry about travelling or commuting as the job is remote and it’s very easy to use their app where you log in to start receiving phone calls. The workflow is quite heavy for my languages but I can’t complain at all, at the contrary as long as there is client demand it keeps me busy and it’s even better to make a little bit of extra money. With this job you can keep a balance between your personal life and professional life. Basically, you are your own boss so you can manage your own workload, working hours, target… etc. The only cons is that you are only paid per worked minute and not per logged minute.

Insights into LanguageLine Solutions

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Not worth getting out of the bed for the pay.

It often takes an hour to travel to the job, one hour to get the job done, and one hour to get back home, not taking into account the cost of a cup coffee or a sandwich on the way or taking into account the traveling expenses all that for a mere £16 per hour pay, when you think it takes 3 hours to do a one hour job it simply is not worth getting out of bed for it.

Enjoined

It’s nice to work with good trust worthy team!Everything happens very fast without long delays!

Only good if you want to get experience working as an interpreter

Salary is below minimum salary as you are self employed, take 20% out of what they offer you, doesn't cover any expenses, take the amount of time and petrol to get to the appointment and you'll get paid peanuts.If you have another full time paid job, it is not worth working here. Salary depends on what you work.

Pros

Getting some experience in the field

Cons

No full time salary

Best job

I love working with Language Line Solution. I am enjoying working and balancing family life. I only would like to criticise LLS for not paying good.

Pros

Easy pay

Cons

Less pay

Good experience

It is a good experience of using both languages to help people in hospitals. The company provided enough information about the patients. Sometimes however I had to travel very far from where I live and the travel cost a lot than I expected.

Good part time job

LLS pays quite well for an hour, but the job comes with lots and lots of hours spent on public transport. The opportunities depend on a lot on what language you speak besides English, so if your language is not very high-demand, it is not possible to make a living from only F2F interpreting. But the job is quite relaxed, it is a good opportunity to network with people and to put your name out there and build a freelance lifestyle from it. If you are not sure if you could live your life as a freelancer, LLS is the perfect training ground to test yourself if it is for you or not. :)

Pros

No minimum hour expectations, full freedom.

Cons

No paid travel (except in very rare occasions)

Excellent

Flexible job really suitable for People with long-term health condition or being student or having children and that is very important to have flexible job and being able to work at the same time

Working as self employed but assistance is given when needed.everything done online or by phone

Good company paid on time. Helpful staff. We need to register as self employed then jobs come through the phone portal. It has been this rate for years. Would be better if there was an increase in hourly rate. We pay for parking but it is very expensive in hospitals.

There should be a oay rise with inflation going up

Iv worked with languageline for nine years no increase in pay. Not many jobs everyday in local. Jobs are quite far many times the pay just about covers the cost of trsveliinng With a few pounds left over. Its like volunteering for people who are in need of help with the language barrier.

Not worth it

For £16 an hour and an extra £4 for every quarter of an hour if the interpreting goes over is not worth it. Although they state that you need to be available from 8am to 6pm or even outside of your working hours, it doesn't mean that you will be paid well. The job assignments you get will depend on whoever gets the job first on the online portal. To be honest with you, it is not worth becoming an interpreter. In the past, one of the agencies I used to register for called Global Accent used to pay face-to-face interpreters £50 an hour. Now they only pay £12 an hour.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Can't make a living with the wages you receive

I really enjoyed working for LanguageLine Solutions, the staff are very friendly, the hours work around your life, there is an appropriate amount of work for all interpreters and you help people communicate

Pros

Cons

No overpay

not enough hours.

It's ok if you have another income but normally you get 2-3 hours work a week, if you discount transport and the time it takes you to and back from a job, not worth it.

Poor paid

I have been working as freelancer for 1 , it s been poor paid , management wasn't helpful and rude , wouldn't recommend to a third party , only pro is flexibility

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Low paid

Good company

Good flow of freelance work in the role of face-to-face interpreter. Interpreter support line always very helpful and easy to reach. Reliable on payments, invoices were always paid on time.

4 July 2018
Good Afternoon, Thank you for your comments, we are happy to hear that you enjoy working for LLS.We appreciate your hard work and commitment to the role, we are looking forward to continue working with you in the future.Kind Regards,The LR Team

Flexible hours

Flexible to fit in perfect with my personal life. But it should consider telephone interpreting. should improve on the increase of more sectors for local places, rather than over 5 miles.

4 July 2018
Good Afternoon,Many thanks for your comments.We do offer both Face-to-Face interpreting, as well as Telephone interpreting. If you are interested in Telephone Interpreting please feel free to call our office and we will be able to further assist. We do cover the whole of London, you would have access to bookings within a 20 mile radius, not 5 miles.If there is anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call.Kind Regards,LR Recruitment

Good for those who want great flexibility in their work pattern

This type of work is great for those looking great flexibility in their work days and hours. You can pick when and how long to work for and work it around your schedule, however your pay will reflect that. The only downside is that the work pattern may vary greatly from one month to the other and one week you may be very busy while the next very quite. You have to also pay for your own travel which may stop you from taking bookings which are too short and too far. The pay is always correct and on time, but you get paid a month later. The company pays for a DBS before you start however they take that cost out of your first pay.

Pros

Flexibility in hours and days.

Cons

you have to pay for your own travel. Inconsistency in work provided.

13 April 2018
Good Morning,We very much value your commitment and passion to the role.In Regards to the work pattern, as you are aware this is a freelance role therefore the hours are not guaranteed. We explain all of this to each candidate from the beginning of the recruitment process. We of course want to make sure our interpreters are happy with everything before becoming an interpreter with us. As you said it provides great flexibility with working days and hours.Thank you for your feedback!Kind Regards,The LR Team

Good company to work with

Friendly staff, nice office and good environment. Flexible work/hours. Up-to-date online system which works brilliantly well. I would definitely consider work for them again in the future as you can do it on weekends or on your spare time.

Best workplace ever!

I consider this to be the perfect workplace. Nothing bad to say about them....nothing bad whatsoever! They supply enough patients per day and at the end of the month you do get an ok salary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LanguageLine Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement