Leicestershire County Council

Leicestershire County Council Employee Reviews

You are looked after well by this Council. There are opportunities to climb the ladder professionally. Help and support are generally to hand. Pay scale is fair and reflects the work undertaken.
Pros
Mileage paid
Cons
Communication can let it down
I gained a lot of knowledge and experience working for Leicestershire County Council, it was a very fast paced and target driven environment. The morale was always high and I really enjoyed working a part of a big team.
Pros
annual leave
Cons
salary
I’ve worked for LCC for over 15 years in various job roles, staff are well supported in all aspects of their role and all training provided is informative and good quality, the work life balance is outstanding and I would highly recommend anyone thinking of working for this company to apply
Pros
Good salary, excellent management
Cons
There may be occasions when you have to travel to training courses
Loved driving the different size buses. Enjoyed picking up the service users (ASC.) This included people with special adult learning , also dementia and medical issues and on occasions children with educational needs . Collegues and Employers good and flexible. Nice atmosphere to work in .
Good Management who is very supportive Flexible working - no micromanagement Feel part of the team Good case direction Good team spirit Excellent Head of Service
Good team and management support. I really liked the environment, the staff restaurant is great and reasonable prices. Would reccomend as an employer.
Worked for local government for a number of years but wanted a new challenge Have lots of opportunity to move within departments internally. I would recommend anybody applying to local government .
LCC is a well organized government agency. The working environment is perfect. They train staff and encourage professionalism. Staff welfare is good, with lots of trainings and free courses.
Don’t bother. They are all looking after each other’s backs . Not professional. All the higher Grades looking after each others backs . Not bothered about the clients. How far they gonna get up the ladder. They don’t have interviews for jobs advertised, they just get offered them.
I worked here for almost 5 years on agency they had me everyday to work and not once did they mention anything about taking me on. I the last few months I'd noticed I wasn't getting paid correctly and both the council and the agency blamed each other, after discovering it was a council mistake and trying to take it further by requesting a meeting they laid me off instantly.
Enjoyable to work for, good culture and a wide variety of roles as would be expected from a local authority. Wages are fair for the public sector, and there is plenty of scope for progression within teams and departments. Work-life balance for general team members is excellent - flexible working is generally available where needed for most office-based roles nowadays. However, the now decade-long squeeze on public spending is having an effect on staff morale as services are constantly under pressure, and some questionable management changes in a few teams have not helped a perception, both internal and public, that savings are seen as more important than actual services in some areas. In spite of this, the majority of teams are well-run by good leaders, and the workforce is a good one representing people from all walks of life and backgrounds within Leicestershire - it is a good work environment and I would absolutely recommend working there.
I loved working with the library services - such an important part of the community. The team I worked with were fantastic and friendly and the customers were all lovely. I never had a bad shift in my 5 years of being there.
my experience was good and bad felt at times they only understood the job role and not the work life balance, wage is good but flexibility wasn't for me but that's personal opinion
I only did work experience for a week, I was not paid. staff were very friendly I would recommend to anyone looking for a professional career in local government.
While the work is interesting and varied the lack of job security is a hindrance. The bonus will be the people you work with, they will help you grow and learn.
A very busy role but excellent training support and guidance given from the senior team and management. I learned a lot about health and social care and enjoyed the interaction with the general public and professionals that I was involved with. I built an excellent rapport with many. At times the job was stressful and could be upsetting but to turn the situation into a positive outcome was very satisfying.
Stressful place to work. Constant work routine changes that are difficult to manage especially as management don’t know how to manage the changes themselves. No paid enhancements for working weekends, bank holidays, or unsocial hours.
Really Great place to work. The management were friendly and managed their teams well. Entire staff team at The Trees were knowledgeable and well respected with each other.
Avoid applying here unless you want to be disappointed. I had a interview invite over the phone for a finance postition and was told that they could not send the details of the interview over email as there systems not working so was invited for a formal interview however when i got there i waited 1 hour to then ask reception “whats going on.” And was told that the manager interview is on holiday and after several attempts to get in touch with a member of staff from the department, a very rude member of staff from the department told me the jobs been filled. Utter waste of time and pure disappointed!!! Extremely surprising as you wouldnt expect this kind of unprofessionalism anywhere and especially here, i have never experianced such negativity elsewhere. Avoid in all means!!!!!
Enjoyed being mobile kitchen assistant as i met lots of different people, it's not for everyone but good if you get bored easily. was able to work around my kids school hours.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
didn't receive my Level 2 food hygiene certificate.
Not a good employer, some really nice people Really busy I learned many things including computers Workers on the whole are typical just want to do the best. Rather not give opinion of management Most enjoyable part following job from start to finish knowing I had a hand in it.