Legal & General
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Legal & General Employee Reviews

Managers are annoying and they give yh a tonne of work to do without any help. The only good thing is incentives with pay. They are always under pressure and many many complaints from customers
Left my job of 5 1/2 years to go here sounded great on the interview stage.. but reality kicks after 3 week of being there.. should of stayed at my last job even on less pay doesn't way up with the hours you work and going to shifts in near future and a the travel cost fuel
At the moment I am working on several projects. I prioritise my work in the morning. I quality check my colleague's work and authorise payments for each project. I keep an eye on the team's mailbox during the day for any urgent emails. I then process customer income drawdown requests in order for members to access their pensions at age 55. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping and training other colleagues in the processes that I have learnt.
People are very friendly, some of the managers concentrate on work too much and not the people. Some areas do their own thing, regardless of strategy - but on the whole, it has a flexible way of working.
This is a great company to work for and that value your hard work. The hours are flexible and support and training at the highest standards. The engagement for the staff is amazing. If this is a job where you want to progress then this is a good choice.
Pros
Free Lunch and well paid overtime
The office culture is fantastic. Friendly, very professional and fun to work in. Exceptionally good training and on-going support. Management recognise and reward great service appropriately.
Pros
Great staff, great support, fun environment
Cons
One of the worst Companies I have worked at. This may have just been the particular office where I was located (it has since been closed). Managers seem to change every 18 months to 2 years, so getting any strategic change sponsored is virtually impossible
Productive Fun Competative Challenging Helpful Good Work Culture Good Salary benefits Work Life balance Good Team Members Good Management Encourages new talent
This company really know how to treat their staff, very good working conditions and very approachable management. Good advancement opportunities and plenty of support and coaching. Also very fair bonus scheme.
Pros
Well supported employment and good reward system.
Cons
Perfect job ruined by management. No support or career progression every manager looks out for themselves. Management are not approachable and they barely seen on teams.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Legal & General?
Very good work culture. Very friendly Encourages new technologies Motivating team Respect individual Good management Work life balance Good salary benefits
Pro's - Good company benefits, Group IP, CIC & Life. 25 days holiday for all staff when they join. Agile working more commonplace Con's - Departmental managers out of touch with area, staff bullying commonplace and many members of staff are off with work related stress/anxiety. Company produces the right soundbytes online and through comms, but due to fear culture, people too worried about losing pay/bonus to speak up against bullying.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
Out of touch senior managers
Currently with redundancy going on did not want to there once the company have establish more secure work then would be happy to return at anytime to L & G. Traning could be improve somewhat as well.......didnt feel l was being treated right? Unequal to my colleagues also my house had some emergency repairs which need to be done, trading instructor was to ridged in allowing time off to deal with things & being unrealistic and unhelpful, as l did not know the builder - felt l had to chooses between a house or a job. Then was told she had problem with my "tone" To over critical . One sided pointed of view.
Pros
Good long term prospects, Easy for me to get, Great office, Great for advancement
Cons
No long term job security. Redundancies are an uneasy place to work in.
Good salary and central Birmingham location Poor direction from senior managers Unable to deliver change effectively on time. Very negative working environment that does not encourage individual learning or growth.
Cons
Long hours, no recognition
The job is very different to what is advertised, the job title should have the word SALES in it. Its as much about generating sales leads for other departments as it is customer service. You are even reprimanded if they feel that you missed a sales opportunity. The quality standards are ultra strict and clearly designed to mark down staff in every possible way. Why? Its because your bonus relies on your quality scores and the majority of the staff earn no bonus at all despite being overworked / underpaid in the first place. It is a typical call centre / sweatshop type environment with totally inadequate facilities for the number of staff, opportunities to progress within the department are practically zero unless you are part of the click / a "yes" merchant and Team / Department Managers that think far too much of themselves and actually believe that they are the people who keep the place running. If you just need a job to cover your share of the rent and to party at the weekends then it might work for you. If you want to build a career, be fairly paid / recognised for your hard work and be able to progress then give this place a big swerve.
Pros
City Centre location, work hours are better than many contact centres.
Cons
Heavily sales orientated, typical call centre, underpaid for whats expected.
Legal & General used to be a great place to work, the salary was a lot higher than nearly everywhere else for the roles they were offering & one of the main reasons I applied there. Over the past year, the feeling there is very tense, stressful & just an overall unpleasant place to work. People who have applied externally (for the same roles) are given much bigger salaries & it's nearly impossible to reach a similar salary.
Pros
Flexible Working Hours
Cons
No benefit to being a long-term employee
Professional working environment, good work life balance. supportive management team. Good team sprit. Busy working environment, training and development
Legal & General are a great place to work. Very alive to modern working practices, discipline but not hidebound. Management by results, rather than personalities. I would heartily recommend them as an employer, and would return there at any time.
Pros
Well qualified, disciplined structure
Cons
Few, can be a bit limiting to a particular specialism.
Nice working environment and they had a gym and swimming pool too which was great. A very busy working ethos, very friendly people, lots of opportunity.
Some of the Team Leaders were great and then some not bothering to help or assist. Staff, great ppl to work with. Its about quantity and not quality.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
No other break
I worked in the training team, call centre and a back office department. All were great fun. You get out what you put in. If you work well they will be very fair with you.
  1. Employee reviews