Liberty London

Liberty London Employee Reviews

United Kingdom33 reviews

staffgreatmanagementworkexperiencelibertyteamdepartment

Fun Workplace

Good place to work. Good that the Head Office and store are so close to each other - means great collaboration. Discount is great!

Lovely building but competitive culture

Really nice place in terms of product and surroundings, but commission based selling makes the culture very bitter and competitive.Hours are also awful for a work life balance - a real combo of late and early shifts in one week plus weekends.

Insights into Liberty London

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energising work tasks
  • Fair pay for job

Fun and friendly

WorkWith a smile even under pressure, hard at times but also fun Great discounts available and great perks with staff sales . I believe that staff are considered important and looked after well

Pros

People and a beautiful place to work good discount

Cons

Travel toWork

Highly recommended

Beautiful building, exceptional environment and nice managers/colleagues atmosphere. To me, one of the best things were the trainings and visits of the designers.

Commission based- great pay but poor environment

Definitely a great experience- if you work hard you are rewarded due to the commission based pay- however this does mean that the environment is very competitive and not particularly friendly.

Loved working at liberty, it is like a family and everyone is so close. The pay isn’t so great but commission makes up for it. The managers are great and supportive

Management totally useless

The management is totally useless. They don't treat everyone fairly which is terrible. The manager is probably the most fakest person I ever met. Some of the colleagues are judgemental. I would never recommend anyone to work in that department. You have to be a certain type of individual to fit in.

Pros

The environment

Cons

The management

Productive workplace

Great store to start your retail experience, great locations too. You get many perks but you have to work hard to get everything. Very friendly staff and opportunity for growth.

Poor management

No respect for staff - lots of favouritism Made to clean - so not sure what the actual cleaning staff do Poor pay - unfair rotas with weekends not equally shared

fun

Fun environment but that's about it. Limited development opportunities and the hours can be long especially within retail as a whole. would recommend for entry level applicants.

bastante dificil promocionar en la empresa

ambiente agradable pero con poca facilidad a la hora de ser promocionado a un puesto superior

A fun and lovely place to work

A very unique, fun and loving place to work. Met some awesome people on the team and around the business. A typical day in the office was incredibly busy, I learnt several technologies which I had no knowledge of which has pushed my career. Management for me was appalling which is the reason for my departure.

Pros

35% discount

Cons

Long Hours

Liberty in the old days were a pleasure to work with

This department store prior to 90s were a pleasure to work in, workers were valued and incentives were good. Since the department store have been sold and various US bosses were brought in, the place has been absolutely hideous work place. The management is a joke, people are fired without any explanation and so on.

Pros

Cons

Bad management

I worked at liberty through an agency and it was an enjoyable experience, I would most definitely apply to work there permanently. Permanent staff members enjoy many benefits.

Pros

Free hot chocolate and coffee machine

Cons

Small staff room

I Love Liberty London

Great job out of school, one of my favorite London stores, located in one of my favorite parts of London. I felt proud to work for this brand and it gave me the opportunity to really tune in my costumer service skills.

Educational

Overall Liberty is a company with a variety of people from different cultures from staff to clients My department had various collections, but also limited quantity. I found in my view and for many working with me. We had a limit of what we sold and what people would want. And lack in sales would be affected by the limited stock. The building is an old Tudor style, bringing a unique and different approach to shopping experience. Our clients were mostly local, but attracted many tourists from around the world. Especially American. Most busiest times of trade would be on weekends, or late evenings. I appreciate the knowledge I have got to learn, of different types of brands, designs and the designers. Each designer has it's own story and design concept. And learning about the ideas placed into designs, helps with selling techniques. The more passionate the story, the more passionate one can sell any item. The only negative feeling to the company, was the management, as they weren't very skilled or too compassionate towards staff. You could have the feel of being a number, rather that a asset.

Pros

Brand knowledge

Happy but productive working place

It was a great place to intern as I learned a lot throughout the internship. There were a lot of hands-on work but it was great for me as I loved doing things physically as I think that's the best way to learn.

Productive and Fun Workplace

- Great People - Team excel in a fast-paced environment - Taught me a wide range of transferable skills - Taught me how to work to strict deadlines and goals

Day at work

easy going good management busy good team moral very good location so it was easy to get to good for part time hours overtime was also given which is a bonus for students

Vibrante work place

A place where style and quality come to one place. A unique retail store then any others in high street. A respectable brand. However it lacks management skill of it's managers.

Pros

commissions

Cons

management skills

Good people to work with

Other employees are great, but management is poor. Communication amongst managers is nonexistent, and some especially are rude and treat employees horribly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty London. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Liberty London with

Liberty London reviews by location

Learn about Liberty London in popular locations

• Liberty London
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?