Legal & General
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Legal & General Employee Reviews

United Kingdom231 reviews

Brilliant workplace, inclusive and diverse and great benefits

Featured review

Legal & General selected this as a representative review
I have progressed through the company from a part time telephone agent to now leading my own area. The opportunities are endless, progression is there for those that work hard and want it. Benefits fantastic and the investment by the company in Cardiff provides confidence and job security. Excellent company to work for.

Pros

Benefits (pension, free eye tests, private medical insurance) to name a few. Well paid, with good bonuses for those that perform and exceed Inclusive and diverse

Official response from Legal & General

18 May 2022
We love hearing stories like yours – the opportunities are there for those that go after them. Well done, and thanks!

Lovely people

Nice people, internal progression is good. Good encouragement and help provided by managers. Good location of office but majority home working. Would recommend for first role.

Insights into Legal & General

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks

Great place to work, exciting and rewarding environment.

Legal and General provides an exciting environment to work in. The business is really stretching the boundary's of what`s possible in modern methods of construction. The oportunites available are fantastic with a real focus on promoting from within across all levels of the business. The level of investment in training are of the highest I've ever worked in, and if you want to progress you will be supported on your journey. The people who work at Legal and General are genuinely a great bunch who are friendly and willing to help one another out when needed. Overall a brilliant place to work.

Worked here as a temp for 9 months. Great team, interesting work, amazing worksite. Got to learn lots about the process of arrears collection and worked in a really fun team.

Great work colleagues

Bad place to work. Cliwn like salary although maybe not for lower positions car park is a joke . Have a cycle to work system where you can buy a cheap bike but the company is in a pretty dangerous and rural position where I'm sure us just a matter of time before the inevitable happens

Pros

Going home

Cons

Collaborative and positive team culture

I started at L and G 3 months ago after being with my previous employer for 8 years so, making the move was quite nerve-wracking! All I can say is, I wish I had made the move sooner; the company has a true culture of teamwork and collaboration and are completely open to new ways of working to give their best for colleagues and customers. Even though I've started during a virtual world, I feel part of the team and my induction was brilliant.

Pros

Work-life balance, employee benefits are excellent, supportive and professional team mates

Cons

IT setup during first couple of days

Official response from Legal & General

18 May 2022
Thanks for the review! We have sometimes been slower than we like to be in our initial IT setup for new starters, and it's something we have identified and are working hard on.

Great place to work with amazing benefits

Having worked for L&G for several years now I cannot recommend the company enough. They really care about their employees and make it a great place to work! There is lots of progression opportunities & support from management.

Truly colleague centric and customer focussed

L&G has been a great place to work for the past 13 years. Having been in various teams, i can honestly say that my development has always been fully supported, I've been promoted through the grades and have completed exams, funded by the departments. The culture is great and L&G always work to ensure that we are a diverse and inclusive workplace - every team has been like a family. I work really hard, but am always rewarded for my efforts whether its a small thank you note or my annual bonus!

Productive and fun work place

Enjoyable place of work . Lots to learn . Every body supportive and new systems . Flexible hours and opportunity to work from home . Managers are very supportive

Good if you need money

Poor management there and no chance for any sort of progression, they recruit anyone even people without any knowledge to the trade which is why a high staff turnover is there as they end up wondering why people don’t know certain things.

Meh

It’s okay, finish at 3:10 most days so no long days, management are not very involved, everyone seems to have an inferiority complex, and likes to back stab and cause problems.

Gets you paid

Not a bad wage - don’t believe the dream you are sold on arrival. Potential for making friends but don’t say too much to anyone. Just get your head down and do the job

High turn over of staff

Company is an absolute shambles. Good workers get treated badly. No internal promotions. Company is run by HR who have no clue who an individual is.Takes months to get paid for overtime. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone. Unless you want to be office staff, then your good as gold.

A reflection on 3 years working at Legal and General Modular Homes

I don't usually do the keyboard warrior approach and leave reviews , however, after looking at the bad reviews on this platform I feel the need to address a few points. At this point reading this you will be thinking this has been put on by someone in the office to counter balance the negative comments. This is not the case , I work alongside the operatives on the line and support them along the way. I personally follow the cultural values that are encourages within the factory.It is difficult and we are not like a well oiled machine as yet , yes, we have been producing for a long time and we are just now delivering houses to our sites , however this is a slow burn not a sprint, some say a marathon, and like a marathon we need to train have resilience and endurance to succeed. Some people come and some people go. This is is unfortunate, however, we are building a brand and new culture in the way we build houses and this is not easy. If it was then everyone would be doing it and they are not.For those who have left disgruntled and then chose to be the keyboard warrior I feel sorry for them as they will miss out on a golden opportunity.As a brand I feel that in the time I have been with the business, I have had the opportunity to grow and learn new things , I have had pay rises and bonuses along the way .Its not been easy with lots of change, however, like a ,marathon I have had the resilience to see it through and oi think it is a great place to work .

