Leaders Romans Group
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Leaders Romans Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom130 reviews

Productive but lacking work-life balance

It self Leaders is great company with opportunity to grow, in my branch just no luck of management. Managers just care about the numbers, not about staff.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, bad management

26 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear your feedback. We are disappointed to hear your concerns about the role. If you are comfortable to do so, please contact our HR Department - hrdepartment@lrg.co.uk to discuss it further. Thanks again.

Negative

Best decision I ever made was to leave this company. They changed my contract without my consent several times to up my hours with NO pay increase. After speaking by to my branch manager several times that this was making it difficult for my work/ family life balance with younger children he would say he was in the process of sorting it and did nothing about it. They would not accommodate a slight change of hours after my maternity leave (one hour a day) and when they did negotiate they dropped my wage BELOW minimum wage ‘because they can’, the wage they offered was laughable, it wouldn’t have even made it worth me coming back. I committed 4 years to this company and gave more than I ever got back. I would personally never return to work for Leaders after my experience .

Insights into Leaders Romans Group

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Fast paced but lovely working environment

Working in teams, administration roles, just enough to stretch your brain without overloading it, nice working team and nice environment. Pays more than minimum wage, mixture between homeworking and office-based works fantastic

Pros

Homeworking available

Cons

Can be very fast paced

25 July 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We work hard to ensure the right working environment is there. We all spend a lot of time at work during our week so it's important to have the best environment. We will review your feedback regarding it being fast paced. Thank you for providing this.

Poor management

No structure whatsoever unless your working more than your required your not noticed they value nobody everyone is replaceable and they are very vocal about that. Very gossipy environment and also very excluding definitely don’t welcome people from different backgrounds to themselves and a very hostile environment and toxic

25 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are disappointed to hear your feedback and take a review like yours very seriously. If you feel comfortable to, please email the HR Department - hrdepartment@lrg.co.uk and a member of the HR team will discuss it with to ensure this is looked into. Thank you.

Disappointing

First 3 years were great, then it went corporate, if targets are not met you are hit through your wages. Staff are promoted to management if your a yes man & willing to lie to get staff fired & even with little experience. I worked for them for 51/2 some colleagues are great & supportive. HR don't answer letters when they are sent recorded delivery & managers from a former office ignore requests for a personal file that was used as a threat to hit targets. If managers & HR don't want to know then I guess you have to go straight to the top man.

25 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so sorry to hear the points you have raised in your feedback. We take matters like this very seriously and if you would feel comfortable too, HR would like to take the time to understand your concerns and ensure they are dealt with. Please email hrdepartment@lrg.co.uk. Thank you again.

Low pay, stressful, long unpaid hours, abandoned from the start

I've never had a job pay so little and cost so much. You are not managed or trained adequately rushed through a induction process. Sent on alot of cold leads as a valuer and expected to do jobs I'm not trained for. They expect you to run your vehicles in to the ground for them to take ages to pay you for fuel you have paid for. Even though there is no qualification needed to be either a valuer or sales you will be forced to take a apprenticeship so they can pay you as little as possible. Comission structure changed as soon as I started and not for the better. The companies that you are forced to promote for services are usually expensive and unreliable compared to others. Probably a good job for a school leaver who lives with parents, definitely not any one who has any bills to pay

Pros

Get to wear a suit to work, some nice colleagues

Cons

Long hours, rubbish pay even with bonus, stress and lack of support

25 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so sorry to hear that you have not had the best experience with us. You have raised concerns around low pay, long hours and not feeling supported in the role. We take feedback such as this seriously and would like to hear your view on this in more detail. If you feel comfortable to, please contact our HR Department - hrdepartment@lrg.co.uk and a member of the HR team will discuss it with you further. Thanks again for your valued feedback. It will be discussed in our next management meeting.

Just awful

Awful company do not go near. Dreadful If there was a negative I would have taken that option. I didn't get paid my expenses and they took my work car that evening so I had to walk home.

