Leonard Cheshire
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Leonard Cheshire Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

Good place in the scheme of Care homes. Staff where expected to work hard but not to the death like some places. Usual over thinking pay grade and back stabbing on occasions but generally happy place. The wages where fair fair
Pros
Nice clients and on the whole nice colleagues. Descent wages for care
Cons
Odd bad apple. Over expertations of team leaders. Poor communication between management and staff.
I have worked for LCD for one year , great team work , great clients, great management, then was Eni P. I would like to come back as I left for betterment I had great qualifications to be a Senior and progressed to be nurse assistant
Pros
On training only but you could eat and all deducted end of month very convenient to workers
Cons
It's your choice and company pays for extra hours an incentive to workers
I worked from home to home working with people and children with certain disabilities. I worked mainly with a boy with severe Autism. This was a very enjoyable place to work at.
Residents are very well looked after and treatment wiith dignity and respect.. 5* ...staffng is 2:1 ratio in a team of 6 ( if lucky)..lots of sickness.. 25 residents to assist and prepare for their day... shift hours are early or late .. work 7.5 hours get paid for 7 .. monies are not great but above average.. if unlucky you get a back to back shift a late 14.30 to 22.00 followed by an early 07.15 to 14.45.. 9 hour break instead of gov.recommended of 11 hrs.. ( seem to get away with it!).. hot drinks are chargeable..drink water it's free! Training is good .. some in house and some in Warrington ( paid for) As well as e learning system for mandatory care certificate. No progression within company .. start as a carer ..stay as a carer... nurses in charge of medication runs etc. Staff are friendly ....bit clicky to start ( but most places are)
Pros
Residents
Cons
Inconsistent rota..long hours.. no progression..no free hot drinks
If this company had never shut down I would've probably been here until retirement, this company was extremely understanding of flexible needs to work around family and other commitments.
Pros
all pro's
Cons
no cons
Very long stressful hour's. Short staffed nearly every day. A manager who was sacked for claiming for overtime and expenses she wasn't entitled to! Low staff morale.Team leaders who were bullies. Poor regional manager. Very demanding residents. All in all not a nice place to work.
Pros
Leaving the company
Cons
Long hours etc.....
I find as long as you have a good team you will be supported. The day staff get put on to support all areas of Leonard Cheshire including Working short to cover nights, laundry, cooking and cleaning. We are expected to be physios and nurses on top of our daily personal care. But a very willing team to support and benefit everyone.( no rewards or acknowledgement given) on a fully staffed day its a relaxed environment to work, homely environment. Some challenges but always supported and very fulfilling! I enjoy working for Leonard Cheshire only down fall lack of outings unless hospital appointments and not enough weekends off.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Low pay and outings
It is a lovely place to work, staff all work well together. There is lots of support and help when needed. It's well run all staff in the office are always there for support and advice.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Not enough money
very professional but also happy family environment very friendly relaxed atmosphere. a typical day would be morning care as wished by service user,assist with breakfast and chat about their plans for the day,clean and tidy their room,assist with lunch chat about their day or anything they want to chat about,completion of all relevent paper work i.e isp and charts.
Pros
friendly atmosphere caring
Cons
shifts
The management dont have a clue how to run the establishment or respect their staff. Working understaffed. Hectic environment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Leonard Cheshire?
At LCD the greatest part of the job is the great feeling you receive when helping out a client, my co-workers have always been friendly and reliable.The hours of work however have been an issue while i have been attending University, which meant i had to become occasional hours staff, i am now looking for some where which will offer advancement within the business when the time is appropriate and offer full time hours.
Pros
nice people
Cons
not enough hours
Every day is different, Enjoyed helping with all aspects of assisting service users to stay in their own homes. The hardest part of the job is not getting attached too much.
Pros
the people you help
Cons
traveling to homes in rush hour traffic