Leeds Building Society

Leeds Building Society Employee Reviews

This is a small contact centre which has a great working environment.The downfall is that you cannot progress after a specialist role Development opportunities are there but you are always telephone based
Pros
Great people
Cons
No progression
I've been working at LBS for coming up to a year and it's definitely my favourite place that I've worked. Every colleague is incredibly friendly and all managers/senior leaders are approachable. All colleagues live by the values and it really shows.There's lots of channels for progression and to also move across the company into different departments through internal roles/secondments. The Society has adapted well to colleagues working from home too.Overall, an excellent place to work with a great culture and great people.
Pros
Culture, Good salary
Cons
Technology roll-outs
You only truly discover what an organisation is like when you live it day to day. LBS has a fairly old fashioned family orientated culture, akin to parent and child, very hierarchical. Change is slow and painful. Not for those who aren't patient or want to implement change quickly.
Pros
Interesting values
Cons
Poor culture
Culture is fantastic, senior management are great, senior leadership are brilliant. The job is interesting and most days you are dealing with something different. The company are accommodating, and do what they can (within reason) to help colleagues. The pay for a customer service assistant is poor for the amount you have to know, and learn, and the skills required for questioning correctly - however, this is across the board not just for LBS. Plenty of opportunities if you're willing to travel and put the effort in! However, you have to be lucky to get an opportunity to progress in your own branch.
Pros
Culture, accommodating, support, they way they dealt with Covid-19
Cons
Salary - and that's it
An awful place to work if your face doesn’t fit or you are friends with senior management. The salary is a joke as are the hours and so called benefits. It is truly the worst place I have ever worked. Wolf in sheep’s clothing
Pros
Cons
See above
I learned a lot from when I first started, I met nice people and worked for a great company. The progression I wanted and was promised wasn’t there so I felt like I should leave in order to progress my career.
Worked in the branch and found it stressful, completely sales orientated even though we had to pretend it wasn't. Lack of teamwork or trust in the branch, toxic atmosphere and badly paid, Would not recommend.
Role was really good lots of variety and very interesting. Unfortunately the management team let it down. The company is a little behind the times and unless they improve their online offering soon they will lose customers.
Didnt work here long, management have their favourites, if you arent up their backside they arent interested in helping you with anything. If they dont want you there they make it uncomfortable for you by not being able to ask questions, constantly looking for faults in your work. I went in with my head down kept to myself and got on with my job, meeting targets, getting where i needed to be and it still wasnt good enough to be kept on. People are still working there struggle with the job and yet get kept on as they are friends with management
Great team to work with, everybody is lovely. It is a good company to work for and have learnt loads over the years and have gained skills that I did not have before. The only unfortunate thing is that the pay does not always reflect the work that you do.
Pros
Great hours that fits well with lifestyle.
Cons
not the best wage
LBS is an excellent company to work for. Beyond the benefits package, LBS colleagues are excellent people: dedicated, professional and supportive. The company focus in doing the best for its customers and employees. Some departments like mine are small, as a downside there is not always room to progress in your role, but in the upside, there are always really interesting projects to work on.
Company has an amazing training program, uniform and friendly staff, friendly customers, alit to take in over products. However it wasn't as expected as you need to upsell for insurances, funeral cover. Not happy to ask customers when the come to either put money in or withdraw
LBS is going through a lot change at the moment, making it an exciting and challenging place to work. LBS is also moving to a new building in 2021. LBS offers flexible working, with a collaborative and team-focused work culture. Great work colleagues and good pay & benefits.
Perfect place to work if you need a company which is more about your personal well being including work/life balance. However if you are just starting your career, wages plus advancement will be a real struggle.
Pros
Free fruit, Flexible working policy, casual dress code
Cons
Salary, Progression
It was a good environment to work in. supportive peers and generally cheery atmosphere. where it lacks (at least while I worked for them) was management where distant, there was no clear support system other than team members helping you out. on top of this there is little to no interest in staff development and no route for promotion or further training.
Current employee at LBS head office. Extremely flexible with hours and I am really enjoying working here. Lots of room for progression. Literally the only negative is the pay, the full time wage in comparison to some easier jobs I have done, is way below par. They have recently implemented change to get a rise, but to get there is unachievable for some. The rise wage, should be the starting wage.
Fast paced, structured day. In house training programme. Fair Company Policies. Very good place to work. Always busy. People friendly and team orientated. Charity focussed.
Ended in me walking out of my position after being told to take on a discrepancy that was not mine but was my manager's. Wetherby branch former CSA I was happy until new manager came from Head office.
Some staff are part of the furniture so it's there way or the highway, if you can get past the click you may be ok! Each branch is different. Be prepared to be sales based!
Was happy here but some bad managers and pay is too low, good place to start to get experience of financial industry, would recommend a job at Leeds building society.
Pros
Overall good place to work
Cons
Pay too low
The people are great and work really hard and also support each other. The culture was awful. If you dare to disagree or suggest things are done differently then you are blanked. I put a number of new ideas forward and they weren't even acknowledged never mind discussed with me. You have to be a nodding dog to be able to put up with the culture.
Pros
Colleagues and company benefits
Cons
Culture is stifling and destorys you.