Legal & General
Legal & General Employee Review

Shocking bully culture

29 November 2020
Stick to insurance legal & general because if they had Lego they still couldn't build a house right. 5 years in the making and not one house has been built right two sites collapsed because of incompetent recruitment in priority roles. I worked there almost 2 years and was systematically bullied out. Senior management incompetent and unprofessional junior management worse. Team leaders to many too count and only 2 of them have any skill at all. This place is synonymous with jobs for the boys. Only good thing was the free umbrella. Just because you can build a car legal & general doesn't mean you can build a house, the house that Jack built was better and that a nursery rhyme. Don't work there and even more so do not buy a house you will regret it.
1.0Job security/advancement
3 May 2021
Production Operative (Current Employee) - Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire
Manufacturing supposedly affordable homes using non trades people and paying peanuts. Advertised at twenty odd grand a year but have to work a 44 hour week to earn that. Agency that recruits say you get ten pound odd an hour after 12 weeks with them but its all lies it could be well over a year before you get that pay rise. Most of the management are from car manufacturing industries etc and not construction .
Pros
When its home time.
Cons
long hours, bad management and poor pay.
5 April 2021
Operator (Former Employee) - Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire
all I can say about this company they may have skilled tradesmen working there but they're not the ones calling the shots the management is so bad and confusing I was using a CNC beam saw 2-man operation ask my manager when somebody's off are on annual leave how can I get some help I was told that he could not justify giving me help because he won't have to take somebody off somewhere else the product I was pulling off this machine weight 29 kg4kg more then law
4 December 2020
Engineer (Current Employee) - Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire
A frustrating place going round in circles with processes; designs & assembly layouts. Systems & departments don't interact with each other. Workforce disillusioned high turnover of staff in all disciplines & at all levels.Peaks & troughs with workflow mainly troughs people trying to look busy with nothing to do through no fault of theirs.
Pros
Salary; canteen when open;people
Cons
Lack of leadership/direction. Ignore lessons learnt.