Legal & General

Legal & General Employee Reviews in London

Legal & General is a large corporate organisation with a similar culture to other large corporate FS brands. The federated structure made stakeholder management and decision making a challenge, but leadership generally was focused on achieving the best results together.
Pros
Some friendly people and belief in the brand and the values.
Cons
Structure of the Group could be divisive.
L&G is an excellent company to work for, encouraging to work life balance and personal development. However, advancement in job is not easy and the salary is not great but good.
Agile working is encouraged however for a new starter this can be difficult as rarely able to find a desk near your team. Mid tier Management are always looking out for themselves rather then actually managing their teams..
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor Management, need to book a desk everyday
Working in The City was a fast learning curve, meant being on top of your game and very well informed, life moved at a fast pace and deal sizes were significant.
Pros
Never Time To Standstill
Cons
Poor Commission Structures and unrealistic targets.
Although the hours were long and the work very demanding , it was offset by the job satisfaction and rewards . The atmosphere was electric with many deadlines to meet but was helped by the great team I worked within
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Very long hours
Talented colleagues and brand partners are a pleasure to work with and the accomplishments speak for themselves. It's a very successful company with a focus on teamwork. However, politicing is higher rife so stakeholder management on a large scale is a critical skill.
Very good working environment, taking care about employees, the only reason to live this company is the location (Kingswood, Hove etc.) Possibility of development
In my time in Legal & General, I was tasked to give out a presentation at the end of the week, my presentation was about bringing more customers to the company, I worked with a few students from my school, the hardest part of the job was that I was fasting while working, however the most enjoyable part of the work was when I gave in my presentation, the audience was amazing and I know that they weren't bored during the presentation.
Pros
Enjoyable and Fun managers
Cons
Transportation