Learning Curve Group

United Kingdom37 reviews

Insights into Learning Curve Group

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Fun and vibrant workplace

Great place to work very friendly from the management down. Everyone is very helpful towards each other and has a very good understanding of how to keep everyone happy.

Pros

Great communication

Fast-paced, unrealistic targets and expectations.

Dishonest managers, unfair treatment, unrealistic targets and expectations with minimum support. If any issues with your manager or a leaner etc. Communicate this to higher management or CEO, otherwise at end either you leave or they make you leave.

Cons

Had to work more any hours unpaid to meet managers demands.

A great workplace

I was the technical trainer at Learning Curve Group responsible for supporting learners achieve their Dell EMC exam and ultimately support them in achieving their apprenticeship. My job at Learning Curve Group was Data Analyst trainer. I was mostly working from home and on site on few occassions. I developed learning materials, deliver them to the learners

Pros

working from home

Cons

lone working

Excellent Career Development

When I first started at Learning Curve in 2019 I didn't have the ambition of working much longer in education or to develop my skills further to pursue career opportunities. However, upon starting working at head office as a moderator, I was quickly integrated into the quality team and given additional roles and responsibilities. I have benefited greatly from the health scheme that the company offer and whilst I was fortunate enough not to be placed on furlough during the lockdowns the company recognise the impact the pandemic was having on people and reduced our working week to 4 days. Working at Learning Curve can be challenging due to the fast pace we work so time management skills and self motivation are needed but this is also enjoyable as this challenge provides a feel good factor when you accomplish targets. This challenge and working alongside great team members, line managers and head of department lead me to apply for an IQA role which I successfully obtained. Shortly after this I was then appointed Quality Manager for Skills. This career development has happened over the course of two years due to the excellent development I have received from Learning Curve, this development has helped me further in the roles that I have had and allowed me thrive and be part of the team in a bigger way. My current workplace buddy for my new role and head of department are excellent and both give me further insight into aspects of workplace practices that are best practice, so I am always being developed further. The team that I am leading are new and are all developing together -

Pros

Excellent CPD and Career Development, Excellent health benfits offered, Great team ethos and Challenging work that motivates

Avoid at all costs!

Poor work environment, you are required to work over hours due to high case load numbers, poor management and lack of support, along with a lack of progression.Working from home during the lockdown, before this I was averaging 1500 miles a month! So be prepared to travel, no consideration for the impact of staffs mental wellbeing, no matter how many times staff raised concerns for their mental health it was always brushed under the carpet to ensure KPI where met.Requirements and expectations change on a daily, so one process put into place will change the Week after. No opportunity given to gain further qualifications, only when they made staff sign up to complete Distance Learning courses to raise money! Total lack of regards to the fact staff where working 60+hours a week and still expected to complete these courses.Honestly I would not wish this job role upon my worst enemy!

Pros

Staff try to support one another

Cons

Extreme long hours, total lack of support and care for wellbeing

A great place to work!

I am based within the Client Engagement Team at LCG. It is such an amazing company to work for, it's like a little family! You are trained based on your role, to a very high standard with constant training and CPD available, Head Office is amazing, modern and easily accessible on public transport and also has a lot of car parking spaces. Lots of great benefits: Healthcare Scheme, Fizz Fridays, Bonus'.

Great company culture

Learning Curve Group is an organisation that has a brilliant company culture. The executive team lead from the top down. No two days at work are the same - it's a fast paced environment where we're constantly on the go. People at all levels are trusted to do their job and not micro-managed. Great benefits - including staff parties etc.

Pros

Rec Area in Head Office

Cons

No flexible hours

Totally Money Driven - Very Greedy

Just money, money, money, no ethics, no regard for their staff. Don't care about any of the staff, no support, don't get back to you when they say they are looking into something, probably because they don't bother looking into it. Demand you attend meetings for half an hour even if you live a 3 hour drive away. No forward thinking, everything is last minute.

Pros

Cons

Lots

good place to work

I was only at the learning curve for a short period of time about 3 months and during this time i worked remotely. I did feel that at times there was a lack of support, especially in terms of working remotely

Pros

great xmas events and the main office was friendly

Cons

left out on a limb as worked remotely and sometimes felt not supported

13 May 2020
Thank you for your feedback and sorry that your time with us was short. As a large training provider, we educate learners across the UK and this does mean that a lot of our tutors are field or home based. We know this has its own challenges and that our tutors can sometimes feel isolated. This is something we have been working really hard to improve and have made some great progress. However, there is always room for improvement, and we would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you to see if we can be doing anything different. Please contact the Director of People, Louise Clough on louise.clough@learningcurvegroup.co.uk.

Benefits

Great place to work with great benefits including free fruit daily, pension scheme, NHS Scheme, paid mileage where applicable, vending machines and much more. Would recommended highly.

Great job for people who like to travel

Role is varied and can change drastically from one day to the next. Always on the move and travelling up and down the country. Field based so can sometimes be lonely.

12 May 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being a dedicate LCG Employee! Our inductors do a fantastic job enrolling learner’s on to our programmes across the county. It is an extremely diverse role and not always easy if you don't enjoy travel. As a current employee, your well-being is extremely important to us, so we are eager to speak to you, particularly if you are feeling overwhelmed or lonely. Please contact the Director of People, Louise Clough on louise.clough@learningcurvegroup.co.uk.

Fantastic workplace!

I have been working at LCG for coming up to 6 years and my time with the company has become better and better as years have passed. LCG, being the best training provider out there, not only care about their learners but care for the training and development of their staff. I have had so much training and support throughout my LCG journey which has helped me reach my career goals of being a coordinator and hopefully progressing even further. Although my office is very fast paced, I am rewarded on a day to day basis by the people and the feedback we receive from our learners who truly are at the centre of everything we do. You will always leave for the day knowing you have done a great job and the work you have done is truly appreciated. Working at LCG will also provide you an extended family and a great social aspect of your job role. Senior Management always have social events booked throughout the year in the calendar to encourage team building and for everyone in all different departments to get together which makes day to day aspects of the job much better. I also work in the brand new purpose built headquarters which really is an amazing workplace environment, this gives all employees a chance to catch up in our modern recreational area - complete with a pool table. LCG is a fantastic company to work for and I would recommend to anyone.

Pros

The premises, the people, the social aspect and the family you will gain

Cons

Growth of company impacts on getting to know people personally

One of the Best Employers in the UK

Learning Curve Group is an amazing company to work for. The work is challenging but in a comfortable manner, the environment is friendly and the staff even more so. There are plenty of opportunities to progress and learn (such as free training courses) and you get the chance to make some lifelong friends in your colleagues and managers. I've loved every second of working here!

fun place

an exciting work environment with many challenges such as removing waste into skips and preparing your workplace and making sure it is safe tidy and ready to be worked in at any given moment.

Learning Curve

Enjoyed working for them and work with them again. Only left as more money was on offer with a chance to move into management at a later date. Nice people

Exciting and Fast Paced

Fantastic team, great benefits and group incentives. Opportunities for new business and client retention. Job satisfaction is high and always given chances for progression.

Fantasic company. Culture was amazing. The management was great the people where great. Really drive on making the staff feel appreciated. I really enjoyed time time there and learnt a lot.

Why I think LCG is a good place to work

A typical day at work is never the same, the work environment itself is a great place to work. The people, workplace and seeing results makes it worth it. The management is great, your always provided with guidance and support if needed. Management at learning curve group have expectations like anywhere else so if your job is being completed at a good standard, they will have very little issues and push you to better yourself

Good Company - Friendly People

I Started working for Learning Curve Group in June 2019 in Client services. I joined the company after changing career from hospitality management after 17 years in the trade. Learning Curve Group has given me the chance to completely change the way I live my life in a positive way. - I have access to a structured work life which helps me balance my work and home life. Since starting my job, I have met a lot of fantastic people who genuinely have a passion for bringing the best out in people. A typical day at work consists of engaging with new people every day to see if I can assist their business with personal development and to bring out the full potential of their team. I have learned a lot about the education sector and the care sector over the past few months as these are the sectors that a lot of our flexible learning courses are aimed at. I am continuing to develop my own knowledge around Levy, Apprenticeship’s, Flexible Learning, and recently after our staff development day, I have expanded my knowledge to include how we provide traineeships and give young people a chance to get themselves setup for success when applying for jobs.  The Culture within Learning Curve Group is very based around working together to develop ourselves and others by learning. - If you work for Learning Curve Group you are family. Everyone is willing to help each other to succeed in every aspect of the business. Hardships within my role do crop up from time to time, I think that the problem I face on a day to day basis is that not everyone is aware of funding streams available -

Relaxed yet professional

I have recently joined LCG after graduating Uni in July and I have to say I was blown away from how friendly yet professional this workplace is. The Head Office looks like something you would see in Silicon Valley, with an extremely modern and sleek style inside and out. Everyone is friendly and supportive, any issues or problems you are facing you could ask anyone and they would be happy to help; even to the point where you will see directors walking around and talking to all levels of the company and asking them how they are finding things. The atmosphere is relaxed yet productive, two things I never thought could co-exist until I started working at LCG. The basic wage is £16k a year however there are many opportunities to start earning bonuses and incentive schemes and once you get the ball rolling you could be earning more than most competitors across the training industry. What makes this place so special to work is that there is absolutely no politics, no arguments or chew or anything negative; it is a great place to start a career. I would recommend anyone from all walks of life whom are searching for a job to apply for here, as to be truthfully honest you won't find many better employers out there.

Pros

Company Culture, Support, Bonuses

Cons

Low starting salary

Very fast paced

I would not recommend learning curve group as a place to work as it is too fast paced, no one has a clue what they are doing, loads of things change sometimes on a daily basis. The staff are nice but the rest of it is a shambles

27 September 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback. As a training provider, we are indeed an extremely fast paced organisation due to the ever changing landscape of the Education sector. To continue to ensure we are meeting the high standards expected of those delivering training and education, it’s important we are continually improving our practices. Only yesterday, we closed the whole business so that all 430 staff members from across the UK could get together and attend our staff development day, ensuring all our colleagues are aware of any changes and direction the business is moving in. As the Director of People, I value everyone’s opinion and naturally would be keen to have a discussion with you about some of your concerns, please email me on louise.clough@learningcurvegroup.co.uk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Learning Curve Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement