Legal & General

Legal & General Employee Reviews in Sherburn in Elmet

Working @ Legal & General MH is interesting and rewarding, and a great chance to be part of a bigger movement in UK housing development. The culture of teamwork is good, however some of the systems and procedures are not quick enough for the pace of change within the factory. The best part of the job is working in varied teams with people from different backgrounds and experiences to solve problems and develop improvements.
all I can say about this company they may have skilled tradesmen working there but they're not the ones calling the shots the management is so bad and confusing I was using a CNC beam saw 2-man operation ask my manager when somebody's off are on annual leave how can I get some help I was told that he could not justify giving me help because he won't have to take somebody off somewhere else the product I was pulling off this machine weight 29 kg4kg more then law
Cons
A frustrating place going round in circles with processes; designs & assembly layouts. Systems & departments don't interact with each other. Workforce disillusioned high turnover of staff in all disciplines & at all levels.Peaks & troughs with workflow mainly troughs people trying to look busy with nothing to do through no fault of theirs.
Pros
Salary; canteen when open;people
Cons
Lack of leadership/direction. Ignore lessons learnt.
Stick to insurance legal & general because if they had Lego they still couldn't build a house right. 5 years in the making and not one house has been built right two sites collapsed because of incompetent recruitment in priority roles. I worked there almost 2 years and was systematically bullied out. Senior management incompetent and unprofessional junior management worse. Team leaders to many too count and only 2 of them have any skill at all. This place is synonymous with jobs for the boys. Only good thing was the free umbrella. Just because you can build a car legal & general doesn't mean you can build a house, the house that Jack built was better and that a nursery rhyme. Don't work there and even more so do not buy a house you will regret it.
Before you accept a job here, ask these questions;- How many people have you suspended this month- How many “saleable” homes have you produced in total- Describe the culture and views of the shop floor towards the companyI’ve never experienced a company with a more hostile, toxic culture. Whilst the shop floor staff are good with strong team leads, there is a distinct divide between shop floor and management. These guys hand out suspensions and disciplinarians like there tic tacs. If your face doesn’t fit you’ll simply be hounded out of the company with no recourse.The shop floor is extremely negative due to inter fighting between departments where some staff regularly look to watch and report each other. Some staff are suspended or disciplined for doing something whilst others are left to do the same thing unhindered. The union is powerless to protect you against L&G. If you have a problem, you are the problem.The company tries to implement very advanced processes such as 6-sigma but can’t even implement simple methodologies such as Kanban or achieve line balance. A few specific managers are totally inept in there roles which makes any kind of progress exceedingly difficult. The manufacturing mindset is entirely geared towards automation and precision due to the automotive / Rolls Royce background of most of the manufacturing team where the design, process and materials do not lend themselves to this. If you value job security and positive change I would say steer well clear of this place, the sararies are pretty good but it simply isn’t worth it. Don’t think your - more...
Pros
Wages are above average
Cons
Toxic culture, poor management, total lack of job security
The only reason people are there at the moment is due to the run up to Christmas, you will see a huge decline of staff in the new year. Managers are useless and Milky Bar kid (manager) is a sulky petulant boy hated by everyone on the shop floor, doesn't have a clue what he is talking about and his favourite words at the minute are "Mask & 2 Metres"Yellow hats are the minions and looked down on, spoke down too and highly disrespected by office staff and all management. The wage is good and the people on the shop floor are fantastic, but that's it!!! There is nowhere decent to eat breakfast or lunch unless it's in your car, the days are laboriously long (9.5 hours) and sometimes you are stood about all day with nothing to do trying to look busy so as not to get in trouble, as again someone with a degree has messed up an order or measurement which means the shop floor comes to a stop.I'm sure if the BIG boss of L and G paid a surprise visit there would be some knee shaking and pant pooping going on within the management side, as he would see it for what it really is "a shambles".
Pros
Shop floor staff
Cons
Everything except shop floor staff
That place is a joke, clueless management with 0 construction background.I agree with all bad reviews,if you are wearing yellow hat you will be ignored all the time,and that's the fact.Just read other reviews, it's says everything. A lot of good lads waisting their potential there, you don't need to be one of them.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Everything else
I started working for legal and general MH over 2yeras now I have always been treated with respect and treated fairly. I really apreciate having a work place like that. Obviously every place has its challenges but we are keeping improving day by day. The place is growing very fast. To be honest I am very excited for the future of the company. Overall I am very happy.
Pros
Great products and great people and exciting future ahead.
Cons
I dont have any. Evey place has its own challenges. its normal
You only get the pay rises and training depending on who you are, very high staff turn over, let us go home for 1 month for lockdown, if you're unfortunate enough to not have to shield you owe 150 banked hours and have holidays taken off you and not even a thank you, kiss my butt, nowt, if you have 4-6 months off due to shielding you don't have to give 150hrs back and have full holiday entitlement
Pros
Cons
The whole thing is a con
You are sold a dream of changing the housing market and making housing more affordable. You soon realise that it's all driven by cost and delivering 'targets' and management only care about their own careers. The houses and flats that they are creating are full of problems because everything is poorly managed. Some very talented people have come and gone... Mostly because the place is such a mess and it's difficult to change anything, and they get overruled by directors who have no idea. But I guess they pay better than most!
