Legal & General

Legal & General Employee Reviews

Managers are annoying and they give yh a tonne of work to do without any help. The only good thing is incentives with pay. They are always under pressure and many many complaints from customers
Overall this is a decent company to work for. It allows you to adapt working hours if needed and the people are friendly. Fast paced and attention to detail is required.
Pros
flexible when needed
Cons
teams feel a bit split occasionally
My career with Legal & General started as a consultant and within 3 years I became a manager of my own team of over 20 consultants. After 4 years within operations I became the Sales Support Manager where I created, developed and managed a new to the business Sales Support Team.• As a Team Manager I have outstanding knowledge of Group Risk insurance business.• I have an excellent understanding of Distribution & added value benefits. • Effectively and productively work in a portfolio-based team dealing with customer enquiries in a comprehensive and efficient manner.• Develop, manage and review servicing and sales support strategy to increase new business, retention & profitability. • Owning all types of enquiries, chasers for alterations, underwriting terms and accounts. • Being a broker Champion to a panel of Independent Financial Advisers. • Working within costing and budgetary constraints.• Attend senior manager meetings, giving daily team briefings and producing MI reports for my sales figures, plans and targets.• Customer Relationship Management (CRM) – Salesforce.
Pros
Really care about staff
Cons
Travel
I worked here for 25 years and saw many changes but the people made it a great place to work, and the work was rewarding. Wish I was still there, but it has provided me with skills and opportunities for the future
Pros
people
Cons
office closed
good character and behaviour from co-workers, help each other when the need arises .Everybody bringing their best to the table to achieve a COMMON GOAL
Pros
Salaries are paid on time.
Making changes to adapt to new digital age. Can be like turning a super tanker but right leadership in place to make it happen. Culturally it be a shock but it can happen.
Pros
Flexible working from home/ office. Hove is a great office
Cons
More senior you are the work
I loved working at this company, meeting great people. Great socialising events too. I would love to have a chance to work for this company again. Got alot of fun memories.
Pros
Flexiable. Fun. Career building.
Cons
Agile working is encouraged however for a new starter this can be difficult as rarely able to find a desk near your team. Mid tier Management are always looking out for themselves rather then actually managing their teams..
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor Management, need to book a desk everyday
The people I worked with made this job. Also the location in Kingswood. The job was quite demanding and at times rewarding. I liked being able to dictate when I worked my 7 hours for the day.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Senior Management didn't seem to care
Family like workplace. Friendly and good pay. Parking nearby would be nice ... benefits are good but rarely taken . If you get a job there you’ll prob stay
Pros
Pension
Cons
Office politics
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Legal & General?
Decent sounding wage and big company image but dont fall for it like I did! Most vacancies are for the Existing Business Dept. They pitch a customer service role but in reality its hugely sales based. You are constantly pressured to generate sales leads for other areas of the business as well as your own while they dangle the 'carrot' of a monthly bonus. The truth is that targets are clearly set to penalise you in every way possible and at best some earn little bonus but most earn none at all. Also often under staffed, low morale and high stress levels. A high staff turnover and badly managed in many ways. I left feeling completely mugged off !
Pros
central location
Cons
If you are not a YES merchant who is happy to be over worked / under paid its not for you.
The pensions transfer at L&G. I thoroughly enjoyed working here. Was dealing with the customers on daily basis. Did resolve complicated customer queries.
Pros
Share options, pension
Cons
Long commute
I've already reviewed this one, therefore this is simply a post to allow me to continue, not entirely sure why it came up twice ..................................
When I worked here the culture was great, it was a big company but there was still a sense of community (and fun). The benefits for employees were also great.
Pros
Good benefits and salaries.
Working in The City was a fast learning curve, meant being on top of your game and very well informed, life moved at a fast pace and deal sizes were significant.
Pros
Never Time To Standstill
Cons
Poor Commission Structures and unrealistic targets.
• Sole contact for all client’s contractor recruitment needs, advising and guiding the business through every stage of the process ensuing a smooth and effective delivery of solutions • Proactively developed and maintained strong relationships with all levels of stakeholders within client business areas • Maintain relationships with offsite/administrative functions along with mentoring new members of staff • Utilising a number of sourcing techniques to ensure the client receives exceptional delivery within agreed parameters of SLA and service quality
Duties involved Handling Buildings and Contents Claims flood and fire damage to insured property. Provided administrative support and insured handling of sensitive client information. Liaised with third parties in order to complete necessary paperwork and filing of correspondence, working in a time critical and demanding environment. Dealt with customers confidently and resolve their claims in a timely manner. Investigated claim value and negotiated settlement at the appropriate amount, maintaining average claim costs within targeted levels. work place culture was diverse and very much enjoyable. I learnt many administrative skills including the ability to multi task and meet deadlines
Although the hours were long and the work very demanding , it was offset by the job satisfaction and rewards . The atmosphere was electric with many deadlines to meet but was helped by the great team I worked within
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Very long hours
The Change projects are interesting and challenging which provide great job satisfaction. Collaborative working makes for an enjoyable and friendly workplace culture.
Pros
Great benefits
Really enjoy my time at Legal & General delivering regulatory changes required by the FCA. These changes impacted both the quote and buy journey as well as the renewal experience for customers.
Pros
Great Enviroment
Cons
None that I experianced
Training is comprehensive and thorough. The colleagues create a pleasant and enjoyable place to work. Each role has many aspects, so each role has variety.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Not easy parking
  1. Employee reviews