Leonard Cheshire

Leonard Cheshire Employee Reviews for Team Leader

1. Collect day services uses to take them to DASH 2. To treat everyone with dignity and respect 3. No leadership or management support 4. Not very good 5. Lack of management 6. Dealing and helping the disabled clients
Pros
Cons
Lack of management support
I enjoy working for Leonard Cheshire. I have received a great support and guidance to become a better team leader. I received great trust and I am so proud of our team! I also learned a lot on PC and developed skills I didn’t trust myself to ever gain at all. Overall it made me a better person.
Pros
accomplishment
Cons
Hourly rate
Excellent company to work for. Approachable management, friendly staff, good rate of pay. Excellent facilities within the setting. Have worked here for nearly 8 months and I'm very happy within my role.
Pros
Training
Cons
Management very poor, suspended staff for Small Petty reasons, staff overworked, no appreciation, home work balance very poor, long shifts, staff/ resident ratio not enough
Leonard Cheshire is a lovely place to work , yes it is hard work but the results are very rewarding. Management are very good at listening and resolving problems if truthful and communicate with them .
I was working in one of the one of the most amazing homes of Leonard Cheshire, and I will always regret that I left - I left due to moving to another side of the country. We had wonderful team, we treated each other like a family, with respect and all Leonard Cheshire Values. Our Service Users were extremely important for us, and it was making whole team happy to make their day. It was making me happy to come to work every day, meeting my service users and my team and work together. Life and work balance was always there, as if you did your hours, you had your days off and no one was asking or pushing to do more or above your limits. Pay was good. Managers were amazing, very approachable and kind, doing very often extra mile for the service, and nurses were ANGELS! I started there as a Support Worker and I was later Team Leader and Supervisor. I would hope that other charity organisations would follow the example of Leonard Cheshire, especially of Hydon Hill.
Pros
Staff, Management, breaks, food, work/life balance, on site accommodation, living with core values of the company and being proud of it.
Cons
Absolutely none.
To many changes in the company. No support or training given in certain areas of the job. Be expected to cover every aspect of the job and not get any thanks or recognition. The clients are great and you get to work with some truly good people.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Lack of support and training.
Leonard Cheshire Disability is a charity supporting disabled people in the UK and around the world to fulfil their potential and live the lives they choose. They provide very good training and induction. I can be a very nice company to work for however, the particular nursing home I work for has very unfriendly staff and a manager who does nothing about the bullying in the work place.
My typical day at wotk is: dealing with service users questions and queries, ensuring staff are fully aware of what is expected of them during their working day, problem solving, dealing with medication queries / problems, checking paperwork to ensure all is up to date, checking previous medication sheets to ensure all are completed correctly.I am very proud of my staff who work tirelessly to ensure each service user is treated with dignity and respect. The hardest part of my role is palliative care, at times you can get quite close to families who often just need someone to listen to them. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing each service user is happy and well cared for and my staff are happy.
Pros
everyday is different
Cons
sometimes days can be long, depending on sickness of staff
I am always saying I am lucky because I love my job there are challenges most days at work but everything works out for the best, I left school with no qualifications but since working for Leonard Cheshire Disability I have gained so much experience in this area and had so many opportunities to develope my self and my skills, I work along side my co-workers but I am also their Team Leader I feel there is a good relationship between us and if ever I need assisstance with a difficult situation such as short staffed at short notice I always have volunteers I feel that I can support them in times where they need someone to listen to them. The hardest part of the job is when a service user passes away and when we have been a part of each others daily life for years It is very upsetting, the most enjoyable, well not any one particular thing is more enjoyable than looking after the service users and their families anything from a smile to introducing foods/ fluids to a previous nil by mouth service user an achievement gives enjoyment and a worth while feeling.
Pros
being able to make a difference in someones life no matter how big or small it is.
Cons
not being able to spent as much time as we would like with service users.
Leonard Cheshire Disability Trowbridge area, management role, very long hours and little or no time off work due to under staffing and no recruitment, a very low pay for the amount of work that is expected of you, little or no support from a family run company.Lack of support and training given to all staff, working most nights and weekends as unwanted overtime, constant pressure to do more and more work with no concern for the safety and health of the staff.
Pros
Cons
terrible place to work