25 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so sorry for hear you did not have the best experience at LRG. Please do email the HR Department - hrdepartment@lrg.co.uk and we can investigate the points you have raised around your expenses and the business vehicle. Thanks again.

Worst place I have ever worked!

Dreadful company to work for! Absolutely no organisation, unappreciated, under paid, over worked and the people were absolutely vile! Very clicky and unwelcoming. I dreaded coming in each day and ended up going off sick very early on!

Pros

Leaving the company!

Cons

Everything!

25 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed to hear your concerns and we take your points very seriously. If you are comfortable to do so, please contact our HR Department - hrdepartment@lrg.co.uk to discuss it further. Thanks again.

Love it

I started working for leaders a month ago and have enjoyed every moment. You'll be surprised how quickly you start to pick things up and for someone interested in property this is the job for you. Work life is competitive but fun.

25 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased to hear you have settled in well and you are enjoying your time at LRG! Having a good work environment is so important to us. Thanks for sharing your experience.

If I could give zero I would

If I could give zero I would. I started in a brand new department on the same day as another new starter, creating legal documents which we were told had to be perfect, we received half an hours training while we quickly scribbled some garbled notes in a notebook and that was the extent of our training!! No formal training, no workbooks to refer to, nothing. We were then left to our own devices to just muddle through and mistakes pointed out when you’d completed your work, which then needed redoing. I asked my manager for help and she agreed but none came, the people are lovely but too busy doing their own jobs to spend any time with you. I quit after 2 days

Pros

Parking

Cons

Zero training, minimum wage for a stressful job

26 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so sorry to hear that you have not had the best experience with us. You have raised concerns around low pay, long hours, poor training and not feeling supported in the role. We take feedback such as this seriously and would like to hear your view on this in more detail. If you feel comfortable to, please contact our HR Department - hrdepartment@lrg.co.uk and a member of the HR team will discuss it with you further. Thanks again for your valued feedback. It will be discussed in our next management meeting.

Great work colleagues and team morale.

You will spend most of your life here and the pay is terrible. Long days, lots of stress and although the training is often promotions feel unachievable. As a property manager be prepared to earn the least money out of everyone.

Pros

Great team morale, company cares about you.

Cons

Long hours, terrible wage

26 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so sorry to hear that you have not had the best experience with us. You have raised concerns about low pay, long hours and training. We take feedback such as this seriously and would like to hear your view on this in more detail. If you feel comfortable to, please contact our HR Department - hrdepartment@lrg.co.uk and a member of the HR team will discuss it with you further. Thanks again for your valued feedback.

Poor salary and too corporate

Terrible wages, basic salary under minimum wage. I relied on commission to make my wages up to the minimum they have to pay by law so no incentives. Over the 7 years I have worked at Leaders the company have changed massively. Used to love my job when I first started but went downhill after good staff got made redundant just before Christmas to make an admin hub at head office. Everything used to be done in branch but more and more now done at head office where you come across constant hurdles and no personal service. All the staff at the branch are lovely and I think the reason everyone stays but over time it just isn’t enough

Pros

Lovely staff in the office, friendly atmosphere

Cons

Poor basic salary, big company changes over time. Ever changing system procedures it’s hard to keep up!

26 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed to hear your feedback regarding the pay and changes. We take all reviews seriously and like to hear any further feedback you could provide. If you would feel comfortable to, we would like to organise a time to discuss it further. Please email our HR department at hrdepartment@lrg.co.uk. Thanks again for your feedback.

Excellent place to work

Leaders is wonderful employer, if you are ready to work, learn and progress. There is plenty of training, support and tools provided to help you to achieve best results, however, you need to be ready to work for it, as market is very competitive and fast paced

Pros

Training and opportunities

19 November 2021
Thank you for leaving a review. It is great to hear you value the training, support and tools available. Our training team was nominated for 2 Personnel Today awards in 2021. Nicola - HR team

Extremely happy

I love working for this company and have a superb and very supportive line manager who promotes a strong culture. We have a very clear growth plan and this is very well communicated, we all work very hard to achieve this and we do work in a very very busy environment, to support this we work hard and play hard, the recognition is better than I have ever known, the prizes, awards and rewards are second to none in my opinion. The talent within the group is endless and ever growing & increasing

Pros

Support, ambitious, vision, training, qualifications, unclipped wings, ears to listen, guidance, assistance and more

Cons

I personally don't have any

19 November 2021
Thank you for your wonderful review. It's great to hear that you feel very supported by your line manager and are enjoying our strong culture and working alongside great people. Nicola - HR team

Great for opportunities

Work hard and reap the rewardsOpportunities to progress Fun combined with focus and hard work Endless opportunities for learning and development …apply!!!

Pros

Opportunities galore

19 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, encouraging others to explore our great company. Nicola - HR team

Management don't care how stressed you are

The job is stressful, management don't care about staff being anxious and in tears. Staff retention is rubbish. I would have given zero stars if that would have been possible

Pros

Cons

everything, don't bother applying!

1 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I am disappointed to read that you did not feel supported. As a company, staff wellbeing is very important along with team work and support for all. I'll make sure your feedback is shared with our Senior Management team so they are aware. Thank you again for your review. Nicola- HR Team

Clicky and pretentious

Basically if you don't fit in their box, don't expect to be accepted in to their click. The department I worked in made no effort to make me feel part of the team or welcome. I spent most days ignored and given the dogs body jobs they didn't want to do. They had no time to fully train me so just fobbed me off with their scraps of work. Employed as a sales negotiator yet the whole time I was there I was basically used as an administrator/PA to the very pretentious assistant manager.Expected to be on a morning meeting bang on your start time and to be in the office atleaat 25 mins early to prepare for it, but don't get paid any extra for that time. I even got the blame for someone else's mistake which is what they used as as excuse to let me go, instead of just being honest and saying they didn't think I was right for the job. Honesty is the best policy if you ask me. I would never work for these people again...

Pros

Onsite parking

Cons

Long hours, not appreciated, lied to about job role, OTE that are impossible unless you've been there in excess of 5yrs. Almost cult like company

1 November 2021
Thank you for your feedback, which is important to us. If you did not raise your concerns while working for us, please do contact hrdepartment@lrg.co.uk We do take all feedback seriously and any negative feedback is of concern to us, and will be shared with senior leadership. Thanks Nicola -HR team.

Awful

Poor management. Have their favourites. No help, made to feel stupid. Like being at school. Constantly going for 'meetings' when in fact it's clear they just go shopping.

Pros

Cons

Management, no help

1 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We pride ourselves on our company wide induction and would like all new joiners to feel very much supported locally with a local training plan and regular one to ones. Please feel free to contact hrdepartment@lrg.co.uk. I will pass your feedback onto senior leadership. Nicola - HR team.

Supportive, driven, career progression, staff welfare

Great environment, supportive management, lots of regular training courses, approachable, professional, passionate and trustworthy. I love my job and wouldn't say there was a particularly hard aspect. The most enjoyable part is getting out and meeting new landlords, educating clients and staff, providing guidance for my team and creating a positive working environment.

Pros

Career progression

1 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased to hear that you love your job and are being well supported to develop your career ! Nicola - HR team

Good Place to work

Haven’t been here too long but already loving it, it can be high stress but the team I am a part of is fantastic. Manager is very understanding and kind which of course helps. Only issue can be how work is divided, especially with viewings, however we have to work with less staff in office due to covid so this is understandable

Pros

Great Team

Cons

Time Management

1 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are settling well and loving your role. Wishing you a wonderful career with us - Nicola -HR team.

Fantastic

Absolutely fantastic company to work for. In my opinion LRG provide a fantastic platform for staff to turn personal passions into a careers. I have enjoyed working for the company and think the recognition and training offered is by far the best offered within the property industry.

Pros

Recognition

1 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am so pleased to hear you are enjoying your career and the training on offer. Nicola - HR team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leaders Romans Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Leaders Romans Group with

Learn about Leaders Romans Group in popular locations

• Leaders Romans Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?