Leaders Romans Group

Leaders Romans Group Employee Reviews

I used to work here, left due to low salary. Friendly teams to work with, would work for again if they paid more. If money isn't important to you, I recommend. More recognition for when you do well at job.
Pros
Friendly, solid company
Cons
Low salary, high turnover of staff
there may not (appear to) be a glass ceiling here but there is defo a coloured one.Management have no idea and lots of conflict within themselves,they always hire from within even if they are not fit for the role.Keep complimenting people (or licking as*), even as a 'Will' apprentice, and you will go far, or be rude and that will work too!
Pros
flex
Cons
racist
24 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive culture and take concerns of this manner extremely seriously. We urge you to contact our HR team with further detail so we’re able to investigate. Please contact HRDepartment@LRG.co.uk
Hated working here from day one. Completely disorganised company. Took nearly two weeks to get log in details so just sat around being told stuff that didn’t really sink in as couldn’t use the systems. Management aren’t supportive and the company only cares about how much money it makes not the people working for it. The office environment was shocking for such a large company, dirty mouldy and basically falling apart. Only worked here for a short period of time but it was the worst professional/corporate experience I’ve ever had. People were stressed out constantly. Crying. Arguing. Swearing in offices and in meetings all day. Not a nice company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, massive workload, no support, lack of proper training, face fits environment...
16 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your time working for us. We would be interested to understand more and encourage you to raise any concerns you had with the HR Department for further investigation. If you have anything you would like to discuss further, please contact us on HRDepartment@LRG.co.uk
24 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We care very much about employee wellbeing and workplace culture. We take concerns of this manner extremely seriously and urge you to contact our HR team with further detail so we’re able to investigate. Please contact HRDepartment@LRG.co.uk
Very disorganised from the very beginning, which got progressively worse to a point where we were left with 2 staff out of 5, which meant that work conditions were horrendous. Staffing issue did get resolved after about 8 months, but was a very difficult process. Massive lack of adequate training and very much a case of if your face fits, rather than ability.
Pros
Made a lovely friend
Cons
Long hours and a weekend day regularly
16 February 2021
Leaders used to be a fairly decent place when I first started, but then it all went pear shaped when they merged with Romans. The salaries were so inconsistent - there were junior members of staff being paid higher salaries and commission than people who had been with the company for years. However, you were always made to feel like you were pushing your luck if you questioned this. Never heard anything from Area Management unless they were unhappy about something. There was just very little support and respect, for a fairly depressing salary, which was ultimately why I left. This may just have been my region though a lot of the issues stemmed from higher management so I doubt it.
Pros
Relaxed breaks & lunches
Cons
Low salary, high stress, very little support
16 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We do have an open culture and encourage staff to raise any concerns with management or the HR department. I'm sorry that you had some concerns and felt this way. If you have anything you would like to discuss further, please contact HR via HRDepartment@LRG.co.uk
My experience is just about the office I worked at and is probably not typical for the whole company. The working hours are 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch. No flexible working as the office is open from 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday.Was quite stressful as there were a lot of phone calls to take as well as doing day to day property management tasks. There didn't appear to be a structured induction process. The language used by some staff members was quite poor with a lot of swearing. Sometimes it made me feel quite uncomfortable.The whole office is very sales orientated and competitive. I learned I would much rather work in social housing especially as this is my background. I worked at the office for 8 weeks then was put on furlough for 4 months and my contract was ended at the end of my furlough period. I don't think this was handled well by anyone in the office or the HR department.
16 February 2021
Thank you for your review. We do run a induction course for all staff and we have an in house training team that cover a comprehensive range of courses. There were some disruptions in August 2020 company wide due to Covid altering working arrangements. We are sorry you did not have a positive experience. We aim to have strong staff communications at all times and a positive wok environment.
High turnover of staff, full of gossip between staff and other branches Stressful No career development unless you're in the clique 0/10 do not recommend
Pros
an hour lunch break
Cons
Drama and gossip, lack of management to staff communication, no career development, stressful environment
23 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your time working for us. We would encourage you to raise any concerns you had with the HR Department for further investigation. If you have anything you would like to discuss further, please contact us on HRDepartment@LRG.co.uk
Horrible company and horrific wages. Management does not care absolute staff at all and let bullying take place in the offices and don’t do anything about it because of favouritism. So much laziness goes on but again, it’s okay when it’s the favourites.
23 June 2020
Thank you for your review. Ensuring our employees have a fair workload and good work life balance is very important to us. As an organisation, we ensure that nobody is discriminated against and encourage communication throughout the business so that any concerns such as with workloads for example can be resolved. We wish you the best for the future.
The company is a rapidly growing and competitive company. Brilliant strategies. Great people. Knowledgable staff. Tight deadlines. Dynamic company and environment. Everyday posed an opportunity to learn.
16 February 2021
This is great to hear. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
16 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us.
Over the years I have worked in different branches, some branches were more relaxed than others. As a Saturday Homeguide for over 8 years, I can say that over the years the company has become more corporate as it has grown. Some branches (that I have worked in), still have the personal touch to there customers and clients, and I feel that is what made Leaders special in their field. I left to find a full time role, and spend more time at weekends with my family.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Leaders Romans Group?
Friendly company to work for with great management. Varied work in a lively workforce. Both team and individual work is encouraged with much support given.
You will experience a variety throughout each working day. The company has a lot of good morals and incentives that build a good competitive environment.
Pros
Good award incentives
Cons
Long hours and smaller teams than previous years although the same results are expected
The working environment and culture is good. Good opportunity to make a difference and take ideas forward. Friendly staff that also contribute well to community activities.Leadership are open to change and appreciate ideas. Good investment in people. Collaborative working environment.
Pros
Opportunity to progress, Friendly people, Positive culture
We have had a lot of change in the last 10 years. I enjoy my job and working with our team but they have changed procedures and computer systems and they are not working great so frustrating. Looking for other employment and a possible change and challenge. HR support is brilliant.
Pros
2 weeks extra holiday gained for achieving 10 years service.
Cons
Computer systems failing
Friendly staff and people, everyone gets on. Everyone chips in and helps good day to day tasks set enjoyed working there. Management were also friendly
really loved working here, would love to work here again, however some personal issues set me back. Great company. provided a great training course to only get better in that job role!
Very professional, helpful and friendly company who Will support and encourage you to challenge yourself and achieve your goals. Perfect company to further your career
Fast pace day with organising tasks for the day and appointments. Targets to achieve but within a healthy environment. Prioritising workload and achieving targets.
If you do your best then you get rewarded with commission. Customers aren't the best within this industry in this area. Can be a great team atmosphere and great office environment.
Would not recommend them to work for. Too much work and not the hours to do it in. Most work a 12 hours a day instead of the 8 hours contracted and still can't keep on top of the work load.
Property Management of two sites merged into one, loads of problems coming from the other site, extremely busy, would be very stressful for some people but I did not stress myself as that would not help with anything. Overall, I really enjoyed the position, learnt a lot. I would not mind at all to go back but as I do not like being in customer service, it is very unlikely I will ever go back to Property Management at such a large scale. But never say never, right? However, I am managing my own properties. That was actually the main reason taking the position. It was very much worth it.