Legal & General

Legal & General Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Managers are annoying and they give yh a tonne of work to do without any help. The only good thing is incentives with pay. They are always under pressure and many many complaints from customers
Management show understanding and flexibility towards the team. If you get stuck into your work they empower you to make decisions good freindly place to work with high standards .
Pros
Shares and good contributory pension scheme, holiday purchase, scheme
Cons
Non
If you want your mental health to stay intact don't work here. Seen in the space of 6 months people deteriorate mentally. Sad. They couldn't care less either.
Loved working for legal and general ! The work life balance was great and we had lots of work nights out, from the pub to food, I would recommend it to anyone
Great place to work form Job Live Balance Lots to learn a really forward thinking Company to Work For Management really take the time to get to know people Great place for advancement but not a moment Good Team Ethos all very collaborative
The office culture is fantastic. Friendly, very professional and fun to work in. Exceptionally good training and on-going support. Management recognise and reward great service appropriately.
Pros
Great staff, great support, fun environment
Cons
This company really know how to treat their staff, very good working conditions and very approachable management. Good advancement opportunities and plenty of support and coaching. Also very fair bonus scheme.
Pros
Well supported employment and good reward system.
Cons
Currently with redundancy going on did not want to there once the company have establish more secure work then would be happy to return at anytime to L & G. Traning could be improve somewhat as well.......didnt feel l was being treated right? Unequal to my colleagues also my house had some emergency repairs which need to be done, trading instructor was to ridged in allowing time off to deal with things & being unrealistic and unhelpful, as l did not know the builder - felt l had to chooses between a house or a job. Then was told she had problem with my "tone" To over critical . One sided pointed of view.
Pros
Good long term prospects, Easy for me to get, Great office, Great for advancement
Cons
No long term job security. Redundancies are an uneasy place to work in.
The job is very different to what is advertised, the job title should have the word SALES in it. Its as much about generating sales leads for other departments as it is customer service. You are even reprimanded if they feel that you missed a sales opportunity. The quality standards are ultra strict and clearly designed to mark down staff in every possible way. Why? Its because your bonus relies on your quality scores and the majority of the staff earn no bonus at all despite being overworked / underpaid in the first place. It is a typical call centre / sweatshop type environment with totally inadequate facilities for the number of staff, opportunities to progress within the department are practically zero unless you are part of the click / a "yes" merchant and Team / Department Managers that think far too much of themselves and actually believe that they are the people who keep the place running. If you just need a job to cover your share of the rent and to party at the weekends then it might work for you. If you want to build a career, be fairly paid / recognised for your hard work and be able to progress then give this place a big swerve.
Pros
City Centre location, work hours are better than many contact centres.
Cons
Heavily sales orientated, typical call centre, underpaid for whats expected.
Some of the Team Leaders were great and then some not bothering to help or assist. Staff, great ppl to work with. Its about quantity and not quality.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
No other break
Overall this is a decent company to work for. It allows you to adapt working hours if needed and the people are friendly. Fast paced and attention to detail is required.
Pros
flexible when needed
Cons
teams feel a bit split occasionally
Decent sounding wage and big company image but dont fall for it like I did! Most vacancies are for the Existing Business Dept. They pitch a customer service role but in reality its hugely sales based. You are constantly pressured to generate sales leads for other areas of the business as well as your own while they dangle the 'carrot' of a monthly bonus. The truth is that targets are clearly set to penalise you in every way possible and at best some earn little bonus but most earn none at all. Also often under staffed, low morale and high stress levels. A high staff turnover and badly managed in many ways. I left feeling completely mugged off !
Pros
central location
Cons
If you are not a YES merchant who is happy to be over worked / under paid its not for you.
Training is comprehensive and thorough. The colleagues create a pleasant and enjoyable place to work. Each role has many aspects, so each role has variety.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Not easy parking
Legal & General is a very good company to work for very fast paced. with lively staff and potential for promotions. Very good pay and benefits.
Pros
plenty overtime
Cons
Typical day was speaking to customers and financial advisers. Team managers were good Good staff around you. The culture turned to too much lead orientated sales
Pros
Good staff around you
Cons
Inconsistent Sales Targets for non-sales staff
This is for young people. Older people and by that I mean anyone over 40 will find the environment not unfriendly but without much support bordering, with some of the managers, contempt.
Pros
Cons
Some
I enjoy working within Legal & General,a typicL day in work would include _ •Dealing with customers day to day over the telephone providing help with setting up their annuities. •Providing customers with help on their annuities and assisting with their enquiries. •Processing cheques, post handling and faxes. •Producing quotes and advice on different options they can have with their plans. I enjoy working within my team and get along well with all my co-workers.
Pros
working hours and pay
A typical day consists of receiving and making phone calls to policyholders and independent financial advisors. Processing requests received in the post regarding the policies dealt with in my team. Maturing, surrendering policies, fund switching, and finding lost policies. I learnt to manage my time effectively for maximum productivity. Trained on as many processes as was allowed to further my knowledge on the products and procedures. Management is always supportive in my personal development and very encouraging. The most difficult part of the job was trying to be as productive as possible whilst dealing with system problems. The most enjoyable part of my job was being part of a very diverse and interesting team.
Pros
Supported personal development
Cons
Only offered me a contract position
  1. Customer Service Representative