Legal & General
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Legal & General Employee Reviews for Manager

A truly toxic factory to work in ,avoid at all costs . Bullying, poor health and safety and numerous managers in key roles that lack real expertise to carry out their roles.
Forward looking company with great ideas and a plan to help solve the countries housing shortage, delivering affordable houses. Friendly relaxed atmosphere Good pay with some great additional benefits Facilities are good, canteen is great Communication is improving throughout the business with monthly company briefings Recruitment and Induction process was well conducted, and provided a great overview of the company Still has the feel of a start up so there is always lots to do, but opportunities to use own initiative to contribute
Any new start up is always going to have a number of challenges - and LGMH is no different. Saying this the business is really trying to achieve something hugely ambitious and finding its feet can sometimes be difficult. I have been in the business for over a year and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. The people I work with are really passionate about making a difference and the environment is busy and dynamic. Everyone in the business received a lovely Christmas hamper for their hard work, as well as regular Modular Hero awards and the monthly briefings to recognise people's hard work and skill. I have worked in a number of manufacturing environments and some of things I have seen here are really positive in comparison. It is a tough place to work at times, with expectations really high so will suit people that are highly motivated to pushing the boundaries within their area of expertise. If you have fixed visions on the way things work, this place will not be the right fit and you will find it frustrating.
Pros
Great perople, excellent benefits including share scheme for all employees, good holiday entitlement and salary
Cons
In its early stages so some of the progression and development is not yet mature
Pro's - Good company benefits, Group IP, CIC & Life. 25 days holiday for all staff when they join. Agile working more commonplace Con's - Departmental managers out of touch with area, staff bullying commonplace and many members of staff are off with work related stress/anxiety. Company produces the right soundbytes online and through comms, but due to fear culture, people too worried about losing pay/bonus to speak up against bullying.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
Out of touch senior managers
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Legal & General?