Leonard Cheshire

Leonard Cheshire Employee Reviews for Caregiver

Been some staff changes but for the better. Shame some people didn't stay but its a distance to travel for some and late night finishes. The food is ace. The residents are a big family.
Thought the staff was friendly and the patience was kind and helpful 😊.. learned a lot and always looked forward to going to work.. always on time 😊
Pros
No free lynch
Cons
Yes always worked over time
loved the customers, not the company, communication was awful, poor rotaing, not got many good things to say regarding the company, poor working hours
the work at LCD can be challenging and rewarding, helping service users to feel that they are individual and important. helping less experienced staff to gain experience and work more efficiently and as a team.
the job entailed me to walk around calne helping people in their own homes with a variety of caring needs. I helped a client no1 to get him/herself up and about after a life changing accident, my co workers were great people to work with and we all helped each other
My role at Leonard Cheshire was to look after the well being of disabled Adults. Duties varied from cooking to showering the Individuals. I would start my shifts on various times of the day, Including Bank Holidays. I was expected to have at least one shift to be an overnight (Sleep Over). Working as a Career was a challenge but a very rewarding challenge. My duties would include assisting the patients to go shopping / Going for a meal / or just some fresh air at the park. My experience working as a career was defiantly rewarding and through doing this job I gained more confidence to deal with difficult situations. Reasons for leaving where mainly getting upset to see these persons struggling on a day to day basis. (Courses Attended at Leonard Cheshire) • Health & Safety at Work (Lifting Techniques) • First Aid at Work • Fire Safety • Administration of Medication (Level 2) • Food Hygiene
Pros
Meeting people and caring for people
Cons
Non
I enjoyed working for Leonard Cheshire, as i loved meeting new people, a typical day would have been driving to the peoples houses and doing their housework while chatting to them, maybe taking them shopping or out for the day if that's what they wanted. If ever i didn't understand anything, the management were very easy to talk to, didn't feel intimidated, the most enjoyable part of the job was just chatting to them and listening to them, also having a cuppa with them every now and again!!!, the hardest part would have to be when you have built up a good friendship with them and they pass away.
Pros
meeting new people