Legal & General
Legal & General Employee Review

Run for your life

8 November 2020
The only reason people are there at the moment is due to the run up to Christmas, you will see a huge decline of staff in the new year. Managers are useless and Milky Bar kid (manager) is a sulky petulant boy hated by everyone on the shop floor, doesn't have a clue what he is talking about and his favourite words at the minute are "Mask & 2 Metres"Yellow hats are the minions and looked down on, spoke down too and highly disrespected by office staff and all management. The wage is good and the people on the shop floor are fantastic, but that's it!!! There is nowhere decent to eat breakfast or lunch unless it's in your car, the days are laboriously long (9.5 hours) and sometimes you are stood about all day with nothing to do trying to look busy so as not to get in trouble, as again someone with a degree has messed up an order or measurement which means the shop floor comes to a stop.I'm sure if the BIG boss of L and G paid a surprise visit there would be some knee shaking and pant pooping going on within the management side, as he would see it for what it really is "a shambles".
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Shop floor staff
Cons
Everything except shop floor staff
3 May 2021
Production Operative (Current Employee) - Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire
Manufacturing supposedly affordable homes using non trades people and paying peanuts. Advertised at twenty odd grand a year but have to work a 44 hour week to earn that. Agency that recruits say you get ten pound odd an hour after 12 weeks with them but its all lies it could be well over a year before you get that pay rise. Most of the management are from car manufacturing industries etc and not construction .
Pros
When its home time.
Cons
long hours, bad management and poor pay.
5 April 2021
Operator (Former Employee) - Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire
all I can say about this company they may have skilled tradesmen working there but they're not the ones calling the shots the management is so bad and confusing I was using a CNC beam saw 2-man operation ask my manager when somebody's off are on annual leave how can I get some help I was told that he could not justify giving me help because he won't have to take somebody off somewhere else the product I was pulling off this machine weight 29 kg4kg more then law
4 December 2020
Engineer (Current Employee) - Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire
A frustrating place going round in circles with processes; designs & assembly layouts. Systems & departments don't interact with each other. Workforce disillusioned high turnover of staff in all disciplines & at all levels.Peaks & troughs with workflow mainly troughs people trying to look busy with nothing to do through no fault of theirs.
Pros
Salary; canteen when open;people
Cons
Lack of leadership/direction. Ignore lessons learnt.