Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom70 reviews

hospitaltrustpatientstaffteamfriendlylearnhard

Friendly staff ,Many social events depending on management

Can be a desirable workplace but management need to understand the extreme stress staff are under due to staff shortages and demands . Housing access is a problem

Pros

Reasonable break times

Cons

Long hours, chronic staff shortage

Unorganised

Department not managed well. Not treated fairly. Demands outweigh staff. Not enough staff. Expectations not met because managers have no clue what it’s like working on the frontline

Cons

Too busy, too stressful

Insights into Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Mixed

Wonderful people individually but management lack emotional intelligence and tick boxes.nursing hierarchy out of touch or unwilling to listen to nursing teams on the ground when it comes to poor management

Busy but friendly hospital

There is a sense of team work and a good management structure. Junior pharmacists are well supported to develop and gain skills needed for future development. People progress quickly to higher band roles

Great work experience

I was encouraged to enhance my role as a nurse .I undertook enhanced practice and nurse prescribing so I could totally care for my patient which I really enjoyed.They also encouraged me to futher my career and I undertook the matron role before I retired.

Good place for experience

I learnt a lot there.The culture needs to change, not impressed the way some practitioners are reluctant to change when it come to improve practice. Some interesting characters but has nothing to do with the trust itself.

Very hard to grow

The job itself sometimes can be taxing , but seeing people get well is why you do the job. If it wasn’t for that the managers and some of the workers are so horrible, after you get the job they don’t help you to integrate or help you get training you are elect to do this alone . They aren’t mindful of you situations at home or your health.

Cons

Very busy hospital with low team work

It's a good place to start your career in hospital. Some people are ready to teach and guide you especially younger staff. The trust doesn't help you to develop. They want already made staff in almost every area.

Fast paced working environment, always busy but rewarding.

High work volume as such a busy hospital but extremely rewarding as you feel you can make a difference if your work ethic is good.Great people to work with, some lovely patients who are always grateful if you give that extra mile. You need to be open minded and able to deal with varying situations calmly. Good opportunities for advancement if you work hard and are on board.

I've worked here for four years as a HCA. Started as bank and joined Larch ward as a permanent staff after one year. Loved to work at University Hospital Lewisham, meet great people, always made me feel like part of the big family. Great team to work with, always together, no matter what, standing up for each other and helping out. Great management, flexibility of shifts. The only inconvenience it was too far away from where I live (Harlow, Essex).Got great memories there and gained a lot of experience throughout the years. I would recommend this place, if you are a great team member, hard working and with a good sense of understanding what various culture means.

Pros

Team working

Cons

Parking

productive

• I experienced in the capacity of Specialty Registrar- International Training Fellow in General and Acute Medicine at a reputed British Hospital – Lewisham Hospital, UK. Successful in completing Member of Royal College of Physicians (MRCP [UK] Worked in the departments – Geriatric Medicine, Gastroenterology, Respiratory Medicine as well as Acute and Emergency Medicine.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

long hours sometimes

Lgt

Working at LGT was stressful -no real leadership coupled with bullying and harassment. My jo was not aligned to the jd most of the time. No flexi working, micro management

Self motivation is key, regardless of where you work. Had mix experiences working under different managers at different levels. Overall experience good. Make sure you take your personal and professional development seriously

Pre-registration pharmacy

I did my training here. Thankfully all my colleagues in the pharmacy department are super supportive and willing to help whenever. Just like any NHS trust many staff are overworked, but in the department there is a lot of teamwork and helping out others going on.

Pleasant place to work

Very supportive management excellent professional development. Good team working and supportive colleagues. A good area to work with manageable stress.

Productive and fun

Typical day at work involves supervising the work of Library staff, managing the duty rota, attending meetings, managing the library system, developing guides, providing training, carrying out literature searches and dealing with enquiries.

Stressful and hard work

It was hard work and no rewards. You are required to do so much with minimal resources. Almost every day was a headache. You need to be assertive and have a lot of patience to work there.

very busy yet not well compensated

very hectic environment and less compensated and there is a cultural difference. Regular employee works very hard but bank staff just works like a turtle, very slow and lazy. Thats why all of the pressure will go the the regular staff.

Zero star

I wouldn’t want even my pet cat work or be a patient in that hospital. Management was really bad, always short staffed or only one permanent staff on duty and the rest were agency and refuse to do anything clinical like taking bloods, IV meds or even simple things like patient care.

High levels of safeguarding & paperwork, with not enough time!

Small Teams which look after the staff well. However senior management is distant. Too much involved with the job including a high level of safeguarding. Impossible to complete the endless, and often unnecessary paperwork in the time available, so regularly the work is taken home with the nurses to keep on top of things. This time is often not appreciated by team leaders, so not offered back!

laid back and simple work

Good place to work to earn a bit of extra cash, possibilities for progression if you are willing to work hard and get the right people to notice you. Feels like your part of something.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust with

Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust reviews by location

Learn about Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust in popular locations

• Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?