Friendly, exciting workplace & great benefits

L&G Modular Homes is a fantastic place to work. Its so exciting to be part of a growing business that is having a real impact on the housing market and making a difference to people's lives. No two days are the same working at LGMH - this means the job never gets boring. There is a great, friendly team culture and everyone has a laugh. We often partake in social events outside of office hours which is great for building friendships within the team. Managers are approachable and supportive. Whilst the job can be challenging at times due to the fact that the business is continuously growing and changing, it is ultimately so rewarding to see your hard work positively affect the business on the whole. Hard work also doesn't go un-rewarded here - with good rates of pay along with annual bonuses, employee share-save schemes and monetary rewards for those who are recognised as going above-and-beyond within their roles.Career progression is something that is definitely achievable within the business; there are lots of opportunities that arise for personal development and promotion.

busy but enjoyable

I really enjoy the job and find it a very friendly place to work, in my job as a trainer i get to meet and train a lot of different people all the time of various abilities and enjoy passing on my skills and experience, the culture is very good but like all places there are sometimes conflicts but these are usually resolved.

Pros

good canteen facilities and reasonably priced

Cons

none really

Challenging and Progressive

I started with the company as a production operative and was impressed at the introduction via the internal academy. Once on the production line the initial area I was assigned to was a disappointment but I was constantly aware of the potential for working in different areas and for progression and so I stuck at it.The unusual nature of the business (combining manufacturing with construction) means that there are people from various different backgrounds and the ideas of forward thinking and interrelated departments are promoted constantly. The reality sometimes doesn't live up to those ideals and there is a lean towards overcomplicating things, but these are both symptoms of a company reaching a certain size and to a certain extent inevitable. That said there is always the response of never wanting to stand still and to improve on what is there.There is definitely a broad scope for progression but there is also a need for determination. You have to be able to prove yourself and show that you will go the extra mile if you want to succeed. In the months since my promotion to Manufacturing Engineering Technician I have seen an increasing culture of promoting from within and I believe that this is going to become an even bigger part of L&GMH in the future. My role is centred on improving things so I can see the intended direction and aversion to stagnation. The scale of operations is increasing all the time.I joined the company wanting to forge a new career for myself and it is certainly the right platform for that kind of ambition.

Great apprenticeship scheme

Im coming to the end off my 3 year apprenticeship course. Gained plenty off knowledge/experience. Been put through a lot off side courses, such as cherry picker, 18th edition. Highly recommend, especially for apprentices, great company to work for!

Don't belive the hype

Where to start...Great colleagues, actual work is OKBut the bullying culture is not only allowed but encouraged. There are certain people that will do anything to get a team leader job.. except work !I've seen many good people leave due to their tactics.It's pityful to watch.When management were told they just cover over it.L&G make a big thing about reporting or whistle blowing.When you do nothing happens.That's the worst thingMaybe someone above production line managers will read this and ask questions.When you have 90 people start and 95 people leave it can't be good.And yet the other bosses just accept it.If I was in charge I'd be asking questions.I will say thisMost F1's are really good and are trying hard.Most F2's are helpful and good tooF3'S are a waste of space and think they are better than anyone else.Belive me this is not the case !Team leaders are doing the best they can with what they have,But most are just making it up as they go along. It's to late for me but I hope this review helps someone out, as its as honest as I can be.(Minus the swear words)It's a shame because it could be a good place to work.

Don't waste your time

Bud management and to many stupid rules,They promise and promise But the real life is so different. ................don't waste your time.............................

Pros

Disorganised, micro managed, lacking the right leadership

I wouldn't recommend working for this company. Their is a clear divide between the office based and manufacturing side. The staff turn over is high, poor leadership from management, low morale in the shop floor. The management treat the skilled and time served workers with disdain and refuse too listen to there input. The company operate under the illusion it is manufacturing when in reality it is construction under a roof and so all management seem to come from either an automobile or manufacturing background. Thus company with a change of leadership would be a very good place to work as there are so many passionate individuals there. Unfortunately there are the equal amount of individuals who are happy too watch over staff work whilst they stand about. Until things change in the culture of this place I cannot recommend it.

Pros

Good pension

Cons

Poor leadership and inconsistencies of policies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legal & General. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement