LEYTON SIXTH FORM COLLEGE

LEYTON SIXTH FORM COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Professional and well managed

Thoroughly enjoyed working in the college, and appreciated the kind support from the team.The students are disciplined, well-behaved, and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve

Fantastic place to work for

Working at Leyton Sixth Form was the best job I've ever had. Everyone in each department tries to make every co-worker & student else feel included during working hours & CPD events.

Pros

Welcoming environment, easy to get around the college, exciting tasks

Cons

Could have less expensive lunches.

It does not matter if you have got Learning Difficulties, you can still do this Job & still get help when you are stuck.

I would help with DofE where I enjoyed inputting data onto the Computer & helping Students out to see which bits have/haven't been completed within the Award they're doing as well as which Awards they've not started/completed at all.

Pros

Learning a bit more about Excel so that I could further my Skills.

Excellent place to work

Management and all the staff are very friendly and helpful. Day to day exams are conducted according to the exams board. Down side is this is part time sessional job.

Fun

Good place to work very helpful during apprenticeship. Helped me balance my work load and coursework balanced through out the course of my time, really enjoyed CPD days.

Well resourced and professional

This is a well resourced and professionally minded organisation. There is a busy and purposeful work culture. Training is given and a high emphasis is placed on continuous professional development of staff. The job is demanding and can, at times, feel overwhelming.

Pros

Holidays during school breaks

Cons

High demands placed on staff

I really enjoy working here. They provide a lot support in order to make you succeed in your job role, as I am doing an apprenticeship they help me large amount and make me feel welcome.

Great, busy Reception

I have worked at Leyton Sixth Form as the Receptionist for 6 years. It is a busy, thriving position that is varied and interesting. I have built up good relationships with both staff and students alike, and enjoyed completing the various Admin / Computer tasks and resolving any problems the students may have or any queries staff may need resolving from Reception. No two days are the same as the level of variety in the post is high. The college has a free gym and this college is local to me within walking distance from where I live so it has been convenient for me to walk to work. I would recommend this post to any Receptionist who requires a varied mixed bag of work, enjoys working with young people and a range of service users and service providers and welcomes a high volume of people contact. Do not be discouraged by negative comments of short term staff with limited experience of Reception, with fleeting sections of cover. The Full Time Receptionist will be fully trained with a full Induction to manage the role. There are regular team meetings to keep up to date with any changes in systems and processes and there are regular training periods. This role is the best full time role I have had to date, with the level of variety and interaction. I will be heading in a different direction but I am thankful for the many years service I have worked here and will miss the lively students that attend here. I hope the next Receptionist enjoys the role as much as I have.

Pros

Free gym

Excellent institution

I feel it is my duty to respond to the very negative reviews that have just been written about the Admissions department at LSC. I have worked with the admissions team for nearly 2 years and believe that the department are a welcoming team who work effectively to provide the best service to students and staff at LSC. They are highly professional individuals who set a good example for the hundreds of students who walk in for queries such as timetable issues, UCAS, ID cards, attendance problems and much more. The admissions department are work efficient and get work done to the best of standards. They are involved in many college events welcoming visitors and potential students providing them with information about courses and enrichment. There is always a busy period for admissions so you will not get bored and will have a variety of tasks to complete. I believe working in the admissions team has enabled me to become a more confident person, willing to try new things and overcome any insecurities. I strongly believe this is the best place to work for individuals!

Pros

2 weeks off at Christmas, Bonus after working here for a year, free gym membership for staff, all staff briefing with tea and buns at the end of the month, excellent environment, diverse staff and student

Never again.

I had high hopes for working at LSC, but it all went down hill from the get go. Witnessing high levels of unprofessionalism such as bullying made me realise it was not the warm welcoming work place they had advertised! Matters are never dealt with, rather they are brushed under the carpet in order to keep up the good 'reputation' of the college, which is questionable. Working there is mentally draining, and is not worth the time, effort or salary. The Admissions team are by far the worst team I have ever encountered . The gossiping and whispering made things very uncomfortable. Not a good place to work.

Pros

Clean toilets

Cons

Long hours, low salary, dull environment and unprofessional staff

Jobs at LEYTON SIXTH FORM COLLEGE

See more jobs

Worst place to be in

LSC is not a welcoming environment there is no real progression and work load time is way too much. The admissions team is dark and cold i would not recommend anyone to work here let alone study. Management need to listen to there staff more as there are so many flaws amongst staff and there is no intervention taking place to prevent their behaviour from spiralling.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Long hours, low salary, car parking which you have to fight for, women who gossip too much, lack of training, not a nice environment

Great college to work for

This is a great college to work for. Management are supportive and well organised. There are opportunities to progress. Warm staff briefings, very inclusive and celebrate staff achievements.

Pros

Positive, supportive culture

Cons

limited parking for staff, parking restrictions on nearby streets

A fun and relaxing place to work

Good management and work place culture. Teachers have a good rapport with learners and everyone is polite. I look forward to going to work every day and very organised.

Busy Place to work

A typical day at work would be to arrive around 7am, check emails and answer machine and respond, prepare for the day's teaching. Attend meetings and preparing for student assessments to be marked. I learned to use databases and to multitask more effectively. My co-workers were over stretched with paperwork, attending meetings and dealing with student behaviours. Everyone is friendly and approachable. The hardest part of my job was managing the behaviour of the students and engaging them to do some work. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the positive achievement of the students when visiting them in their placement setting.

Pros

Good salary and annual leave

Cons

Long hours, managing teenagers behaviour

Good working environment

Leyton Sixth Form College is a good working environment, it is friendly and very professional. I was a careers assistant, I learnt organisation skills and communication skills.

A priuctive place to study at

I currently study at Leyton sixth form and I find it a very productive place to be in, to study and to make new friends each and every time.

A positive enviroment

You are encouraged to better yourself and are helped to grow and develop as a teacher. In the sector where job cuts are common, jobs are not currently under threat.

Pros

Reduced paper work.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEYTON SIXTH FORM COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement