Laundryheap logo
Laundryheap

Laundryheap Employee Reviews

Management and Operating Ethics

These people are just unrealistic users, they will text you whilst driving and expect you to answer immediately. They direct you to drive into congestion charge zone and then dispute it even though you have screenshot evidence. You will do wastage mileages because they direct you back to an area you could have covered first time round. Difficult to contact group after 10pm(they all probably in bed) for advice whilst you're still out delivering, what company expects you to be looking for delivery address at midnight. They have no loyalty to workers, they terminate contracts without notification and make up flimsy reasons. Don't rely on this company for long term employment. They charge you for equipment, which company charges you £10 for hi-vis even though you are promoting their name free. Little wonder why facility they use for processing makes attempts to snatch customers from them.

Pros

Nothing is free at Laundryheap

Cons

Job insecurity, poor human resources, constant payment dispute, poor management

Great company to work for

Lovely people great company helpful and understanding works around my home and uni commitments easy to sign up with flexible always can cancel shifts with notice no questions asked great communication easy to talk to helpful and friendly team

Cons

Pick your own shifts

Not £13 ph at all

I worked here a few months back and to be honest they always push more work loads on you knowing you’ll go over your pay time. They expect you to do these huge workloads for free dwindling your wage down to near £7ph on most days and you pay for your fuel out of that as their fuel payment is only a mere 15p per mile whereas other more reputable delivery companies pay at least £1 per mile as standard.Their route planners are based all the way in India who clearly don’t understand distances, traffic or roadworks here or that there’s more 20 mph zones in London since 2019 making delivery times between each drop mostly well over 30 mins each.They promise a bonus of £4 per drop if you’re delivering over 20 items in 5 hours but give you just below so you never really get that bonus.Distance is a big issue here as you’ll be expected to drive near 80 to well over 100 miles within a 5 hour shift with around 18/19 stops and often the stops are miles apart from each other.They expect you to deliver or pick items well after 10pm often 11pm and beyond and clients aren’t very happy with the late visits and are often agitated and very unhappy with you arriving so late at night, again this comes down to very poor management and the fact that the teams in India clearly don’t understand that people in uk do not like to open doors to people late at night after 9/10pm onwards, management need to seriously look into this as it is a general safety issue.The facilities where you’re made to pick up are a total mess with zero organisation and nothing to help you to make it easier, you’re made to -

Pros

Cons

Very long hours

Unethical company that only thinks about them selfs

Very unprofessional Very rude management Disorganised Bullying and harassment with management power Never felt comfortable speaking A massive list of unethical behaviour which some are illegal. STAY WELL AWAY, YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR TIME AND MOST IMPORTANTLY YOUR MONEY.!!

Operations team is pathetic.!!

At first they give your some high figures of income that you can achieve. But never it’s achievable. Iv met around 25 drivers across both their platform and one thing is each driver has said... no one knows the exact calculations of what your earning. Some days it’s better staying at home rather to spend money and time of fuel. What ever they promise you, deduct 35-45% That’s what you will be getting. It’s totally misleading and their management is incredibly the worst Iv come across.

Pros

If it’s your first ever job and not fussed about pay.

Cons

They dont pay accordingly, 5 Staff members including management have lied openly.!!

Worst experience ever

If you are looking for a freezing place where to spent 10h per day five days per week and you like to wash toilets after third world driver's is the right place. If you have no dignity and you are familiar to lie your colleagues is brilliant. They put you to lie the workers at hirings about salary and dates of payments its your dream job. lies t

Pros

Warehouse team

Always on the move!

I applied and got a call in under a day. They invited me to a session the day after (which was so much quicker than expected). I ended up working in under 48 hours - much quicker than some other companies I've worked for. Early days, but good so far! :)

Nice Company!

Great company to work for. A few things to be improved, but that's to be expected given they're young. If I offer feedback, I know its taken seriously and that they're eager to help. I recommend Laundryheap.

Satisfactory

Decent job for extra hours of work, however in terms of clarity and what the job entails; the company needs to-do more work. Self-employed role questionable ( pick your shift, provide your own van but they dictate your route)

Pros

Cancel shift with 24hrs notice

Cons

Poor management, not sustainable job

– 2 October 2019
Hi There, Thank you for the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you've been frustrated with out platform, however, we are intending on making some changes on order to better support our fleet of couriers. Some things we have or will do are:1) Our Fleet Team is under new management 2) We're moving to a slot selection system, rather than slot allocation (as at current)3) We're currently in the process of a pay review to ensure we're paying our couriers a fair amount 4) We're in the process of changing our per task payment system to give greater transparency5) We're in the process of re-designing our invoice system to reflect that greater transparencyWith respect to the "dictating your route", we have a team who go through each zone trying to optimise the route based on delivery windows and distance to next job in an attempt to reduce the time spent completing it (and making our courier's lives easier). When you're completing a slot, if you feel the route is incorrect or could be improved, we welcome you to contact our Live Support Team who may be able to make changes. Once again, thank you for getting in touch! We welcome you to discuss this feedback in more depth with us, so please feel free to get in touch with us via scout@laundryheap.com. Thanks, Quaid!

Unsure of this startup

Support and communication is done over email or a whatsapp group with people from uk or India depending on time or day, work is not consistent, I went 3 weeks without a single shift and was told it's because AM blocks are rare but 3weeks before that and after that they had no issues giving me work. Pay is discret with a very bad breakdown report system were its unclear how much your actually getting paid per task as you do not get paid by the hour but per task. They do not tell you if you got a bonus or a penalty charge. You have to somehow work this out on your own. Also they constantly add more tasks to your route as your working, sometimes 10 to 15miles away from your current location and apperently your the only driver in the whole of London that can pick it up.... Alot of improving is required from this company as it's not structured very well for the uk market.

Pros

Sometimes you can finish work in 2 to 3hrs

Cons

Everything else.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Laundryheap?

Rubbish place to work

It’s a rubbish job good for quick cash at the time really messes up your car and your social life they don’t give you enough shifts then ask you to cover last minute

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Long hours and car problems

– 28 June 2019
Hi, thanks for your feedback.Please be aware this is a contract role with weekly rota provided in advance allowing the candidate to manage different commitments.

The person who is interviewing drivers is impolite

You need to pay your congestion charge by yourself. the first 3 hours training is unpaid for free. the person who is interviewing drivers is impolite, does not respect other (rude) all this for £12 per hours (you and your insurance, road tax, congestion charges) for £12/hour Good luck

– 28 June 2019
Hi, thanks for your feedback.However, this does not reflect our training system nor payment method.