Leaders Romans Group

Leaders Romans Group Employee Reviews for Property Manager

Friendly staff and people, everyone gets on. Everyone chips in and helps good day to day tasks set enjoyed working there. Management were also friendly
Very disorganised from the very beginning, which got progressively worse to a point where we were left with 2 staff out of 5, which meant that work conditions were horrendous. Staffing issue did get resolved after about 8 months, but was a very difficult process. Massive lack of adequate training and very much a case of if your face fits, rather than ability.
Pros
Made a lovely friend
Cons
Long hours and a weekend day regularly
Official response from Leaders Romans Group
16 February 2021
I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your time working for us. We would encourage you to raise any concerns you had with the HR Department for further investigation. If you have anything you would like to discuss further, please contact us on HRDepartment@LRG.co.uk
My experience is just about the office I worked at and is probably not typical for the whole company. The working hours are 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch. No flexible working as the office is open from 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday.Was quite stressful as there were a lot of phone calls to take as well as doing day to day property management tasks. There didn't appear to be a structured induction process. The language used by some staff members was quite poor with a lot of swearing. Sometimes it made me feel quite uncomfortable.The whole office is very sales orientated and competitive. I learned I would much rather work in social housing especially as this is my background. I worked at the office for 8 weeks then was put on furlough for 4 months and my contract was ended at the end of my furlough period. I don't think this was handled well by anyone in the office or the HR department.
Official response from Leaders Romans Group
16 February 2021
Thank you for your review. We do run a induction course for all staff and we have an in house training team that cover a comprehensive range of courses. There were some disruptions in August 2020 company wide due to Covid altering working arrangements. We are sorry you did not have a positive experience. We aim to have strong staff communications at all times and a positive wok environment.
Property Management of two sites merged into one, loads of problems coming from the other site, extremely busy, would be very stressful for some people but I did not stress myself as that would not help with anything. Overall, I really enjoyed the position, learnt a lot. I would not mind at all to go back but as I do not like being in customer service, it is very unlikely I will ever go back to Property Management at such a large scale. But never say never, right? However, I am managing my own properties. That was actually the main reason taking the position. It was very much worth it.
Lack of teamwork and corporate company that does not care about the welfare or well-being of their staff. I received barely any training whatsoever, and was then dismissed due to a preventable mimstake.
I had a hard time as a Property Manager In Leaders as the support did not seem to be there. I would not rule out working in a different aspect of the company.
You are simply a number and not a valued member of staff and you are paid the bare minimum. A complete lack of organisation and management were awful with morale in the office completely non-existent. I was given several false promises to progress my career and achieve qualifications.
Pros
Cons
No support, False Promises, lack of management.
lovely company to work with, efficient and professional with a good deal of training given to any new person wishing to enter into the property world.
Pros
local
Cons
I absoloutley love working for Leaders! My role is challenging but the team I work for is more like a family and the management are so supportive! Working here is a pleasure! Best job ever!!!
Pros
Office environment
Cons
Not a great deal of training
I don’t feel the higher management are supportive and dont really care. They care more about getting business than the staff they already have which is a shame because they have great staff who work hard.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Low salary’s
Leaders is a large group of Estate Agents and therefore there is one way of doing things and that is the "Leaders" way and cannot be deviated from. The work is hard and not terribly rewarding.
I would say that working for Leaders was not a good experience, which shows as I only worked there for 5 months. My typical day was delaing with maintenance matters, paying invoices, analysis of inspection reports. Most of the staff were great, but senior property manager was difficult to work for.
Pros
Close to home and easy commute
Cons
Work satisfaction not evident
Large company, poor pay, good friends and support from management but lack of career progression. Not many perks for working for such a large company.
Pros
Good Friends
Cons
Poor Pay
I thoroughly enjoyed gaining knowledge of all aspects of property management and lettings. The responsibilities were to the landlord and tenant and to ensure that the Landord and Tenancy Act was upheld in all senarios.
I would arrive to work around 8.15am, check my messages and emails to see if there were any emergencies that needed to be dealt with immediately. After dealing with the urgent issues I would deal with any new issues that Tenants would email in or called about. Once a month I would go through the whole portfolio to check Gas Safety certificates to see all were up to date and order contractor to carry out any that were due to expire. Deal with any deposit releases that were due.
Pros
Good possibilities
Cons
Non paid overtime