Legal & General

Legal & General Employee Reviews in Hove

Worked for the company for over 10 years, seen all the recent changes. Management was useless, in constant meetings about nothing. Clueless bunch... used to be a nice i place to work... If you are a great people manager or you are lucky enough to get one, you’ll have a great time, enjoy your job and have good work/home life balance. Otherwise you’ll be dreading going to your desk as there is no one to ask, no proper training given , no development, except for the chosen ones.So my advice is, pull your weight, support a good manager, get rid of a useless one, be inclusive and kind, however address a poor performance straight away, either by offering help or an additional training. To be fair, I left a few years ago now and truly hope things have improved! Still love the place and my hardworking colleagues!
Pros
Interesting job, opportunity to move internally between departments, opportunity to join volunteer schemes, Employee Benefits
Cons
As at any large organisation, any improvements or changes take place slowly, Not always addressing bad performance appropriately, and In my opinion it affects morale. no more free/bonus shares for employees at the end of the year, thanks to CEO
Loved working for legal and general ! The work life balance was great and we had lots of work nights out, from the pub to food, I would recommend it to anyone
Great place to work, management really care for the staff. For the ambitious people there is plenty of room to self improve and advance through the business
My time at legal & general was enjoyable. All my team and the rest of the floor on Mature Savings were brilliant. I would definitely reccomend this company as a place to work.
Hire temps &Then they get let go Because your not good enough even tho You’ve been hitting targets etc. They keep you longer than your contract,take ages to get this updated And say that it might be permanent they they get rid of you. They will always keep you as you are, there will be no promoting.
Great place to work form Job Live Balance Lots to learn a really forward thinking Company to Work For Management really take the time to get to know people Great place for advancement but not a moment Good Team Ethos all very collaborative
At the moment I am working on several projects. I prioritise my work in the morning. I quality check my colleague's work and authorise payments for each project. I keep an eye on the team's mailbox during the day for any urgent emails. I then process customer income drawdown requests in order for members to access their pensions at age 55. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping and training other colleagues in the processes that I have learnt.
This is a great company to work for and that value your hard work. The hours are flexible and support and training at the highest standards. The engagement for the staff is amazing. If this is a job where you want to progress then this is a good choice.
Pros
Free Lunch and well paid overtime
The office culture is fantastic. Friendly, very professional and fun to work in. Exceptionally good training and on-going support. Management recognise and reward great service appropriately.
Pros
Great staff, great support, fun environment
Cons
Pro's - Good company benefits, Group IP, CIC & Life. 25 days holiday for all staff when they join. Agile working more commonplace Con's - Departmental managers out of touch with area, staff bullying commonplace and many members of staff are off with work related stress/anxiety. Company produces the right soundbytes online and through comms, but due to fear culture, people too worried about losing pay/bonus to speak up against bullying.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
Out of touch senior managers
Legal & General are a great place to work. Very alive to modern working practices, discipline but not hidebound. Management by results, rather than personalities. I would heartily recommend them as an employer, and would return there at any time.
Pros
Well qualified, disciplined structure
Cons
Few, can be a bit limiting to a particular specialism.
Making changes to adapt to new digital age. Can be like turning a super tanker but right leadership in place to make it happen. Culturally it be a shock but it can happen.
Pros
Flexible working from home/ office. Hove is a great office
Cons
More senior you are the work
Training is comprehensive and thorough. The colleagues create a pleasant and enjoyable place to work. Each role has many aspects, so each role has variety.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Not easy parking
A typical day for me is hard to summarise as my role is very varied currently! I split my time between meetings, development, working at my desk on in groups on a range of different things! Thoughout my time in the business I have worked hard and been rewarded for it. Team and Senior Managers are supportive and promote a great working environment. Staff are encouraged to contribute ideas and to help the department evolve and grow. The atmosphere is a very supportive one in the department i worked in and I can recommend it.
Pros
The hours
Cons
Salary bands
Answering enquiries by telephone from a variety of customers. These can be very complex and technical. Constant industry and regulatory updates and keeping knowledge up to date so, able to help customers.
This is for young people. Older people and by that I mean anyone over 40 will find the environment not unfriendly but without much support bordering, with some of the managers, contempt.
Pros
Cons
Some
On a typical day i took about 30 calls from customers and IFA's. I learned so much about financial products and investing money. I loved everyone in my team and there was always a nice atmosphere.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
some of the rules
A typical day consists of receiving and making phone calls to policyholders and independent financial advisors. Processing requests received in the post regarding the policies dealt with in my team. Maturing, surrendering policies, fund switching, and finding lost policies. I learnt to manage my time effectively for maximum productivity. Trained on as many processes as was allowed to further my knowledge on the products and procedures. Management is always supportive in my personal development and very encouraging. The most difficult part of the job was trying to be as productive as possible whilst dealing with system problems. The most enjoyable part of my job was being part of a very diverse and interesting team.
Pros
Supported personal development
Cons
Only offered me a contract position