Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,071 reviews

Professional work environment

A typical day at work would include assisting to the needs of my department. This was mainly organisation including archiving folders and sorting of clients accounts. I learnt basic procedures such as setting up excel spreadsheets to monitor clients accounts, I also learnt how organisational skills are so important within a company that has many departments. Co-workers were friendly and reassuring to talk to, they were very open and patient to help me with tasks that I was unsure of, they also made me feel very comfortable in the office. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with numbers because personally I find it difficult with managing numbers but nonetheless I enjoyed challenging myself and trying the hardest I can in order to understand the job at hand.

Pros

Good experience for what office jobs entail

Great place to work!

Front line jobs I held such as claims support, call center and claims adjusting were extremely fast paced, high volume and tight metrics. Other roles I held such as team manager and trainer allowed for a lot more freedom within your day to decide how and when to complete your work.

Fun Work Environment core structure problems

Core structure issues with how bonus and client service is handled. Would not recommend as an internship if very aggressive in wanting to project career. I got P And C certified and did very little actual sales most grunt quoting and did not build on the needed sales skills.

Pros

Fun to work with group

Cons

Job security based on new policy’s not retention

Surveyed Denied Claims

They may have changed this but they had this ridiculous metric on customer feedback on denials. Just ridiculous. Micro managing numbers was all upper management really did. Great adjusters were ground into the ground with workload. Absolutely wonderful peers though.

They look down on employees who have stood by for many years

The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. God forbid you change managers and they scolled you for doing your job differently. Even though your metrics meet every month.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Great Company

Great benefits and supportive management. Not the best training for a specialist level but training for entry level seems to be great. Was not given proper training for the role but they seemed to have ironed out those kinks as it was the first time they hired for this level from outside candidates. The learning curve was large at this level as my team did not know the systems or the Liberty way of handling and were given an unmanageable workload with the knowledge and resources provided so early on in the role. Finally feel like I’m recovering from the whiplash of inventory after 8 months of employment.

What is the best part of working at the company?Terrible company to work for, in a group meeting they said they over paid us and we’re looking for ways to pay out lessWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Your leaders use your weaknesses against you, rather than teach they cover there bottom and throw you under the busWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?All for one and none for all, keep quiet on how you feel about anything that happens or you will be singled outWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?It was like looking up at heaven from the bottom of the ocean

Would highly recommend, fantastic company. Great benefits. Promotions for people that work hard. Yearly bonus. Work from home. Love working for liberty

Poor middle management

Over my time I had many managers that were promoted without being capable to do the job. They didn't manage or develop and it was a constant revolving door.

What is the best part of working at the company?Good team to work with and good place to work.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Being a contractor and have to be familiar with the clients environment and to meet expectations in a short time frame.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great time environment working with good people!What is a typical day like for you at the company?Supporting their Windows servers and applications.

Good Work Life Balance

A Former Co-worker start the same time as I, We have been with the company less then a Year, Within this time frame this newly former employee help 4 new reps to understand as well as comprehend the training due to the lack there was giving, The work load was over whelming but this newly adjuster seems to get through the chaotic work load. Due to some of this former co-worker going through Covid-19, This former co-worker seems to bounce back . Liberty Mutual does a lot of micro-management but I know that they are all not consistence and what I mean is less then a year this co-worker was on 2 verbal warnings to be consistence with numbers etc. Me in my current role I have been approach twice to go to a lower position. Never advise or giving a written warning, I was Offer additional new hire training as well as sitting with tenure Reps. I have been in the call center world for 5 years an never seen a company FIRE!!! Adjuster less then 8 months in role. Also Liberty Mutual provided us with an annual review, How is that possible if I have not been here for a year? My manager did address some issue ending in 2022 and provided me with a game plan. So I realize as to why the turn over rate is so high. This need to be revaluated and address as well as BETTER TRAINING! We are in a pandemic an we are freely Terminating position without offering additional solution WAY TO GO Liberty Mutual. I will not be referring anyone to this company. Poor Training, Over work with high expectation and not enough pay.

Pros

Poor Training, High Work, Case Load, Not enough Pay, Inconsistency

Cons

Work from Home

Auto Claims Adjuster

Let me begin by saying Liberty Mutual has some of the best leaders in the business! The culture is rich with diversity and inclusion. LM cares about my success and rewards me well. There is much good to say about this organization! Action plan observations: The training is fast-paced and learning a new role virtually has many challenges. I would love for Liberty to slow down and focus on providing new hires with more individualized training and the confidence to perform claims handling efficiently and effectively.

Pros

Benefits; salary; remote; hardware provided; respect; home/life balance; communication

Cons

Stressful; program glitches; software outdated and needs streamlined; various training methodologies

stressful

very stressful and pay keeps decreasing , just always feels like a daily struggle to even find the motivation to even clock in some days , you just feel like a number

Great company with poor upper management

This company used to be a pleasure to work for. Unbearable case loads and no proper training for the roles given. In other departments it's a better experience. Unpaid overtime due to salary based roles, you can work up to 60-70 hours a week due to case load.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Case load, unpaid overtime

Fun place to work. Great life balance and competitive pay

Fun place to work. Great life balance and competitive pay. I would recommend as a place to start and build a career. The trend has been work for home. Keep in mine they like to micro manage your work.

Seemed like a good place to work and advance. The work just wasn't for me.

I worked here very briefly and realized that call center work is not for me. But, if you can handle call center work, this seems like a pretty good place to be. The pay was fair, not great but not bad either, very good training program (I think I was in training for something like 3 weeks before being on phones). Benefits were good as well from what I remember. Your mentors/managers will meet with you a lot and talk about advancement, and a lot of people there are working on furthering their education so you're around people that are bettering themselves.The things I hated, was how incredibly micro managed this place is (maybe this is every call center..). Your entire schedule is mapped out to the minute. Lunches are at different times each day depending on call load. And if you get a long call and it eats into your lunch, your stats for the day are probably shot - the reason being was this seemed to be a double whammy were you get penalized for not being at lunch when you're supposed to, and then you also get penalized if you take your full lunch and you're late getting back to the phones... Stats also seem to play a large part in promotions, they are important so you have to play the game of "Should I go to lunch early and take the 5 minute hit, or risk another call and possibly take a 20 minute hit"... It's incredibly stressful and irritating, but it's not impossible to have good stats.Some of the calls were tough, but for dealing with mostly auto accidents it actually wasn't that bad.The most irritating thing about working here was it was almost impossible to get ahold -

Pros

morale boosting events, nice clean call center, sit stand desks

Cons

fast paced call center, upset customers, insane micromanagement

Good culture and values: Lack of work life balance and career progression

What drew me to this company was the focus on a positive and include company culture and pay for performance. I loved the people I worked with, but had negative experiences with some direct supervisors. The lack of understanding toward those in my position drives employees away, and leads to high turnover, which is evident with the constant training/hiring yet still being consistently “short staffed”. We were treated like cogs in the machine, with every second of every shift being scrutinized and accounted for, as well as metrics that got progressively more aggressive and unsustainable through the years. Constant incoming calls with little actual support or understanding to employees leads to the majority of us getting burnt out fast. Opportunities for advancement outside of the call center were difficult to come by with many of us being passed up continuously. Most coworkers were awesome and supportive making the job more bearable.

If you’re looking for stability & fast growth this is the company for you

Insurance is annoying but this job is cool. They actually care about diversity equity & inclusion. They want everyone to feel valued & appreciated which makes you want to stay. It’s not the company it’s just the customers lol. They strive to make life at work as easy as possible

Pros

Advancement, salary

Cons

Short lunches/breaks

Awesome company

I’ve been here 8 1/2 years. Love the company and won’t ever leave!! Great benefits. Company supports you through good AND bad times. Generous compensation

Flexible, great benefits and great pay

Heavy workload, constant messages and direction of the company. As soon as you learn one way that are changing. Not a bad company, just need better management and stability.

Management was horrible.

The management is not very good at managing none the less. The staff that worked there were absolutely lovely and it was a pleasure to be able to serve them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Mutual Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Liberty Mutual Insurance with

• Liberty Mutual Insurance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?