LDC Care Co
Happiness score is 36 out of 100

LDC Care Co Reviews: Working at LDC Care Co

United Kingdom41 reviews

Your experiences here depend on the service you work in and the management you get.

Poor induction when starting out, left to your own devices with little support. Long hours and expected to work more than contacted. Poor management and some staff are just plain rude and unhelpful. There are good training and career opportunities if you want to progress and don’t mind giving up your life to achieve this. Poor pay structure, under 21’s get paid a pittance for the work they do. I have met some great staff though but they are far and few between and are usually the youngest who are taken advantage of.

Cons

Long hours, lack of communication and support, not listened to, poor confidentiality

For a Care company it's very short on Care ..

Erm where do you start....often you will get no support from management when issues arise or eventually when you have had enough and ask repeatedly to move service due to ongoing issues. When you say you are going to look for another job their attitude was they either don't believe you or don't care and yet once you have handed your notice in you are basically begged to stay. You can be moved from the service you are based at with no notice to cover absent or non existent staff at other challenging services where you are expected to lone work even if you have no or minimal knowledge of the individual you are supposed to support,not only do you have to accept this but it also impacts the staff and individuals at the service you were working at originally. Services are often running on such low staff numbers you are put at risk and it makes it impossible for the individuals you are supposed to be supporting to leave the service for activities .....Breaking up staff teams that work well both for the individuals being supported and the staff teams due to taking on more sometimes very challenging individuals without actually having a staff team for them.Basically money talks and comes first...decent care for the individuals supported and respect for staff a very poor second.Oh and on the subject of money you will frequently be paid incorrectly due to the totally unfit for purpose clocking in system used .I can't understand why so many staff escape and then go back .....I'd literally have to be on the streets before I'd consider it...

Pros

Overtime if wanted

Cons

Basically everything else...

Caring company that offers good opportunity for progression

LDC is a family run company that has service users best interests at heart. It is refreshing to see a company to support service users to develop there skill and who don't give up on them when things aren't going so well.There are opportunities to progress and attain qualifications and several of the management roles are filled by people who have developed through the company. The company recently did a month where it recognised employees and it uses social media to tell the good stories and celebrate the success or both staff and service user they also use this to keep families up to date and connected to the company.

Pros

Service Users outcomes, staff development and training and ability to progress.

Cons

Work hours can be long this is usual for care work

Depressing, stressful, disrespectful and care about nothing but money

You have to ask yourself before anything. “Why does LDC have so many vacancies?” The answer to that question is simple. LDC is one of the most depressing, stressful, disrespectful and money grabbing companies I have ever worked for and quiet frankly ever known!First off, my induction alone was just that. Alone! I’d never worked in care before and I was left alone with service users that are known to have violent behaviours on my first day when I was supposed to be shadowing. With in the first few day I was completing personal care alone, was never shown how to achieve safety standards and just pretty much thrown in at the deep end to get on with it.Upon joining you will have to fill in a care certificate and complete it with in 3 months, this is mandatory but that is the case throughout the sector. However, you will be given no help on this. You are expected to research the entire thing yourself with no support. That okay, it’s pretty easy and strait forward. What isn’t on though is the fact you will be charged £150 if you leave the company before completing this. That’s being charged £150 for a paper booklet that are printed off on mass with no support whatsoever to complete it within your own personal down time. This charge is outlined in your contract. Word of warning, read your contract in every single detail because they have you over a barrel on many aspects.Your rota will be a constant fight to try and access a full month at a time so you can plan your life around work like normal people have to do. I’ve had situations where I’ve had to hound managers for a rota -

Pros

Cons

Minimum legal annual leave, standard rate for all bank holidays and majority of national holiday, no sick pay, no compassion pay, no support, lacklustre training

