Leicester City Council

Leicester City Council Employee Reviews

Very supportive and friendly work environment with excellent work and training culture and although my post was only a maternity cover position with the knowledge that the post could end after 8 - 9 months, i thoroughly enjoyed my time working in Customer Support.
Enjoy my job been here 22 years love working outdoors work with great people great job in the summer not to good in the winter but you get used to it
Pros
Don't really have a lunch don't work enough hours
Leicester city council is a lovely and friendly place to work. Excellent pay scale and friendly team. I worked for LCC six years casual and six years permanently.
Pros
Very friendly staff
Cons
Great flexibility
The job was easy and the training opportunitys far exceed any other workplace.Able to buy holidays and work flexible hours. Work van all paid for. Their is a culture of moaning with the council but the benefits and pay are much better than can be found in private company's.
Pros
Pension. Paid doctors appointments. Yearly medical.
The job itself is good and easy. Good communities and generally no trouble but some of the management is poor. Treated unfairly and a lot of blackmail by manager. Ie if you want holiday do this.
Pros
Lots of breaks and good pay
Cons
Staff
Ottimo per persone alla prima esperienza, meno per professionisti esperti in cerca di opportunitĂ  di carriera
Pros
buoni rapporti interpersonali
Cons
nessun training e poche possibilitĂ  di carriera
management have no clue of what you are doing or are not interested in anyone but themselves pay is poor and working with no moral due to poor management
Walk around all of Leicester issue fines when needed and help the public when need to all different types of life and the management is alright the hardest part of the job is walking around in all weather and writing in a book in the rain
Pros
Good money and everything provided
Cons
Working in all weathers and writing in a book
communication skills improved interactive job very interactive with the personal care service providers at time not cooperative great workplace culture
Varied job roles under one title. I have gained immense experience in various departments that I have worked for at Leicester City Council. Management varies depending which department you are working for, it could be a fast paced or relaxed environment. It is all related to workplace culture. Hardest part of the job is mix and match in an untimely manner which is really unsettling and lose of focus. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the team!
Nothing but positive feelings towards all aspects of the job. If you’re happy to put the work in and enjoy different challenges then I highly recommend this to anyone.
I had to leave due to the stress, To much work for amount of time Most enjoyable working with children Hardest fitting amount of work into time available. This was my feeling when I left but does not reflect all of my time working for Leicester
Great people to work with. I have worked for the Leicester city council for many years and my only grumble would be the payroll. Not very helpful and you are always made to feel like you have done something wrong when all you have done is called for some advice.
arriving in the morning to report to supervisor and pick up work for the day. working with a partner and going out to investigate reported problems with drains.
Leicester City Council does not care about the people who are working for the council. If they a member of management take a dislike to you. They will do everything they can to get rid of you. To the extent of lying and getting junior management to lie. No matter what you are how will you are at doing your job. Your gone. Don't rock the boat.
It would be nice to paid unsocial hours and paid double overweends. Interviews should not made hard for applicants. They should be given achance to develop their careers
Customer Service Department was a good place to work. Always different each day. Friendly and Supportive colleagues. Fast Paced. Good on-site training opportunities.
Great company to work for , the training was always very thorough and precise . The company really lol after there staff . Residents were given the best food and activities .
I worked as an agency worker assisting clients with no recourse to public funds. I worked in the capacity of an assessor. Assisted clients with accommodation placements and subsistence.
Will be interested in work for Leicester city council because I live in this city and will bring my knowledge and experience which I have gained from my previous employer.
Working for the Leicester City Council is challenging and rewarding, you have to overcome barriers, be creative, innovative and think outside the box.
Pros
Good training, supportive collegues