Laundryheap

Laundryheap Work-life balance reviews

Clear
2.2Pay & benefits

Not £13 ph at all

I worked here a few months back and to be honest they always push more work loads on you knowing you’ll go over your pay time. They expect you to do these huge workloads for free dwindling your wage down to near £7ph on most days and you pay for your fuel out of that as their fuel payment is only a mere 15p per mile whereas other more reputable delivery companies pay at least £1 per mile as standard.Their route planners are based all the way in India who clearly don’t understand distances, traffic or roadworks here or that there’s more 20 mph zones in London since 2019 making delivery times between each drop mostly well over 30 mins each.They promise a bonus of £4 per drop if you’re delivering over 20 items in 5 hours but give you just below so you never really get that bonus.Distance is a big issue here as you’ll be expected to drive near 80 to well over 100 miles within a 5 hour shift with around 18/19 stops and often the stops are miles apart from each other.They expect you to deliver or pick items well after 10pm often 11pm and beyond and clients aren’t very happy with the late visits and are often agitated and very unhappy with you arriving so late at night, again this comes down to very poor management and the fact that the teams in India clearly don’t understand that people in uk do not like to open doors to people late at night after 9/10pm onwards, management need to seriously look into this as it is a general safety issue.The facilities where you’re made to pick up are a total mess with zero organisation and nothing to help you to make it easier, you’re made to -

Pros

Cons

Very long hours

Always on the move!

I applied and got a call in under a day. They invited me to a session the day after (which was so much quicker than expected). I ended up working in under 48 hours - much quicker than some other companies I've worked for. Early days, but good so far! :)

Nice Company!

Great company to work for. A few things to be improved, but that's to be expected given they're young. If I offer feedback, I know its taken seriously and that they're eager to help. I recommend Laundryheap.

Rubbish place to work

It’s a rubbish job good for quick cash at the time really messes up your car and your social life they don’t give you enough shifts then ask you to cover last minute

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Long hours and car problems

– 28 June 2019
Hi, thanks for your feedback.Please be aware this is a contract role with weekly rota provided in advance allowing the candidate to manage different commitments.

Jobs at Laundryheap