Awful just awful

From the moment you start you are added to a WhatsApp group for the service you are working at, which is mainly used by staff to post their own gripes or for management to criticize the staff for whatever reason the feel like. The management are all incredibly young and parade around with an undeserved sense of accomplishment, making all staff cover as many hours as possible and dragging morale down to the gutter. The support the staff receive is either minimal or non existent and you are made to feel that you should be lucky you have a job with the company, which is just a massive contradiction in itself. Awful company, awful management, awful hours - Avoid at all costs, Management are so unprofessional and will go out of their way to push people out if they don't "fit in" the people who work at head office are vile and unsupportive, you WILL REGRET WORKING HERE.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

stressful

This company does not appreciate their staff at all. They pull staff from pillar to post and then leave you to get on with it, Managers try and support however they are too stressed out with their own work to be able to help the staffThe moral of staff is at an extreme lowThe majority of the company is looking for a new job including myself.Its put me off working in care completely

Pros

Cons

long hours, low money, no support

Not so good

Had a negative experience over all with the work and management. A lot of stress and no balance of life and work. Pay is good only of you work a lot and back to back.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no support

Work life balance.

I have read many negative reports on LDC and unfortunately there is a lot that rings true.From my personal perspective I found your were near the end of the week and the new rota was set to start on the following Monday the new rota was not published so planning any sort of personal life was impossible when I approached my service lead and or my area manager to find out when it would be published the lack of any sort of positive response was disrespectful!The company promotes anybody who make the right noises and these people lord it up and take great delight between themselves disrespecting each other.You can get to work and find you have been redeployed to another house which is often to the detriment of the people we were caring for causing behaviours and disruption to their lives.You should be prepared to work long hours and be expected to do meaningless activities with the service users to make it look good on paper. If you get behaviours from the Service users you need to record those behaviours but got no advice around the behaviours to offer any form of positive support.All in all I felt unsupported and under valued and negativity was the way that your service lead would control you.Such a shame because it should have been a good company to work for but sadly nothing near that in reality.I was meant to be offered the chance to do an exit questionnaire which never happened........

Pros

Good pay rate

Cons

Everything else

Poor company to work for

Don’t listen to you when you ask for help, when you leave they tell you you owe them money which is wrong, and they tell you you will be working at one place and base you somewhere else. Between training, HR and management they haven’t got a clue. And when u try to explain to then that you are thinking about leaving there reply isn’t very helpful. Worst company I have ever worked for. Wouldn’t go back there for all the tea in China.

Pros

Cons

Long hours and not supported

Awful management and lack of care for staff

Sometimes you won’t get paid the right amount owed and they’ll fight not to give it to you. Management don’t care if you get beat up by residents. Clients that are a 2:1 service generally only have 1:1 service as the company tries to save money on staff. If you clock in 15 mins before or after your shift then your pay rate automatically falls to zero which means you don’t get payed for the whole day which would normally be 15hr shift. Staff feelUnsupported by management.

Pros

Service users

Cons

No care shown towards residents, it’s all about how much money they make.

Hard work

LDC can a fast past environment. Everyday is different, depending on your manager depends on the level of support. The hours are long and it’s hard to switch off after a long day. Training opportunities are provided. Always over time available. Guaranteed contracted hours.

Pros

Training and overtime

Cons

Long hours. Not always support

Ldc you don’t get any help or support from your manager or team leaders.

Don’t get any help or support from management or team leaders, money isn’t that good unless you are in supported living which you work all day and do a sleep in which you get paid for but the only problem with working alone is no one will come out and help you out they leave you to deal with everything your self.

Pros

There isn’t any pros

Cons

No help from management

Fantastic opportunities and a family run business that truly cares

I have worked for LDC for 7 years. In that time I have been given more opportunities then I could ever have imagined. The company have supported me to work my way up and gain so many qualifications on the way.Working closely with the senior management team, I can only stress how much the service users are so cared for and loved by all that are involved in there care. The management team are always exploring ways To support the care team in feeling valued and appreciated, and this is a clear focus each and every day.The company has developed strategically and carefully over the years, and has since become a well established network of services, whilst maintaining that all important family dynamic and ethos.LDC is a fantastic company, and I have personally encouraged my own family and friends to join over the years because I know what a amazing experience they will have!