Pros
Pay well, and also some very nice people
Cons
Mismanagement and lack of direction from directors
if you want to go work somewhere give 150 % then get stabbed in the back this is the place for you they have no idea what they are doing the place is run by idiots if you work hard you get a disaplinary if you are work shy you get treat like a king absolute terrible place to work the HR department just want to sack people an the union is a case of if your face fits the re
Pros
none they treat you like rubbish
Cons
Run by absolute idiots was once a good place to work
TOTALLY AGREE with Titanic homes review 😩 Anybody in a yellow hat is Totally ignored No personal development nobody cares In management look down on staff even though they have no experience of building trades 😩
Pros
Good lads
Cons
Good lads are Totally ignored
I have been with LGMH for over two years. It's not without its challenges, but if you deal with these in an adult manner, they are overcome by a very supportive management structure and culture. The rewards are good, and it is certainly not a boring work place. I work as part of a really supportive, friendly team. We accept and embrace each other's individuality and the experiences we each bring to the team. I feel valued as an employee. I find that I am free to express my opinions and ideas, and that they will be listened to. I hope to continue with LGMH for many years to come, and to see the company succeed and grow.
Pros
Supportive workplace
Cons
Very fast pace
No manager has time to listen to your views because they don't know anything about what we do or really understand the processes, unless your face fits or you know someone higher up the food chain you can not advance up the company ladder, and there is a lot of bullying by management especially certain blue hats who are clueless.
Pros
Cons
No one in management wants to listen because they just don't care or respect you
Where to start.The Company can’t get their own advert right check the pay rate £21,648 -£24,068 PER HOUR.Bullying incompetent line managers especially milky, turn ups and lets not forget prancing pony. They have no building or people skills so what use are they???.The academy is useless best training you will get is from the 1 or 2 tradesmen they have left. If you apply you Will get a job as they are desperate because of the amount of people leaving. Don’t give up another job to join this company you will regret it.. Titanic homes sinking fast.i am now off to hand in my notice.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Incompetent line management
If you haven’t already noticed with the other reviews there is a massive difference on how production and office staff/managers get treated here. Don’t apply for a production job unless you like being treated like something on the bottom of a managers boot. The only thing that’s stops me from leaving is I need the job and the people I work with are great but the place is running like a circus
Pros
Lol
Cons
Too many
A truly toxic factory to work in ,avoid at all costs . Bullying, poor health and safety and numerous managers in key roles that lack real expertise to carry out their roles.
I really like working for Legal & General! At interview I was told that no two days would ever be the same and they were absolutely right! It can be challenging at times, but if you are like me and thrive in a busy, fast paced environment then this is the business for you. Everyone I work with is really committed to making a difference and that is so refreshing to see. I cannot lie, there are days when we work later than we would like but I have a great Manager who really supports me and what I am trying to achieve so makes it all worth while. The bit I love most are the people, we do work hard but regularly go out and have different social activities to let our hair down. There are improvements that can be made, no doubt every business is the same, but it does seem that the company really do take feedback on board and do want to make changes for the better.
Forward looking company with great ideas and a plan to help solve the countries housing shortage, delivering affordable houses. Friendly relaxed atmosphere Good pay with some great additional benefits Facilities are good, canteen is great Communication is improving throughout the business with monthly company briefings Recruitment and Induction process was well conducted, and provided a great overview of the company Still has the feel of a start up so there is always lots to do, but opportunities to use own initiative to contribute
Any new start up is always going to have a number of challenges - and LGMH is no different. Saying this the business is really trying to achieve something hugely ambitious and finding its feet can sometimes be difficult. I have been in the business for over a year and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. The people I work with are really passionate about making a difference and the environment is busy and dynamic. Everyone in the business received a lovely Christmas hamper for their hard work, as well as regular Modular Hero awards and the monthly briefings to recognise people's hard work and skill. I have worked in a number of manufacturing environments and some of things I have seen here are really positive in comparison. It is a tough place to work at times, with expectations really high so will suit people that are highly motivated to pushing the boundaries within their area of expertise. If you have fixed visions on the way things work, this place will not be the right fit and you will find it frustrating.
Pros
Great perople, excellent benefits including share scheme for all employees, good holiday entitlement and salary
Cons
In its early stages so some of the progression and development is not yet mature
Lies from day 1, they say they're collaborative and purposeful which couldn't be more wrong, if you work in production you are basically scum, office staff get given expensive champagne for doing there job whilst production staff get nothing for working hard, HR are non existent and live in dream land they also dont care about production staff, the training is a joke.