Las Iguanas

Las Iguanas Employee Reviews

United Kingdom179 reviews

restaurantbarfoodkitchenfreeshiftlongbusy

Enjoyable but busy

The staff at the restaurant were fun to be around and made the shifts enjoyable. Great management whilst I was there however some of the shifts were not great for my time at University.

A lovely workplace

All the team members were lovely to work with, which made the job a little bit easier. Can get really busy and hectic at times (but that's just hospitality). Management were great, incredibly supportive people that cared for their staff.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Extremely busy during weekends / holidays

Insights into Las Iguanas

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fun and Productive

Had a good time bartending here, great opportunity to learn. Getting fed on shift was a bonus. The team really felt like family, work was very busy though

Ok place, poor management

When you get offered the job the send you away for training for month. The problem with my training was that it was over Christmas time, and the site was extremely busy. Learning to cook the dishes was fine and easy as I am a chef, but they didn’t teach me any of there systems, so when I got to my site I didn’t have a clue how to order food online r do stock counts. They also said that they don’t do split shifts, which is a lie as they just call them doubles, which is basically just another split shift

Pros

Free food on shift.

Cons

A lot of hours. Poor management

Busy but rewarding

It’s definitely a fun place to work for. Lots of company incentives, always busy and tips are usually very good. Good team, good food, good management.

Good pay, good job

Very good place to work. Good pay, good tips, as a student good pay working 4-10:40 most days. Good management. Good staff. Stressful when super busy but overall good and rewarding

Great company to work for with many benefits

A good company to work for with transparent expectations and achievable targets. Recognises and rewards staff of all levels. Organised and professional head office.

Pros

Staff Food, Bonus Scheme

Unorganized and unprofessional

You will either be given too many hours or not enough. Your availability is not listened to. Extremely unprofessional managers. Nothing is kept in confidence. Extremely cliquey environment. Only good think is the pay as there’s service charge on every bill.

Good and fun team

Team are really good, and managers are always happy to give you a day off. Work is sometimes hectic with busier days a hard shifts. Customers can be a nightmare.

Pros

Cheap food, team

Cons

Long hours, not great wage, customers

very fast-paced but fun

As a bartender its really fun learning how to man the bar and make all the cocktails, once you've worked behind a bar (particularly cocktails) you'll get further bartending jobs in no time. That's because there's so much to learn and remember, which can be stressful and a little pressurising but you gradually learn it. Of course weekends are stressful and busy but honestly makes the shift go so quick and when the team work collaboratively, its fine. Although, something that I wasn't told was that if you have no experience going into the job, you are on minimum wage for the first 3 months or until they think you are skilled enough. To any new starters, I would recommend working full-time for at least 1-3 months while your learning all the spec ingredients and getting to know your way around the bar. All in all, its hard work, but its rewarding and it can be fun.

Okay

Was standard for getting into cocktails. Okay to start and better to move on from. Zero hour contracts and spiteful management didn’t help. Had one manager stick their tongue out at me when I said I couldn’t stay longer on a shift when they knew I had a sick family to look after

Pros

Cons

Zero hour contract

Avoid this company

It changed when it was bought out. It was a great company years ago. Now you are a number. Targets impossible to reach. No realistic and when you challenged them, they accused you of being negative

Pros

Staff food

Cons

Everything else

Stressful

Stressful and under paid. Don’t expect decent hours. Hours get cut all the time. And most of the time your expected to do 3/4 people jobs. They will only hire staff with not a lot of experience and a lot of students so if you have experience I wouldn’t even bother as you end up having to do triple the work. And because most nights it’s just yourself and it does get busy complaints are one a whole level like nothing I have experienced before working in hospitality for wait times etc. Iv done this for long enough that I understood it was all higher then management. My manger was the only thing that keep me their for so long But unfortunately for him this is above he’s control.

Pros

My mangers

Cons

Lack of care from higher up

Don’t work there

They’re very unprofessional and rude the staff are lovely but the managers are horrible people. Your not even allowed a drink unless it’s your break.

FIESTA all day long

Typical day at work it's like everywhere places the "difference" it's in there everyday is a FIESTA and you have to act like you are party all day long and that can be really exausting.

Pros

Free meal, good tips, great pp, fiesta!!

Cons

Too much parties at the site

Co workers and tips make this place!

Overall I love my job, but it’s definitely the team and the service charge/tips that make it worthwhile. Saturdays with bottomless brunch are insane but I always have a laugh at work with my team. Never a dull day, just a shame the hours are cut so much to save on labour! Especially when we all need the money.

Very inclusive

Amazing place to work, you learn so much in a short period of time.I would try to get more hours as the place is so welcoming and encouraging. The managers and colleagues were very helpful with training, learning drinks and hours.discounted food and on shift

Awful place to work

It wasn't the best experience for me. And management is just think about themselves never help you progress. Always stressful and management would blame you for it.

If you take this job on, good luck, you’ll need it

Just don’t touch it, it’s the most horrific place to work.As a team most of the guys are decent, but front of house staff are poorly trained and not supported by management in the slightest.Regional and training management are completely useless and training is a complete joke and always check your pay, they love to deduct money that you’ve earned without reason and don’t tell you until afterwards

Fast paced

A fast pace company with strong track members who worked well together. Great tips and I won a camera whilst there for my hard work. Only complaint was a girl who's been there years and is a bit of a bully.

Pros

Free lunch

Terrible management

Main manager was negligent of their duties and the rest always had the same answer which would inevitably lead to nothing being solved. Some managers are very rude.Staff are constantly leaving and the hours are always being cut . The pay is minimum and the hours aren’t long so you end up making very little. The people who worked there are the only thing that make up for this place

Pros

Fun coworkers, free lunch, tips

Cons

Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Las Iguanas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement