Legal & General

Legal & General Employee Reviews

Managers are annoying and they give yh a tonne of work to do without any help. The only good thing is incentives with pay. They are always under pressure and many many complaints from customers
Interpersonal skills leave a lot to be desired when speaking with management.Most folk are ok and most part are a good bunch. If your a yellow hat everything seems to be blamed on you.I was let go after my 6 month probation and frankly if certain individuals didn't maybe single people and and kinda put em down so much they may be respected a little more.Good luck to whoever works here.
Pros
Mostly nice people
Cons
Long day, unprofessional managers.
Management show understanding and flexibility towards the team. If you get stuck into your work they empower you to make decisions good freindly place to work with high standards .
Pros
Shares and good contributory pension scheme, holiday purchase, scheme
Cons
Non
A frustrating place going round in circles with processes; designs & assembly layouts. Systems & departments don't interact with each other. Workforce disillusioned high turnover of staff in all disciplines & at all levels.Peaks & troughs with workflow mainly troughs people trying to look busy with nothing to do through no fault of theirs.
Pros
Salary; canteen when open;people
Cons
Lack of leadership/direction. Ignore lessons learnt.
Stick to insurance legal & general because if they had Lego they still couldn't build a house right. 5 years in the making and not one house has been built right two sites collapsed because of incompetent recruitment in priority roles. I worked there almost 2 years and was systematically bullied out. Senior management incompetent and unprofessional junior management worse. Team leaders to many too count and only 2 of them have any skill at all. This place is synonymous with jobs for the boys. Only good thing was the free umbrella. Just because you can build a car legal & general doesn't mean you can build a house, the house that Jack built was better and that a nursery rhyme. Don't work there and even more so do not buy a house you will regret it.
Before you accept a job here, ask these questions;- How many people have you suspended this month- How many “saleable” homes have you produced in total- Describe the culture and views of the shop floor towards the companyI’ve never experienced a company with a more hostile, toxic culture. Whilst the shop floor staff are good with strong team leads, there is a distinct divide between shop floor and management. These guys hand out suspensions and disciplinarians like there tic tacs. If your face doesn’t fit you’ll simply be hounded out of the company with no recourse.The shop floor is extremely negative due to inter fighting between departments where some staff regularly look to watch and report each other. Some staff are suspended or disciplined for doing something whilst others are left to do the same thing unhindered. The union is powerless to protect you against L&G. If you have a problem, you are the problem.The company tries to implement very advanced processes such as 6-sigma but can’t even implement simple methodologies such as Kanban or achieve line balance. A few specific managers are totally inept in there roles which makes any kind of progress exceedingly difficult. The manufacturing mindset is entirely geared towards automation and precision due to the automotive / Rolls Royce background of most of the manufacturing team where the design, process and materials do not lend themselves to this. If you value job security and positive change I would say steer well clear of this place, the sararies are pretty good but it simply isn’t worth it. Don’t think your - more...
Pros
Wages are above average
Cons
Toxic culture, poor management, total lack of job security
The only reason people are there at the moment is due to the run up to Christmas, you will see a huge decline of staff in the new year. Managers are useless and Milky Bar kid (manager) is a sulky petulant boy hated by everyone on the shop floor, doesn't have a clue what he is talking about and his favourite words at the minute are "Mask & 2 Metres"Yellow hats are the minions and looked down on, spoke down too and highly disrespected by office staff and all management. The wage is good and the people on the shop floor are fantastic, but that's it!!! There is nowhere decent to eat breakfast or lunch unless it's in your car, the days are laboriously long (9.5 hours) and sometimes you are stood about all day with nothing to do trying to look busy so as not to get in trouble, as again someone with a degree has messed up an order or measurement which means the shop floor comes to a stop.I'm sure if the BIG boss of L and G paid a surprise visit there would be some knee shaking and pant pooping going on within the management side, as he would see it for what it really is "a shambles".
Pros
Shop floor staff
Cons
Everything except shop floor staff
That place is a joke, clueless management with 0 construction background.I agree with all bad reviews,if you are wearing yellow hat you will be ignored all the time,and that's the fact.Just read other reviews, it's says everything. A lot of good lads waisting their potential there, you don't need to be one of them.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Everything else
Good benefits, ie shares, holiday, sick pay, flexible working.Progression encouragedOn the job training Good leadership However constant changes to management, teams, job cuts
Pros
Company benefits
Cons
Constant job cuts to enhance company profits
Worked for the company for over 10 years, seen all the recent changes. Management was useless, in constant meetings about nothing. Clueless bunch... used to be a nice i place to work... If you are a great people manager or you are lucky enough to get one, you’ll have a great time, enjoy your job and have good work/home life balance. Otherwise you’ll be dreading going to your desk as there is no one to ask, no proper training given , no development, except for the chosen ones.So my advice is, pull your weight, support a good manager, get rid of a useless one, be inclusive and kind, however address a poor performance straight away, either by offering help or an additional training. To be fair, I left a few years ago now and truly hope things have improved! Still love the place and my hardworking colleagues!