Pros

Service users, management, salary, bonus scheme, company ethos

Awful just awful

From the moment you start you are added to a WhatsApp group for the service you are working at, which is mainly used by staff to post their own gripes or for management to criticize the staff for whatever reason the feel like. The management are all incredibly young and parade around with an undeserved sense of accomplishment, making all staff cover as many hours as possible and dragging morale down to the gutter. The support the staff receive is either minimal or non existent and you are made to feel that you should be lucky you have a job with the company, which is just a massive contradiction in itself. Awful company, awful management, awful hours - Avoid at all costs.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Great service users and staff!

Induction was really thorough and I have been given so much extra training. I have learnt so much and will be doing a qcf. There are lots of opportunities across the whole company.

Pros

Training! Loads of overtime available.

Difficult at times

I pick up a lots of experience while working at LDC. The management team would not return any calls, when they did you was told to get on with it. Care staff are lovely

Pros

Sleep shifts bump up you wages

Cons

24hrs to 48hrs shifts.

good company

Could company and amazing staff teams. Very supportive. This is my second time working for LDC and I can definitely say it has improved. The work life balance works well for me.

Pros

amazing and supportive staff

Cons

as like most care jobs the pay could be better

25 August 2020
Thank you for your review, we pride ourselves on the level of care that we provide to both our service users and staff. It is always nice to read such a positive review!

Disgusting

Dysfunctional, depressing. Where to begin! You have management constantly ignore you and chuck you in the deep end. They expect you to stay on shift for days on end when the next staff do not arrive. HR fob off any complaints, pass it to management so it doesn’t get resolved. Management discuss other staffs private information with other staff which is a completely breach of confidentiality and pick and chose who they reply to and what staff they want to help. Minimum wage and you get treated like absolute dirt. Service users are mixed with people they should not be which does not benefit them at all. The company only care about the money they are making. NOT the level of care being provided to service users.

Pros

What pros?

Cons

Wage, no respect, no dignity

20 July 2020
Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We have formal and informal procedures for managing such concerns however it is disappointing that they do not appear to have been used on this occasion. We would love for you to make contact with us to discuss your concerns, please contact HR on 01303 276 000.

not enjoyable

The management fails to act professionally and bullies its staff. Frequently staff are forced to work additional hours the same day (usually because a member of management has failed to provide cover). Like wise their ability to conduct respectful conversations with members of the public is extremely lacking.... The staff also are consistent in one place and if your 'NEW' and they don't like you that's it your gone!! management consistently bicker amongst other management about members of staff that are new to the job and are just getting there barrings, they don't provide the correct support or guidance to when they put you on your first shift your just expected to get on with it, even when it comes down to 'personal care'... the training is supposedly 2 weeks, which consisted of power-point presentations... the lady conduction this is absolutely amazing can't fault her! but again was cut short and expected to go into service, and know how to deal with challenging behaviour. It has been noted that some staff were requested to work a 12 hour shift and then immediately begin a 12 hour night shift. No breaks allowed during either of these periods, simply because they believe going for a cigarette is classed as your break... may i ask what about people who don't smoke? overall this is a company that doesn't care or have respect for its employees, and if a job in care is what your after, id look else where!

20 July 2020

Rewarding, Fun and Challenging in the best ways!

No two days are the same, our service users are all amazing in their own special ways. There are down days but that happens every where. The company itself prices on ensuring that the quality of life for our service users is the best we can give. Management are there for the staff team when needing advice, support and general guidance. It’s one big family. And personally, I wouldn’t change it for the world

Good team work .

Good and supportive team work . We will get full training in head office and will support you in everything. They will teach you about how to solve problem and inform to your Maneger or other staffs.

27 July 2020

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LDC Care Co. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement