Lee Marley Brickwork

United Kingdom34 reviews

Insights into Lee Marley Brickwork

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks

Definately not the best

Started off good, good banter between the lads and easy work although far too much work for the amount of staff, went on descent for a while then the cracks start to show, staff turnover is huge, reviews and updates on progression are never done or take far longer than usaul, some cases a matter of years, fake positions are created to pass the blame and from what i saw laziness is often rewarded or ignored and the actual grafters get overlooked, a few good lads left but they wont last as the stress is building up on them, management are not supported and then told they dont perform well and are let go, tools are literally falling apart and health and safety is nowhere to be seen, potentially could be a good place but its along way from where it should be.

Pros

Half descent money for easy work

Cons

Long hours, impossible workload, awful tools

Avoid at all costs

Working with bricklayers and supervisors who have very little command of the language. Very ignorant to speak to in conversation, the workmanship is below standard with a job ethic of just get it up.

Pros

Cons

Poor management on site.

Terrible place to work

Seems all good when you 1st start. The communication in there is terrible, gone through 10 different managers in the space of about a year, they don't say your doing well. Or not so we'll. If they think your not doing so well. They won't come and tell you. They will juat let you go. None talks. And they expect you to be here, there, and everywhere, DO NOT BOTHER UNKESS YOU WANNA BE RIPPED OFF.They are not sure who or what they want.

Pros

Cons

No communication, cant settle with a manager.

Entertaining Workplace

Always stuff to contribute to round the office. Managers are helpful in career progression. Friendly atmosphere. Constantly learning new things. Days out

Worst brickwork company in London

They drop lots of people promised 180 and then paid 150. Albanian management created absolutely hateful atmosphere on their sites. I strongly recommend to avoid this company.

Productive, intense and relaxed

Been with Lee Marley now a year, it’s the best choice I made to become an apprentice as I’m learning a lot and getting different tricks and skills from the black hats on my site. I’ve enjoyed this first year and hope to enjoy many more.

Pros

Hours are great and the pay only gets better

Good work place well organised

My time working with Lee Marley Brickwork, has been first class, the methods they have in place are bang on, all the materials and information is sitting for you, Good crack with the guys on site, welfare facilities really good, would recommended to anyonePride in work is 1st class

Pros

Good run of work and rates

Very professional company

I'm really enjoying working at lee marley . The work culture is fantastic with a good work / home balance .I've already had the opportunity of career advancement within this very professional company , and look forward to a very optimistic future .

Pros

1 hr lunch break, chance of overtime and saturdays

Cons

So far, so good . None

Great team work

I have been working at Lee Marley Brickwork for 4 years. The management team are great to work with and very organized. Each site and contract managers always work well as a team and on site we are always backed up by the office and senior contracts managers. Never had any trouble with pay and have had constant work whilst working at Lee Marley Brickwork. We always get interesting jobs in different sectors and work with some top main contractors. A pleasure to work for..

Pros

Great team to work for and good back up

Challenging and enthusiastic

Being an employee for over 5 years, I can assure you that LeeMarley is a place where you feel welcomed, supported and valuable. It is a trustable and reliable company. I had the opportunity to progress and learn new skills. I would highly recommend LeeMarley for being a pleasant and safe place to work.

Pros

Trustable

Decent company

Worked with them for 8 months in Harlesden , not bad company pay on time , wages ok , managers was sound enough .. working with team of English lads so no language headache . Got weekends too. Left as moved out of the area but will go back to them in summer

Pros

Paid lunch break

Good company looks after hard workers

I have been working for lee Marley’s for over 5 years now they have always kept me very busy and no worries about no work the management are fair and very honest and run a tight ship .

Good People Good Company To Work For

If you’re a hard worker you will get on fine, fast paced work, good working environment, good people, all boss’s are reasonable and happy to give you opportunities to move up in time if you earn your way and show that you want to work

Pros

Lots of opportunities n work

Exciting , fresh and innovative attitude to construction

good company to work for the management is very fair and treat you like human . the work is normal construktion but it is nice to work with good black hat . thank u

Pros

long term and good working hour

Cons

could be more money

I really enjoy my administrative role at LMB. I do the site admin for the north west London region. Senior management are extremely friendly and helpful. I feel I am trusted to get on with my job and someone is always there to support me when needed. The site project managers are also very pleasant to work with.

Pros

Great management

Cons

I don’t feel there are any cons to the job

Engaging and friendly workplace

After deciding on a career move away from recruitment, I joined LMB and it was the best decision I have made. Management are open and willing to teach you and ensure you are trained to a good standard. The office has a friendly, welcoming feel which makes working here very enjoyable. Hours of work are good and rates of pay are competitive. I can see myself building a new career here and I look forward to the opportunities this company presents.

Pros

Working Hours, Working Environment, Friendly Staff and Management

Shocking

This is a bad company to work for staff turn over is unreal and no loyalty or incentive to do well work conditions unsafe and don’t treat staff fairly

Pros

Cons

Avoid

Best professional move I have made

This was a completely new industry for me and I have loved every minute of it! Great team in the office as well as out on site! Management take a genuine and consistent interest in what you are doing and are all ears when it comes to putting forward ideas or suggestions!There is a really good balance, which is great considering how fast paced and intense the construction industry can be!

Pros

Great work life balance, clear progression and support

Avoid at all costs !!!!!

I worked for this company a few years back , for any individual who has any self respect for them self’s , do not work for this company , they couldn’t care less about there employees, very unprofessional, and have a bad reputation for not paying properly, one of the worst company’s I have worked for in 30 years.

Pros

There are none

Cons

Just working for them is bad enough

Really bad

Absolutely poor they didn’t pay all my money they owed me the office staff didn’t handle situations correctly they are absolutely disgusting I definitely wouldn’t recommend this job to anybody.

Pros

Cons

Absolutely poor handling and communication

Have enjoyed it so far good mates there

I have grown and now have blue card level 4 which they paid for We are working at embassy Garden on a 25 storey tower I have learnt about fire barriers and metsec

Pros

Long run of work

Cons

6 days a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lee Marley Brickwork. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Lee Marley Brickwork with

• Lee Marley Brickwork
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?