Lifeline

Lifeline Employee Reviews

stressful but rewarding

enjoyed my work at lifeline, though it can be intense and at times exhausting it is largely rewarding and gave me great experience. I only left to relocate for my husbands work

Caution

Exercise caution. Employees could have better morals towards one another. Management overlooks bad behaviour. Otherwise was an enjoyable job, sad that people think of themselves and spoil it for others for their own personal gains

interesting and enlightening

the working hours was from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. i learnt working with monkey surveys, blog writing among others. working with people from different cultures and and participating in different team work was exiting for me . i really struggled at first when working with monkey surveys but with time i got the necessary skills and became one of the interesting tasks to perform

Not recommended

After a twenty year career in Drug and Alcohol services I sadly ended my career disallusioned with the unprofessional standards Lifeline provided for there employees after eighteen months. Staff turnover was a problem due to massive caseloads, very little support provided.

busy workplace

it is a good place to work. busy environment. help people who need it. Interact with a lot of different people. long night shifts on your own in an office, no breaks.

Not the reputation I was led to believe.

Communication between Staff and management not the best and communication between management non existent. Great company to work for until theres problems.

very insightful

loved working as a volunteer at life line as i love to help people and would love a career in support work if possible, i management was great co workers were great and i have no bad reviews at all

Pros

job satisfaction

Cons

not long enough

Lifeline review

Lifeline is a very good organisation to work for but unfortunately, it is very poorly ran by management. over 30 staff have left in the past 12 months and lots of staff are continually off sick with work related stress. A typical day at work would consist of outreach work, taking clients to the gym or to a craft class, followed by facilitating a group recovery session and also 121 brief psychosocial intervention. My co workers work extremely hard with very high case loads for the lowest pay in manchester for this role. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my service users. I have forged many excellent working relationships and therefore engage really well when it comes to the 121s.

Pros

I manage my own diary, good relationships with co workers

Cons

often have to work xmas day and new years day and bank holidays

Forward moving company

My typical working day consisted of visiting elderly clients in their homes to discuss and advise on life saving equipment. I also attended organisations holding information days to promote the service. The information that was collated was working from home to input necessary client details.

Pros

Meeting people and promoting service

Amazing

This place was definitely a change of scenery. It involved daily tasks such as audio-typing and filing but because it was not the usual kind of administration support it was enjoyable. The co-workers were all amazing people and it was such a shame that this was a temporary voluntary post.

Pros

Different things to discover every day

Cons

Leaving

Great people, excellent opportunity

I had the excellent opportunity to work with Lifeline, voluntarily, 3-5 days a week, as required. Typically I maintained usage of the till and general customer service, whilst ensuring the front of shop stayed clean and organized - This gave me some great skills and experience where I most needed it. The management and co-workers were all really good people, despite not having known them for that long, and a few people came and went sporadically. The most difficult part of the job was having to price the items, as it was difficult to figure out what to price each item as it came in, based on what it was and the condition it was in. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and generally helping them in any way I possibly could.

Pros

Great for experience

Cons

Unpaid

Very eye opening experiance.

Helping clients who are drug/alcohol users helping them slowly come of the drug(s) they are using and helping them back into work.

Pros

Helping others get back on thier own feet!

Cons

Working on my days off from my full time job.

a chalenging place to work

i enjoy meeting people from all diffrent walks of life. i work on the needle exchange giving advise and sterile equiptment too the appropriate people.