Legal & General
Legal & General Employee Review

Nightmare

29 August 2020
You are sold a dream of changing the housing market and making housing more affordable. You soon realise that it's all driven by cost and delivering 'targets' and management only care about their own careers. The houses and flats that they are creating are full of problems because everything is poorly managed. Some very talented people have come and gone... Mostly because the place is such a mess and it's difficult to change anything, and they get overruled by directors who have no idea. But I guess they pay better than most!
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Pay well, and also some very nice people
Cons
Mismanagement and lack of direction from directors
3 May 2021
Production Operative (Current Employee) - Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire
Manufacturing supposedly affordable homes using non trades people and paying peanuts. Advertised at twenty odd grand a year but have to work a 44 hour week to earn that. Agency that recruits say you get ten pound odd an hour after 12 weeks with them but its all lies it could be well over a year before you get that pay rise. Most of the management are from car manufacturing industries etc and not construction .
Pros
When its home time.
Cons
long hours, bad management and poor pay.
5 April 2021
Operator (Former Employee) - Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire
all I can say about this company they may have skilled tradesmen working there but they're not the ones calling the shots the management is so bad and confusing I was using a CNC beam saw 2-man operation ask my manager when somebody's off are on annual leave how can I get some help I was told that he could not justify giving me help because he won't have to take somebody off somewhere else the product I was pulling off this machine weight 29 kg4kg more then law
4 December 2020
Engineer (Current Employee) - Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire
A frustrating place going round in circles with processes; designs & assembly layouts. Systems & departments don't interact with each other. Workforce disillusioned high turnover of staff in all disciplines & at all levels.Peaks & troughs with workflow mainly troughs people trying to look busy with nothing to do through no fault of theirs.
Pros
Salary; canteen when open;people
Cons
Lack of leadership/direction. Ignore lessons learnt.