Pros
Interesting job, opportunity to move internally between departments, opportunity to join volunteer schemes, Employee Benefits
Cons
As at any large organisation, any improvements or changes take place slowly, Not always addressing bad performance appropriately, and In my opinion it affects morale. no more free/bonus shares for employees at the end of the year, thanks to CEO
I started working for legal and general MH over 2yeras now I have always been treated with respect and treated fairly. I really apreciate having a work place like that. Obviously every place has its challenges but we are keeping improving day by day. The place is growing very fast. To be honest I am very excited for the future of the company. Overall I am very happy.
Pros
Great products and great people and exciting future ahead.
Cons
I dont have any. Evey place has its own challenges. its normal
You only get the pay rises and training depending on who you are, very high staff turn over, let us go home for 1 month for lockdown, if you're unfortunate enough to not have to shield you owe 150 banked hours and have holidays taken off you and not even a thank you, kiss my butt, nowt, if you have 4-6 months off due to shielding you don't have to give 150hrs back and have full holiday entitlement
Pros
Cons
The whole thing is a con
Would avoid as it isn't an enjoyable place. Management lack skills and just try to advance themselves. Not a happy atmosphere. Lots of back stabbing. Avoid
Pros
Work interesting
Cons
Bad management, bad culture
You are sold a dream of changing the housing market and making housing more affordable. You soon realise that it's all driven by cost and delivering 'targets' and management only care about their own careers. The houses and flats that they are creating are full of problems because everything is poorly managed. Some very talented people have come and gone... Mostly because the place is such a mess and it's difficult to change anything, and they get overruled by directors who have no idea. But I guess they pay better than most!
Pros
Pay well, and also some very nice people
Cons
Mismanagement and lack of direction from directors
if you want to go work somewhere give 150 % then get stabbed in the back this is the place for you they have no idea what they are doing the place is run by idiots if you work hard you get a disaplinary if you are work shy you get treat like a king absolute terrible place to work the HR department just want to sack people an the union is a case of if your face fits the re
Pros
none they treat you like rubbish
Cons
Run by absolute idiots was once a good place to work
If you want your mental health to stay intact don't work here. Seen in the space of 6 months people deteriorate mentally. Sad. They couldn't care less either.
Management at this place are awful. They brush bullying and harassment under the carpet and punish you for reporting bad behaviour. You get followed to the toilet when taking a break of over 5 minutes.
Pros
Free hot drinks
Cons
Everything else.
TOTALLY AGREE with Titanic homes review 😩 Anybody in a yellow hat is Totally ignored No personal development nobody cares In management look down on staff even though they have no experience of building trades 😩
Pros
Good lads
Cons
Good lads are Totally ignored
I have been with LGMH for over two years. It's not without its challenges, but if you deal with these in an adult manner, they are overcome by a very supportive management structure and culture. The rewards are good, and it is certainly not a boring work place. I work as part of a really supportive, friendly team. We accept and embrace each other's individuality and the experiences we each bring to the team. I feel valued as an employee. I find that I am free to express my opinions and ideas, and that they will be listened to. I hope to continue with LGMH for many years to come, and to see the company succeed and grow.
Pros
Supportive workplace
Cons
Very fast pace
No manager has time to listen to your views because they don't know anything about what we do or really understand the processes, unless your face fits or you know someone higher up the food chain you can not advance up the company ladder, and there is a lot of bullying by management especially certain blue hats who are clueless.
Pros
Cons
No one in management wants to listen because they just don't care or respect you
Where to start.The Company can’t get their own advert right check the pay rate £21,648 -£24,068 PER HOUR.Bullying incompetent line managers especially milky, turn ups and lets not forget prancing pony. They have no building or people skills so what use are they???.The academy is useless best training you will get is from the 1 or 2 tradesmen they have left. If you apply you Will get a job as they are desperate because of the amount of people leaving. Don’t give up another job to join this company you will regret it.. Titanic homes sinking fast.i am now off to hand in my notice.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Incompetent line management
  1. Employee reviews